Axel Guldsmeden - Guldsmeden Hotels
Saga Hotel(Copenhagen)
Absalon Hotel(Copenhagen)
Scandic Webers(Copenhagen)
1,633 results
All reviewseco hotelorganic cottoncentral stationthe red light districtorganic breakfastfour postersmall balconystrip clubstreet noisemeatpacking districtsitting areathe meat packing districttwo blockstivoli gardenssuperior roomsingle roomvisiting copenhagen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We loved the look and feel of the Axel, very charming and what you'd expect from a botique hotel. We also loved the locale - an easy walk from the train station and in walking distance to several great restaurants and easy enough if you are a walker to get to all the hot attractions.

The only drawback to be aware of is that when it is busy season the standard room typically assigned to singles is offered to couples and it's simply far to small for a couple. Cosy and quite funky even, but just too small, and quite noisy being located about courtyard terrace.

Otherwise a great option.

1  Thank MkerrCanmore_Alberta
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The design was very cozy and it has a homey feel. The only problems we had were cigarette smell kept coming into the room from somewhere and the wifi was not good. Otherwise, it was convenient located from the central station. I still would recommend.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I love this hotel and I strongly recommend it. It is cosy, confortable, healthy breakfast. You feel like you are in a house but with all the confort for working. My third time at this hotel

The receptionnist on the night should help to take the luggage upstairs when you chek in. Above all if it is a woman with 2 luggages, no?

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for three nights in June. Our room had a nice "vibe" with a tasteful "spa-like" decor that was hard to place (Bamboo? Driftwood? South Pacific?), a wall-mounted flat-screen TV and organic towels. The hotel is a short walk to the train station with some restaurants nearby. Although I initially had concerns about the location of the hotel given reports about nearby "adult novelty stores" in the neighborhood and a "strip club", such concerns would seem exaggerated to me if it were not for some negative reports otherwise that still make me wonder. The area seemed safe at the times of day that we were out and this hotel is adjacent to other hotels off a main street. I would second the kudos that the hotel receives about the friendly staff. At the same time, our bathroom was very small and hard to maneuver in for a normal size person. I found that it was easier to step out of the bathroom into the alcove to dry myself off after showering than doing so in the bathroom. I could see some of the issues that others mention about the cleanliness of the grout in the shower and the inability to keep the water in the shower area from spreading to the bathroom floor. Climate control issues as well (related more to the hotel than to global warming).

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Okay - we understand Copenhagen is expensive and we don't mind spending money. But the price-quality rate just doesn't seem right to us. We spend 4 nights in room 224 last week. The rooms are small, especially the bathrooms. And we're all for organic, but we would still like the bathroom to be really clean (fungus between the tiles might be organic, we don't like it).
The beds are good. The breakfast is good. The neighbourhood is not so good - I wouldn't want my wife to walk outside the hotel by herself at night for instance.
The staff is friendly, but seems rather unexperienced. There were 2 fire-alarms (one around midnight, one 9 in the morning): during the first everyone was on the street, during the 2nd no-one responded and I did not see the staff respond to it. There was no further info on the fire-alarms, no apology. Just nothing. I think this was a mistake by the management.
We will be back to Copenhagen, but we really not sure we would book the hotel again. In this pricerange there must be better options.

4  Thank Guido08