1,936 results
All reviews eco hotel central station the red light district organic breakfast four poster bed steam room small balcony strip club toilet paper meatpacking district tivoli gardens the meat packing district lovely room superior room two blocks loved this hotel single room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here in December 2017, we were very happy ;-), apart from little noisy from corridors.
Great breakfast, definitely a recommendation for all.
The location is also very nice, few steps away from central station, there are some great restaurants close by... One of our all time favorites was Cofoco.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is well located near the centre of Copenhagen and has lots of bars, cafes and restaurants close by. The hotel itself is beautiful inside and has a definite style to it. The staff were all really friendly and helpful throughout.

Although I didn't realise it until afterwards, we got given a room upgrade to a Superior room. Our room was fairly spacious with a beautiful four poster bed, a balcony, mini bar and lots of extras including hand soap, body oil, bamboo toothbrushes, a comb, etc. The bed was super comfy and the room was quiet and overlooked the garden terrace.

The only negatives I did have about our room and the hotel:

- We only had a bath. It was an amazing, huge bath with plenty of hot water, but while it had a shower attachment, there was no way you could have an actual shower which was a bit annoying. Fine for a couple of days, but not ideal.

- While there was a 'mini bar', this was just displayed on the top of the desk, so no fridge. This meant if you did want to have one of the drinks provided, it wasn't chilled.

- The breakfast was very expensive (equal to about £25 each per day) so we didn't even consider it - found a great option down the road at the Bowl Market for much less.

Overall though a really unique, beautiful hotel which had a lot of thought and care put into it and it felt very good quality too. I think the price for the room was very reasonable, but food a bit overpriced. Would recommend it for a stay as not just your average generic hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LittlePix7
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a night. I stayed in room 208 and I really must warn you. This is a very loud place and the noise protection doesn’t work. I slept less than four hours.

I also don’t understand why there is only a buffet breakfast. They are green and want to save the environment. Why shall I pay for all the things that I don’t want. I’m also sure that you throw much more food away with a buffet breakfast than a la carte.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Andreas_H151
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found it very clean and comfortable and a beautifully stylish and cool hotel with lovely little touches like bamboo toothbrushes! Great for couples, super cool chill vibe, staff all lovely. Spa was amazing, really reccomend. Only complaint is it's quite pricey in the bar and the breakfast, although nice, was little steep. Will stay again though!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter and I spent a week in Copenhagen exploring the city and visiting friends. The Axel’s location is perfect, a bit off the beaten path for some quiet away from the bustle, but close enough to everything to be completely convenient.
It’s under a 5 minute walk to the central train station from which we took the clean, frequent trains to Roskilde for the Viking ship museum, Humlbæk for the Louisiana art museum and to Sweden to visit a friend. It’s an always interesting walk to Strøget and there are endless options for coffee and beer and food.
The staff at Axel were delightful. We were zombies when we arrived after an overnight transatlantic flight and the staff let us on our room a bit earlier to rest.
The breakfast buffet was a splurge we treated ourselves to, and the spa was a welcome respite from walking all over the city.
Highly recommended, we hope to return!

Trip type: Traveled with family