1,245 results
All reviewscentral stationtivoli gardenswould stay here againnoise from the streethop on hopexcellent locationbeds were comfortablemin walkcold meatsexpensive cityfamily roomdouble roombreakfast roomtraincerealkettleeurope
Reviewed August 30, 2017

The hotel was a pleasant surprise after we read some bad reviews and were somewhat hesitant about staying there. Our room on the second floor was small and basic ((but good value for the price) but clean and generally quiet despite the fact that it overlooked the garden courtyard and smoking area where voices carry (early in the morning we were subjected to a lengthy conversation). The hotel is conveniently located, being with easy walking distance of the train station, Tivoli Gardens and other places of general interest. Although renovations appear to be ongoing, the general state of the hotel was fine - unlike numerous recent reviews with complaints about the carpets, breakfast etc. The breakfast room was crowded but the staff were friendly and did their best to satisfy guests, and the food perfectly adequate.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor overlooking the garden courtyard is generally very quiet although voices do carry
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

My branch company book for me and 2 suppliers I was with for us. The hotel is very simple and they are doing at the moment some works to renovate. The room I stay was small, windows r not double glass so u hear everything. Breakfast is ok but not so many choices. The hotel is situated in what they call ex red district.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Great location as this is across the road from the main train station. Perfect for when getting the train from the airport straight into the heart of Copenhagen. Rooms were basic, clean and comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff.

I was upgraded to a large room which had 2 medium size beds as well as comfortable bunk beds. Lots of space. Wish i had brought my kids with me.

There's a good friendly restaurant downstairs that serves burgers etc. Try Urban House across the road which also has great burgers and beer, as well as some great Thai and Japanese places less 100m away.

The road looks a little seedy at night the further you go down, as expected so close to the train station.
Go towards the square on the left for some great places to eat and drink with outdoor seating.

Room Tip: Try and get a street view room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank 9NT
Reviewed August 15, 2017

I cannot understand the people who give the Copenhagen Star a poor review (usually on spurious grounds such as 'my room was small'). For a European 3-star hotel it's pretty good.
Sure, the rooms are quite compact, but it represents good value. It's close to the railway station and is on several cross-city bus routes. It's clean, it's efficient and all the staff we encountered in four days were helpful - quite an achievement when we know it was booked out at the time. The breakfast offered is ample. The breakfast room gets very crowded, but that's mostly because people eat later (ie after 9) because most attractions only open at 10. Our only serious complaint at the Copenhagen Star was that smokers make breakfasting in the garden impossible for non-smokers, which is just wrong. Why should they enjoy a monopoly on the garden?
The hotel has rooms that face the street and rooms that face the garden courtyard. On the inside, you can hear noise early in the morning from inconsiderate neighbours (eg emptying their glass recycling) - though the double-glazed windows are quite effective, in summer you'd like to leave them open.
The hotel asks guests to complete a questionnaire, so it's quite keen to spot areas for improvements, I think. It deserves better than some of the nick-picking reviews on this site, I think submitted by people who have no understanding of what else is on offer at the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the garden - noisy neighbours
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

I was concerned about staying here from previous reviews however it was the perfect pit stop for a few nights in Copenhagen. My husband and I stayed here for two nights, the room was small but clean and had all the amenities that we needed. The beds very comfy and rooms quiet so we slept well. The staff were friendly enough and the restaurant we had dinner in one night was very good food for a good price in Copenhagen even if it lacked a little atmosphere.

If your looking for a cheap stop to explore the city this place ticked all the boxes. For the price we couldn't have asked for more- the location was brilliant we walked everywhere we wanted to go and so close to Central Station.

If your looking for a 5* hotel this isn't it but at that price you shouldn't expect it. Copenhagen is expensive if you do your research before you book you'll know this and won't over expect for a perfectly charming little hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple