Copenhagen Plaza Hotel
Copenhagen Island Hotel(Copenhagen)
$209
$197
  • Restaurant
Hotel Sct. Thomas(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
$118
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
First Hotel Mayfair(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
$150
Scandic Sluseholmen(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
$197
$176
1,302 results
All reviewslibrary barglass elevatortrain stationtivoli gardensgreat locationopposite tivolibit datedtop floorcentral locationroom facingthird floormini barbreakfast buffetmain stationcity breakyogurtmodern hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I visited CPH briefly for a seminar and stayed at Plaza. Initially I walked to the wrong hotel, because my association from the name was that it is a modern business hotel - which Plaza definately is not.

The pluses and positive surprises where the very nice interiors, especially the Library Bar which is really exceptional. This hotel definately has the kind of old world charm that makes you prefer to stay there instead of modern hotels.

On the negative side, my single room was very very small, the drain did not work in the bathroom and there was no properly warm water from the faucet. I was too preoccupied with other things to start complaining. Breakfast was standard Scandinavian breakfast buffet, which was very nice. Unfortunately, the breakfast room was quite crowded both mornings which did not make having breakfast a very pleasant experience. The staff were friendly but in my opinion not very forthcoming. So, all-in-all not a great service experience.

Room Tip: If you expect some comfort from your room, avoid the basic single rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I really enjoy my stay in this hotel.The staff was very friendly, the rooms clean etc. I think for the amount of money you spent there in a quite expensive city as it is Copenhagen it is well worth it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Since I relied heavily on tripadviser reviews for selecting hotels during my recent trip, it's only fair that I return the favor because the reviews were spot on. The location of the Copenhagen Plaza hotel is outstanding (next door to Copenhagen Central train station), great service, excellent breakfast, small, clean gym, and the library bar is very cool.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I didn't actually book this hotel, I was upgraded to it from the 2-star Hotel Richmond 10 minutes away as they were fully booked.

As a result the staff were very friendly and promised me a great room to apologise for the inconvenience. This included a bedroom and lounge area with small balconies looking towards the Tivoli park (not a great view!). Wardrobes along one wall and a standard en suite with bath and seperate shower.

It's an old hotel and the rooms seem quite old too but they are clean and perfectly adequate. Shower is great. Brand new LCD TV if that's your thing.

Location is excellent being right next to the central train station and easy walk to all the shops and restaurants.

Breakfast was typical European with selection of hot or cold food. We turned up at 10am (it finishes at 10:30am) and had to clear a table of someone else earlier breakfast to make space for ourselves which wasn't great but that's the only complaint.

Also a great glass lift to all floors that must be at least 50 years old. It did randomly stop at the wrong floor one evening and wouldn't let us out for 60 seconds which was slightly worrying but adds to the excitement i guess.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2012

The room is spacious and has a big window overlooking the main train station. Though the location is very close to the station, I slept well and did not hear anything from outside. When we checked in, I found out that the bath foam in the bottle is half empty, maybe the housekeeping forgot to replace with the new one. There was no coffee/tea/glass/boiling kettle in the room, but we could borrow from the restaurant. The breakfast is not bad. The free wifi connection is an advantage. There is only 1 English Channel in the TV.
And here came the problem...during my stay, I always kept our wallet with the money in the safe deposit box. I only brought my credit card. On my last day I took out my wallet and put it in my bag and leave it in the room for 30-40 minutes breakfast, thought it would be safe (4 star hotel in a very safe country!). When I came back to my room, I met a housekeeping in the corridor asking me if I'm still gonna stay or check out that day because she has knocked the room couple of times to make up the room she said. I told her that we would check out in one more hour. After that I accidentally checked my wallet and realized that I lost EUR 50! I'm so sure about this because I did not bring much money, only EUR 120 and now was only EUR 70, and the money position was changed. I was so upset because it never happened before, even when I travelled alone to some more "dangerous" cities such as Naples, Palermo, and what made me more upset is that I lost my money in the hotel's room! I went out from my room and met the same housekeeping and asked her if anybody entered my room before because I lost EUR 50. She felt offended and said she's been working there for 5 years and would never take money she said. I just told her that I would report this to the manager and she got very panic and when I went down to see the manager in the reception, I found out this housekeeping followed me to see whether I talk to the manager or not. I told the manager and the manager was surprised and asked me to come to my room to hear the details. He said he would investigate and talk to the housekeeping manager first. When I checked out one hour later, the reception staff said that they will contact me again via email about this issue, but until now there is no response at all. Lesson learnt, be extra careful with your belonging, never leave your money and valuable items in the room, put them in the safe deposit box!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends