“Really nice tourist hotel. Central means - central!”

Copenhagen Star Hotel
Ranked #68 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Really nice and clean tourist hotel right next to the railway station with it's non-stop airport connections.
Lively 'red-light' like nabourhood.
But no noise at the hotel.
Fast wifi.
I paid DKK 700 including an OK breakfast. I consider that to be good value.
Will probably be back

• Stayed: September 2013
Eszter_Szucs, management assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Jens D,

Thank you for making the time to give us your comments.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our wifi connection is even faster now, we upgraded it to 200 mbit from 100 mbit. We are looking forward to welcome you back, should your plans take you to Copenhagen.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Tiny corridors, old rooms with weird furniture. The bathroom was so small and claustrophobic that I had to shower with the door open and they had plastic curtains on the showers that glued on me while I was showering (yuck) and the towels were so little.

Well, I tried to save money, but I thought it would be better. The location is ok though it's far from where things really happen and at least the place was clean.

The staff only gave really weird food suggestions around the area.

Resuming, I wished I had spent a bit more to stay more comfortably .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear MPaolucci,

Thank you for taking the time for a review of Copenhagen Star Hotel.

The hotel building is not new, so the corridors can seem a bit narrow compared to newer buildings, that is for sure.

The bathrooms are all different placed and different sizes in our rooms, which is rather typical for danish bathróoms in general, but I see your point. However without the shower curtain the water would splash everywhere, so you surely see the use of that. I admit myself it is not a pleasant feeling when it stucks to one when under the shower.

I am sorry that our location was not satisfying, many customers choose us due to our good location, being next to the central station and in the city center.

All in all let me extend our apologies from the entire team for not exceeding your expectations, but we hope you enjoyed Copenhagen!

Have a lovely day!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The room is ok, a log of space and offer all you need. I had a good experience.
The customer service is the best of the hotel. The guys are there to help you and orient you and gives you adviceds of the places you want to meet.

Room Tip: Behind the central station so its very good located. Always pick a hotel close to the transportation...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Alek747alek,

thank you for taking the time to review Copenhagen Star Hotel.

It is truly lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Location was good, right next to the Central Station (where Tivoli is). For the price you pay, you really can't expect anything much. Room was old and tiny. Breakfast selection is very limited. On one of the days, our room was not cleaned. We did not have any clean towels. Called housekeeping for new ones, and they asked us to retrieve it ourselves from the lobby. No apologies were given at all. They made us feel like it is our fault we needed new towels. One of the towels given were actually a floor mat, even though we specifically asked towels for shower.

Would recommend this only if you are looking for a cheap stay in a good location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vlubob
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear veronlu,

Thank you for taking the time for a review of the hotel.

Let me extend my apologies from our entire team for not exceeding your expectations during your stay.

I am sorry to hear that your room was not serviced one of the days, did you make sure to remove the don´t disturb sign from your door handle?

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Budget, but clean and comfortable Excellent breakfast friendly and efficient staff.

Budget, but clean and comfortable. Central and handy for railway station. Excellent breakfast, and friendly and efficient staff.

buy

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Margaret H,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback here.

We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay at the hotel.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel is situated at a very strategic location. Just 1 block from the train station and within 5 minutes walk, you can reach the meat packing district of Copenhagen that is Kodbyen where you can find great restaurants and bars. Also within 5 minutes walk you can reach Tivoli and other tourist locations. But the hotel is old, worn out. Room wise is clean. Bathroom is adequate. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is good. It is good for short stay or for solo and budget travelers. Definitely not for romantic experience with your loved one. The price is a bit pricey considering the facilities of this hotel. But the location beats it all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank PoohlingE
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear PoohlingE,

thank you taking the time to write us a review here.

We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with our location, it is indeed practial to many who want to be close to good restaurants, the central station and shopping possibilities.

Unfortunately Denmark is an expensive country to travel in, especially the capital. Also in high season the room prices can go up very quickly due to high demand.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We used this hotel the day before and day after a cruise. On arrival day, after 13 hours of travel (including flights and layovers), we arrived at 6:30am local time. Check-in was at 3pm. We left our luggage in their luggage room and wandered like two zombies around Copenhagen most of the morning. CONSIDER YOUR FLIGHT PLANS! Everyone at the hotel was very pleasant and accommodating, especially the front desk. The front desk gave us our room at 1pm and we crashed. Our rooms were well worn and, as in other reviews, the bathroom was tiny but adequate. Our room before the cruise was cool and quiet. The room after the cruise was hot. We opened the windows for the cooler air, but it was very noisy outside. There appeared to be no A/C in this room. We ended up moving to another room when our toilet stopped working (the front desk gave us a couple of drinks at the bar for our troubles). The front desk also recommended a great restaurant that was a short walk from the hotel. The buffet breakfast was good with many choices and the coffee was very good. If you'd just like a continental breakfast, the train station is just a quick walk away and has a couple of good options for coffee and a pastry. Our post cruise day was spent wandering about the city, seeing many interesting sights and capturing many great photos.

Room Tip: The rooms that are on the same side of the building as the front desk face the sun in the afternoon...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JR2010_10
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear JR2010_10,

thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review!

Unfortunately early check in is always subject to availability, especially in high season, I am sorry you had to wait for your room.

Sorry to hear about the bathroom issues you experienced under your stay with us, however I am glad to hear that you found my colleagues accomodating in the matter.

We hope that you have some nice memories from you trip and visit to Copenhagen!

Have a lovely day!