“Location good but plenty of noise”

Copenhagen Plaza Hotel
Ranked #44 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The rooms ares spacious and comfortable, but the bathroom should have been scrubbed more thoroughly. Noise from the corridor and other rooms as well as the rumble of the railway is somewhat disturbing. The Library Bar is fabulous. The hotel could not provide us a taxi at all; the one they ordered never csme and the staff told us to get out and fetch one in the street. Never again.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Hannu H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed here for Eurovision in May for 5 nights and left thoroughly pleased with our stay.

The hotel is centrally located next to the train station and we were on the top floor with a superb view overlooking Tivoli. Our room was a good size with mini bar (no in room kettle) and a clean, classic styled bathroom. Although some may find the hotel dated, to us it was full of history and charm and made a change from all the standard chain hotels. Free wifi was provided throughout which we experienced no problems with and the breakfast was the usual choice of hot and cold.

The staff can not be thanked enough for all their help during our stay. From allowing us to have our tickets sent direct to the hotel and holding on to them until we arrived, to having our bathroom fixed immediately after experiencing problems with our shower on day one. It was greatly appreciated and made us as guests feel very welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andew G
Reviewed June 5, 2014

A regular stop-over for me in Copenhagen. Central located traditional and comfortable old fashioned hotel best suited to those who like to enjoy the more traditional style of life. Central station (quick to airport) and next to Tivoli for a unique experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in April 2014. Read the history of this hotel to understand why it is full of character. From the elevator, to the names on the posts at the lobby, and especially The Bar. The breakfast was good, not great. Wifi was good all over. The room was dated, especially the bathroom. Suggestion: Spend a little more to get a room with a balcony facing the street. Right across is the Tivoli Garden and Amusement Park. Plus Hard Rock Cafe on the left, and the Copenhagen Bakery on the right. The train station that is right beside the hotel looks like a palace ! We would have enjoyed The Bar some more if not for the astronomical drink prices. Maybe it would be a good idea for them to offer "Happy Hour" prices.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sylzamo
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel is a winning combination of the charming and traditional (the lovely library bar where I went to read or work every night) and the thoughtfully updated (spotless, modern bathrooms in the rooms). I loved my top-floor room with its eaves and view -- it was so cozy and economically put together, I wished I could model my bedroom at home after it! There was a small fitness center, which I greatly appreciated. And the staff were helpful in recommending walks and restaurants. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 6th floor (room 616) which I LOVED because it had windows with eaves looking out...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here and at the Scandic Palace. The rooms here are better and the bar is very nice and old style looking. Although they have fewer of the nice rooms. May want to check ahead. I prefer the breakfast and location of the Scandic though. Unless you need to be by the trains. The coffee machine was broke which was a bummer. They offered to let me buy my own at the barista next door = $$$$. But I love the bar.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel is not brand new but has a lot of personality. I like the spacious rooms. Great service and loaction. The lobby bar is also great. I have stayed in this hotel many times. My favorite in Copenhagen.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Travelers also viewed these Copenhagen hotels
Inner Vesterbro
#10 of 117 in Copenhagen
Ibsens Hotel
Ibsens Hotel
#15 of 117 in Copenhagen

Been to Copenhagen Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Copenhagen Plaza Hotel

Address: Bernstorffsgade 4, Copenhagen 1577, Denmark (Formerly ProfilHotels Copenhagen Plaza)
Location: Denmark > Zealand > Copenhagen > Inner Vesterbro , Vesterbro - Kongens Enghave
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service
#25 Luxury Hotel in Copenhagen
Price Range: $133 - $335 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Copenhagen Plaza Hotel 4*
Traditional Club-like Hotel with classic, grand-hotel ambiance, built by King Frederik VIII. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Copenhagen Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Copenhagen Plaza Hotel Copenhagen