“Awesome location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #70 of 114 Hotels in Copenhagen
Alfred, Canada
“Awesome location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Before our 7 night Norwegian cruise, we spent 4 night at The Copenhagen Star. We had the most awesome room. Top floor corner room right over the main entrance!! Lots of nighttime entertainment just sitting on the window edge and watching the action down below on the street corner! It is the red light district after all!! Just around the back of central station. Half hour walk to Christiania, which we did more than a few times!!!! Very close to shopping area, bars, restaurants and all the action of that amazing town! Great staff, very clean, large room, inroom wifi (with a few bad connection moments) and very bizarre TV stations! Lol We got the best price around from what we heard of other travellers! I recommend it and would go back! We were there in May 2013.

Room Tip: I loved the top floor over main entrance.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ghislain R
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Ghislain R,

thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location, after all as you say, there is a lot happening in Copenhagen centrum.

I regret that you experienced fall out in the wifi connection, the more are online in house, the less bandwith goes to all, unfortunately. What do you mean by bizarre Tv channels? :-D

You were here right before the high season peak, it seems. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the price for your stay with us.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Management Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Decatur, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great location is an easy walk from the Central Station, just make sure your room isn't located on the street side. Since it is located on the edge of the red light district, late night noises woke us repeatedly through the night. Staff was understanding and helpful about changing rooms for night 2, and it was much better.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street are a must.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dcraigclark,

We appreciate you taking time for a feedback of your recent stay with us.

The downside of our central location, and for any central located hotel for that matter is of course the noise, so I understand that you wanted to move to the quieter backside. I am glad to hear that my colleagues were able to accomodate this request.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the Copenhagen Star for two nights, overall everything was fine, considering the price we got what we expected. However, the shower was very small, the bedroom decor was ordinary, the room wasn't 100% sound proof and they did not have hot food available, but they would let you eat your own food in the foyer. The location was ace, it could not have been easier to move around the city. The staff was friendly enough. The breakfast was okay for the price, but there was no cooked food on offer. We would recommend the place for the location alone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nick_Rafaela,

thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our central location. I do regret that we do not serve hot food in the evening, but it is hard to compete with other restaurants in the city.

The shower size is rather typical for Denmark, that was a part of the cultural shock for me and many of my friends when moving to Denmark :-) I definitely understand that it can be an inconvenience.

We hope that you would consider staying with us, in case you are in Copenhagen again.

Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was staying in Copenhagen Star for a couple of days. If you do not accept too much, you will not be disappointed. :-)
The room which I stayed in was OK, the bathroom & toliet combination was a little bit small even for me. The breakfast is also OK, don't expect anything special.
But the location compensates for all of these.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Jaffa_HU,

thank you very much for taking time for a review of your recent stay with us.

Our rooms are indeed simple, and the bathrooms vary a lot in sizes. Unfortunately it is a rather danish standard that they are on the smaller side. Some even joke with that you ´shower on the toilet´ in some apartments in older buildings.

We are glad to hear though that the location was an essential parameter for you.

Köszönettel,

Istanbul, Turkey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Location is good , very close to central station. Rooms are clean but very primitive with no refrigirator or safebox. Reception staff is not answering your concierge related questions and not able to guide you through the city. With their guidance you can find your self in front of a closed museum or not operating restaurant.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TMERIC
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear TMERIC,

thank you for your review of Copenhagen Star Hotel.

We are glad to hear that your were satisfied with our cleanliness and location.

Instead of primitive I would use the word simple to describe our rooms. We have the essentials, a comfortable bed with pillows and duvet, a closet to hang the clothes in and a desk with a chair.

We do not advertise that we have fridges or safety deposit boxes in the rooms. The safety deposit boxes are located in the lobby, like in our sister hotel.

Our staff is quite competent in giving excellent guidance about the city, restaurants and sights, but I can imagine that at times when they are busy checking other guests in it can be hard to get a hold of someone to answer sightseeing related questions. I am sorry to hear we could not be of sufficient help to you.

Management Assistant

Travelers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

The greatest strength of this hotel is its location. Come out of copenhagen central station, turn left, you will see the cycle park. Go down the stairs into the road, few yards left and turn right into a larger street, you cannot miss the signboard.
Few minutes walk from city hall and tivoli gardens. Good breakfast, clean rooms and free wi fi. Staff were good and helpful. Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear ddna,

thank you very much for your lovely comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the location and other aspects of your stay.

There is an even easier way to get to the street the hotel is located on, the left side exit (towards Rewentlowsgade) of the station building leads you down to where the stairs you mention lead, so you dont have to go all around the building :-)

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I found the hotel to be clean, adequate and a great location around the corner from the central train station, as long as you turn right on leaving. However, if you turn left out of this hotel you are on a street full of sex shops and strip clubs, with gangs hanging around. In addition, the young male receptionist we met on arrival was the rudest person I have ever come across. Very cold and sarcastic. Limited facilities and small area for breakfast, but there was a great selection and breakfast staff were friendly and kept things topped up. Overall, very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Valleygirl79
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Valleygirl79,

let me apologize on behalf of my colleague for the inconvenience of his behaviour. I forwarded your comments to the management who will take necesarry actions.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location close to the central station and cleanliness of your allocated room.

The streets around the hotel could seem a bit shady, but as i earlier explained in my comments there has been a huge investment (by the police) in cleaning this area up. Of course this doesn´t make your experience invalid, but there are far worse things than sex shops in a neighborhood in my opinion.