“Great Value and Location”

Good Morning Copenhagen Star
Ranked #64 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed October 24, 2013

i stayed for one night in this hotel, the rooms are very small but its good and clean, stuff are very helpful, breakfast is nice and its less than 2 minutes from the central train station, i enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank dodz406
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Good Morning Copenhagen Star, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear dodz406,

thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to read that you were satisfied with our location and services.

Our rooms are a bit different from each other, some are slightly bigger than others.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Management Assistant

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Walk out the central train station and you are one block away, if you are directed to the proper exit.If you exit the main of the station you have several blocks to get back to hotel. Rooms are small but clean. Staff wonderful and helpful. Centrally located for walking to many city sites. Breakfast nice. Walking distance to hop on hop off buses, please take time to find out which one runs more frequently.hop on hop off much better than step on step off in this city,but not in Norway.Hop on Hop off bus also takes you very close to cruise terminal here, step on step off is farther away. We had tickets to step on step off:(

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mamakeib

Dear mamakeib,

thank you for making time for a review of your recent stay with us at Copenhagen Star Hotel.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Copenhagen.

The hotel is indeed close to the central station, as you name it one has to take the left side exit, when coming up on the escalators from the traintracks, otherwise one has to go all around the station when exiting through the main entrance.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Overall good hotel for a decent price, room was quiet and simpel, but the bathroom really small. its true that the hotel is located close to the few night clubs and the re are girls on the street with some strange guys, but nothing to be worry about,we were perfectly safe. The receptionist was very helpful and proffesional. Hotel is close to city centre, with a free wi-fi

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunnyFilly
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Good Morning Copenhagen Star, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear SunnyFilly,

thank you for making time for a review of Copenhagen Star Hotel.

We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay with us.

The two buildings the hotel consists of are old, therefore it was a bit challenging to create the rooms. Therefore some of them are smaller, others are bigger, and the same applies to the bathrooms. In general danish bathrooms are rather small, unfortunately.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Literally a minutes walk from Copenhagen train station and so central for all the sights of the city. Friendly welcome at reception. Your hotel swipe card is used after hours to enter the hotel and also to work the lifts. Our room was compact but clean,comfortable and ample for our 4 night stay. The buffet continental breakfast plentiful and kept well topped up by the staff. Water from the shower tended to run toward the wc however we just put our towels down and housekeeping replaced them daily when they cleaned the room. We used the locked luggage room as our flight was early evening so that allowed us to tour the city.
The staff were friendly and helpful and we would not hesitate to use the hotel again when we are next in Copenhagen. Maybe next time i'll take a travel kettle as I missed that in the room.

Room Tip: I noticed from the fire floor plan that all the odd numbers were faced onto the street but as we wer...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank esfalkirk

Dear eslaFalkirk,

thank you for making time for a review of your recent stay with us.

It is truly great to read your praising words, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are planning on offering kettles on request, this is an ongoing project right now, should be implemented in about a month or so.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Excellent location if traveling by train. It was pouring rain when we arrived so we were thankful for the very short walk to the Star Hotel. The lobby is also a lounge/bar, very casual and it was packed with tourist waiting for the rain to lighten up before heading to the train station. We were given a free drink at check in, I think because we booked on-line. The room was clean and very simple but sparsely furnished. Quite satisfying as we were in Copenhagen for just over night. Our luggage was delayed due to a missed connection and the front desk politely called us at midnight to tell us it have arrived ;)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Good Morning Copenhagen Star, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear bfschill,

thank you for making time to review your recent stay with us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

You received the free drink because you have booked on the hotels own website, great to hear that you liked this feature.

Have a lovely weekend!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was in Copenhagen for my nephew's wedding. The hotel was a few minutes walk from the train station which was very convenient as we were only there for a few days. I stayed with my sister, two nieces, brother in law and cousin (4 rooms in all). The hotel was clean but the rooms were very small with twin beds and a tiny bathroom. Wifi was advertised as available but I could only access it in the lobby. The staff were all very friendly except for one male receptionist who seemed to consider every question as a waste of his time. The staff at breakfast were wonderful;friendly and very accomodating; in addition, breakfast was plentiful, healthy and delicious.
The location, price and breakfast were the best features while the size of the rooms and lack of room Wifi not so good. A good basic central hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KatieB25

Dear KatieB25,

thank you for making time for a review of your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you had a good stay with us and enjoyed our excellent location and breakfast buffet.

Let me apologize on behalf of my colleague for not giving his best, there is no excuse for such behaviour.

As mentioned in many earlier comments, the rooms are different in size (even in the same room category), due to the way the two buildings are built, therefore some rooms are more spacious, and some a bit smaller, which is rather a standard for Copenhagen city center hotels due to the old buildings.

Have a lovely weekend!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a cruise leaving from Copenhagen and flew in a day early. We were looking for a relatively inexpensive (less than $150) hotel, close to Central Station and the city center. The Star Hotel met all the criteria. It is less than a block walking from the Station, close to public transportation, although we walked most places, the staff was very helpful, the room was clean and the breakfast was plentiful. We got there early, but the room was ready. They had a locked room to store our luggage the next day while we toured some more before leaving for the cruise. The room was very small but certainly adequate for our needs. The free WiFi is spotty in the rooms. We certainly recommend the Star Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DaveandMillie
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Good Morning Copenhagen Star, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Dave and Millie,

Thank you for making time for a review of Copenhagen Star Hotel.

We appreciate you telling us what you like about your stay with us.

Please accept our apologies for the problems with the wifi network, we just doubled our speed up to 200 mbit, so that should provide better service now.