Hotel Kong Arthur
Skt. Petri(Copenhagen)
Hotel SP34(Copenhagen)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,138 results
All reviewscozy hourspa roomking arthurnorreport stationfree glass of winelovely hotelfood marketeach eveningjunior suitesister hotelshower gelminute walkno air conditioningquiet locationwet roomcity breakan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights in a Junior Suite. The hotel is located in a very nice area, 10-15 minutes walk from the city center. Our room was on the top floor (as we asked) which guaranteed less noise late at night. Large bathroom with italian shower. We did not have breakfast there as it felt too busy and there are lots of little cafes in Copenhagen.The reception/bar area is very nice with fireplaces which is just what you need before of after dinner! Speaking of, there are three restaurants attached to the hotel which are a good alternative when you don't feel like going out too far. We tried the tapas restaurant and it was good. Hotel staff was efficient. Overall good experience and good value for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2014

What a disappointment. Front desk staff were very pleasant. We arrived tired after our flight being cancelled and 6 hours sitting around in airports waiting to get onto a flight. Having checked in we were told that we were on the 4th floor (top floor) and unfortunately their lift was out of action. How does this happen in a hotel???? And it stayed out of action all weekend!!!! Four floors is not insurmountable, but hey - its a hotel!!! And as an apology we were given a voucher for DK100 compensation....can I just add that this amount does not even buy a glass of wine!!!! All of that aside ... the rooms are tiny - really tiny - you only just get a bed in there, that said, the bed was very comfortable. We asked to be moved to a larger room which they did, at a price of course..... Don't even get me started on the bathrooms -horrible, left over from the early 70's!!!! - and the quality (lack thereof) of the towels - from the 70's as well. I travel a lot, I stay in a wide range of hotels from 3 star to over the top luxury places and I have to say , this one, really disappointed me.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maree M
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Kong Arthur, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am deeply sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. Also, I am very sorry about the elevator in the part of the hotel we call Arthur 2 not working. Believe me, this is no fun to us either. We have been so unfortunate to have two of our five elevators break down at once. Unfortunately, problems with the technical equipment can happen everywhere. The one elevator has now been fixed, and we are currently waiting for the elevator company to get the items needed to fix the other elevator in Arthur 2.

I do hope you have replied our guest satisfaction survey sent to you by e-mail, if we have been given your e-mail address. Then I can check up on the room.
Again, I am very sorry that the problem with the elevator affected your impression of the hotel this much. I do hope to see you back to give you a better impression of the hotel next time.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We went there the whole firm - Moccamaster Nordic and had a great time.
Gitte from conference helped us with all we needed and booked dinnertickets for us ect.

The whole company really liked it there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your visit and for your review! I am very happy you and your company had a good time :-) Gitte sends her wishes; she is very pleased to know you had a good experience here; both in the conference center and throughout the rest of your stay. We hope to be able to host your next conference as well :-)

Best regards,

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Location
Great central (ish) location. Was about a pleasant 15 walk to the main centre, shopping and attractions.

Check in
Very efficient, very friendly smiley staff. Warm and genuine.

Lobby
Great lobby and bar area. Roaring fire, lots of big squishy sofas, quiet corners. Service from the bar was great, chatty staff and very pleasant too. The hot chocolate is a big recommendation :) you get a glass of warm milk with a lump of chocolate on a stick to stir in it. Yummy...

Room
Had room 417. Up on the top floor. Rather tired room. On front of building overlooking street so was very noisy from traffic, party goers etc. Nice comfortable bed but the sheets were not clean which is inexcusable. Obviously had been washed but were stained and if I noticed I them then they should have been replaced when the bed was made up. No air con so had to open windows. Bathroom particularly tired. I'm a bit of a bath man but this bath was very small and had a big rusty chunk out of the bottom. My colleague somehow ended up with a refurbished 'spa' room which was much much better. They need to roll out the refurbishment program quicker. So overall room acceptable (only just) but should be better for the rate.

Other facilities
My colleague had some 150krona vouchers in his room for some treatments at the attached spa. Had the fish feet nibbling sessions (I know) which was great. Spa very nice offering wide range of treatments. Again expensive though.

Breakfast
Nice. Varied selection of continental items but more limited on the hot side if that is your thing. Lovely strong coffee and fresh juices.

Check out
Smooth, effortless.

Summary
Location good but there are better hotels to be had for the money.

Room Tip: Try and get one of the newly refurbished spa rooms and not one over looking the street otherwise it will be noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review! I am happy you had a good stay at Kong Arthur. I am sorry about the problems with room 417 though, but thank you very much for mentioning this. We are currently going through all of our 155 rooms to fix these sorts of problems, if any, like the rust in the bathroom (the stained sheets are no excuse though, I will take this up with the Housekeeping Manager right away!).

Yes, just a month ago we launched our whole new spa floor. I am very happy your colleague liked his spa room. It appears we were fully booked, as he was upgraded to this type of room. These rooms cost a little bit more, as they include a welcome gift with vouchers and products, free admission to the spa and more. I hope you will get to try one of these rooms as well, next time you visit :-)

I definitely look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have particulary appreciated my staying at the hotel Kong Arthur : the position, the price in comparison with the good design of my room, a superior twin beds .For all these reasons I vividly suggest the Hotel .

Room Tip: superior room is mor comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank valeriaMarfisi

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review! I am very happy you had a good stay at Hotel Kong Arthur and look forward to welcoming you back :-)