“Perfect location”

Ranked #55 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Hyderabad, India
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights last week. The hotel is very well located in Copenhagen. Just 7-8 minutes walk from the central station. The train ride from the Airport to Central Station was just 36 DKK one way and 50% for children under 16 years of age. Room was quite nice wit a tea coffee maker and of a good size Right opposite the hotel is also the metro station. Seven Eleven and other restaurants are just round the corner at a 2-4 minutes walk. The hotel also served good American Buffet Breakfast. The Hotel has free WiFi access in rooms as well as a internet PC at the reception which can be used free of charge. Within 4-8 minutes walk is the popular Tivoli Gardens Amusement park with some of the most amazing daring rides, the planetarium and best of all the most helpful Tourist Center to buy tickets or to get information on any sights and how to get there. Also just a KM away 15-20 minutes walk is the canal cruise Boat sightseeing point to an amazing 45 minutes boat ride to see the sights of Copenhagen. The main pedestrian shopping area starts at just 6-8 minutes walk from the hotel where you can find the Town Hall, Ripley's believe it or not Museum as well as the Guinness museum of Records etc. The Zoo and the Rosenberg Castle are just a comfortable 10 - 15 minutes ride buy Bus just around the hotel and Tourist Center. Best way to do Copenhagen is to buy a 2-3 days Copenhagen card which gives you entry and access to most sights free of charge. English is spoken and understood by almost all the locals. The staff at the hotel were very nice and helpful and always looked up and smiled if you passed by.

Room Tip: Rooms with large window opening onto the main road are good and bright. The metro trains noise did n...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Sanjay S
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Sanjay S,

thank you for providing us with your review of BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel.

It seems you got a lot out of our good location in the city center :-)

We are glad to hear that everything was in place and everything functioned under your stay with us.
I make sure to pass your comment on to my colleagues at the reception.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Management Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

This hotel offers good location, value for the money and staff. This place is located near many city attractions including Tivoli Gardens and within minutes on main train station, and across the way there is a metro stop, which brings me to the next point. If you are a light sleeper, you are better off with a room in the back, which I got. The rooms were neat and there were plenty options to choose from at breakfast buffet. The staff were very helpful at all times. They answered all of the questions regarding transportation, sightseeing and where to eat at reasonable cost. We were very satisfied to have stayed here. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Blanca F,

we appreciate you telling us what you liked about your stay in Copenhagen at BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel. It is always delightful to hear that everything was in order and that you enjoyed our services.

Our aim is to have happy and satisfied guests, so I am glad that we achieved that in your case :-)

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

we stayed only one night during the weekend (Friday night), and even though our room was facing the street (on the 4th floor) we could barely hear any noise (being a light sleeper, I was a bit afraid of that by hearing other reviews, Seriously, I did not even notice I was next to a train station!).

The location was perfect and the value was good for Copenhagen.

The receptionist was nice and helpful. We did not dine at the hotel so I cannot give feedback on that.

The room was clean and spacious enough. I would have given a higher rating if the bathroom did not smell REALLY bad (it felt like someone just used it for the whole time...we tried with open doors to ventilate it a bit, but nothing worked). Also, we could not figure out how to turn on the light of the bathroom only, so when I went there during the night I had to turn on all lights in the room ;)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear silviola86,

thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

It is lovely to hear that you were not bothered by the traffic, it shows how well the windows are isolated :-)

We are sorry for the inconvenience with the bathroom smell, we experienced some issues with the piping, and this issue is being addressed by the maintenance team. It´s a process that takes a while in a hotel with 119 rooms.

The bathroom lights have a separate switch, so you don´t have to turn all the lights on, so I really don´t know what could have happened in your room. Maybe you could get back to me with a room number, so we could have a look at it? Also it would be helpful with regards to the smell you mentioned.

Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in March. The Vesterport train station is across the street and Central station is 5 minutes away. It was close enough to walk to many places in CPH - museums, the lakes, Stroget, Round Tower. Our rooms faced the street and there was some slight street noise but I preferred that over the view from the rooms in the back (you face other buildings and overlook a tennis court). The breakfast was great - plenty of pastries, breads, fruits, juices, and hot/cold items. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the TV had enough channels to select from. The staff was very helpful with directions and accommodating our early check-in (at 10am). WiFi worked great and our room rate was very reasonable compared to other CPH hotels(prepaid online). Two grocery stores are 2 minutes away for any drinks/snacks. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors in the front if you like to see a view of the city and see what is going on in the str...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Dave S,

we are delighted to hear that everything was to your liking when staying with us.

Our windows are double glazed, so the noise is very minimal as you say, and I personally agree, it is a bit more exciting to have a view over this lovely city than the backyard.

Thank you for you kind words and your time and don´t hesitate to contact us in case of a future visit :-)

Coimbatore, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

I booked it because I was on a budget.. It was decent enought for a 2 night stay.. Ambience was nothing great, old lifts.. in short, pretty old building.. But still Value for money.. Best part was the location. WiFI was useful too..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Praz666
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Praz666,

we appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us.
It is good to hear that you were satisfied with our location and services.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

It is a Centrally located hotel near the Central Station. The Metro is just on the other side of the Road. The City Hall and the Tivoly Park is within vicinity There are opportunities to stroll are good opportunity to stroll by the lake behind the hotel in 2 minutes walk. The rooms are reasonable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jalal61,

thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

The hotels location is indeed a big plus, we are happy to hear that you felt the same way too.

Southport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed in the Best Western for four days on a return trip to Copenhagen.
The location is good as it is central without being really busy. The metro is just across the road and the main station a 5 minute stroll away.
The hotel itself was OK.
Pros - Buffet breakfast was always topped up well
Location
Staff were very helpful
Room was quite large for the price with a sofa / table area

Cons - Construction work underway
No safe in the room, there were a very limited number in the lobby
Quite noisy in the afternoon, I think there is a music academy next door?

I would stay again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John C
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear johnnyc40,

thank you for making time for a review of your recent stay with us.

We are truly delighted to hear that you enjoyed what BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel had to offer you. I make sure to pass you feedback to my colleagues at the front desk and restaurant.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by music and construction, we are about to get finished with our 10 new luxury rooms on the first floor, if you like the good space on your stay, make sure to check these out the next time your plans bring you to Copenhagen!

The music originates from Bremen theater (right behind us- the two buildings share a cellar), where they have concerts and some tv shows here in the city. They are working on better isolation, due to us pressuring them to do so, because at times it can be quite inconvenient with the noise.

We hope to see you again sometime!