“Very Ordinary Hotel”

Good Morning Copenhagen Star
Ranked #62 of 119 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Location is good , very close to central station. Rooms are clean but very primitive with no refrigirator or safebox. Reception staff is not answering your concierge related questions and not able to guide you through the city. With their guidance you can find your self in front of a closed museum or not operating restaurant.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TMERIC
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Good Morning Copenhagen Star, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear TMERIC,

thank you for your review of Copenhagen Star Hotel.

We are glad to hear that your were satisfied with our cleanliness and location.

Instead of primitive I would use the word simple to describe our rooms. We have the essentials, a comfortable bed with pillows and duvet, a closet to hang the clothes in and a desk with a chair.

We do not advertise that we have fridges or safety deposit boxes in the rooms. The safety deposit boxes are located in the lobby, like in our sister hotel.

Our staff is quite competent in giving excellent guidance about the city, restaurants and sights, but I can imagine that at times when they are busy checking other guests in it can be hard to get a hold of someone to answer sightseeing related questions. I am sorry to hear we could not be of sufficient help to you.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Management Assistant

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed May 16, 2014

The greatest strength of this hotel is its location. Come out of copenhagen central station, turn left, you will see the cycle park. Go down the stairs into the road, few yards left and turn right into a larger street, you cannot miss the signboard.
Few minutes walk from city hall and tivoli gardens. Good breakfast, clean rooms and free wi fi. Staff were good and helpful. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Good Morning Copenhagen Star, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear ddna,

thank you very much for your lovely comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the location and other aspects of your stay.

There is an even easier way to get to the street the hotel is located on, the left side exit (towards Rewentlowsgade) of the station building leads you down to where the stairs you mention lead, so you dont have to go all around the building :-)

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I found the hotel to be clean, adequate and a great location around the corner from the central train station, as long as you turn right on leaving. However, if you turn left out of this hotel you are on a street full of sex shops and strip clubs, with gangs hanging around. In addition, the young male receptionist we met on arrival was the rudest person I have ever come across. Very cold and sarcastic. Limited facilities and small area for breakfast, but there was a great selection and breakfast staff were friendly and kept things topped up. Overall, very disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Valleygirl79
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Good Morning Copenhagen Star, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Valleygirl79,

let me apologize on behalf of my colleague for the inconvenience of his behaviour. I forwarded your comments to the management who will take necesarry actions.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location close to the central station and cleanliness of your allocated room.

The streets around the hotel could seem a bit shady, but as i earlier explained in my comments there has been a huge investment (by the police) in cleaning this area up. Of course this doesn´t make your experience invalid, but there are far worse things than sex shops in a neighborhood in my opinion.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Its location is superb-next to Central Station. It is reasonably priced. The rooms are very clean and modern. Computer access and free Wi-Fi are included. The TVs have English channels-essential if you are a TV addict like me. The staff are very helpful with queries and advice and speak great English. There is a pleasant restaurant if you want breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve D

Dear Steve D,

thank you for your feedback, we appreciate that you took time to tell us what you liked about your stay with us. It seems like everything was in order and you are satisfied with our central location.

We could not wish for more than a happy guest :-)

Have a lovely weekend!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

First off this hotel is safe and I would stay here again because I believe it is one of the best values considering the location and room quality. However, our last light we walked a few blocks in the direction going away from the train station looking for a restaurant and it quickly became not family friendly. Nothing was overt (no people in windows etc. its not Amsterdam), but the streets were lined with sex shops and strip clubs. We later found out there has been a huge push to clean up this area, and in many ways you can see success. I would not have known that if I didn't walk that way.

Other things you should know:
Parking is pay the meter on the street which can be expensive depending on the times you are there. Very limited facilities ( staffed desk, small breakfast area that was closed during our stay, fridge with beer you could purchase, area with couches and TV's), Rooms were adequate with limited but tasteful decorations.

Tips: Don't buy breakfast, there are a lot of pastery shops nearby making the same thing

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank New_Speranza
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Good Morning Copenhagen Star, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Niteowl901,

thank you so much for your review of Copenhagen Star Hotel.

It is truly refreshing and lovely to read your review, because you describe the hotel and surroundings exactly as they are. Many would just go ahead and say: it´s the red light district. No it is not and all the hotels in the area are working close together with the police and the city to make the area more attractive and ´clean it up´.

The past years efforts are clearly visible, but maybe more for us who see it everyday. As you say, for restaurants I would definitely go another way, up to Verterbrogade or to Nyhavn maybe :-)

The hotel has an arrangement with a nearby parking facility, there is a lot of money to be saved on that. Did my colleagues not mention that at check - in?

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Close to central train station as long as you come out of the side oposite the tivoli gardens. Plenty of good restaurants at a resonable price and just a 10 minute walk into the city centre. Breakfast was busy but there was plenty of variety of food and they replenished the breakfast bar when required.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear mkkk64,

thank you for taking time for a review of your stay with us.

Copenhagen Star Hotel is indeed well located, something our guests and we are glad for :-)

Great to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay in Copenhagen at this hotel. Very close to the Central Station which made it really easy travelling to and from the airport, and for our day trip Around the Sound to Helsingboro, Helsingborg and Malmo. It's also really close to the main attraction Tivoli gardens, as well as the main stop for all the sightseeing buses. There is also a 7/11 across the street and a brilliant bakery selling fabulous sandwiches and cakes!

Our hotel room was bright and clean, with really comfortable beds and was quiet despite overlooking the street. The en suite was ok - but was small and you could smell drains a lot of the time.

Our booking included breakfast - there was an excellent selection so it was well worth it considering prices in Copenhagen. However, our experiences of the breakfast staff were not great. They were very rude and unhelpful which starts your day off on a sour note. It was also in stark contrast to the friendly receptionists, who were lovely. Such a shame as the hotel in every other aspect was great.

If I was to return to Copenhagen, I would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear alydavies,

thank you for your review of Copenhagen Star Hotel.

It is great to hear that you had a good time staying with us and that most of the aspects of your stay were satisfactory.

I am truly sorry to hear that the breakfast staff did not behave properly, we would highly appreciate if you could give us some more information about the date of your stay and also the room numer please so we could address the drain problem too.

We are sorry for the inconveniences you suffered under your stay with us, we truly hope that this does not overshadow the good aspects of your stay!

You can get back to me with more details on the following email address: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Thank you very much in advance!