“Good location, narrow beds”

Copenhagen Mercur Hotel
Ranked #56 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Riihimaki, Finland
“Good location, narrow beds”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at the hotel one night at business trip. Coming to hotel was bit od, we felt like disturbing the guy in reception. And if guy for some reason thought we were odd, in customer service you should keep calm and not start talking to customer like he´s a kid. Rooms were very basic, but OK for sleeping. Only if beds would have not been so narrow! I had difficiulties when changing position and my smaller co-travellers told the same. Breakfast was good, hot chocolate and selection of bread etc. were available. Lady taking care of cleaning was very friendly, but she probably was not Danish.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Nefer075,

thank you for making time to tell us what we are doing right and what could be improved.

Let me apologize on behalf of the entire team for the inconvenience you experienced at the reception. I am sure that my colleague did not meant to be rude or chastizing.

Our beds are a standard width of 90 cm, we are sorry to hear that this didn´t live up to your expectations. In case you would like bigger beds, there is a possibility to book double rooms for single use.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

Our team at the hotel is very multicultural, there are of course a great deal danish employees and we have colleagues from all around the world.

We all thrive to provide the best service at all times, regardless from where we come from.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Management Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

The good news is the location. It's right in the middle of the city, close enough but far enough away (if that makes sense).

The rooms are small and mine didn't have a bath. The room was also at the rear of the hotel and was overlooked, so the curtains were mostly shut!

I didn't eat dinner at the hotel, but the breakfast was decent enough.

The wi-fi signal was not great in the room.

There are also no safes in the rooms, they are located in reception.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear PDJDx3,

thank you for making time for a review of BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location in the city center.

The rooms are a bit different from each other, some have slightly smaller bathrooms than others, therefore in some there is space for a bathtub and in other we only have a shower.

We are sorry for the inconvenience of the weak signal, this should be fixed by our recent upgrade from 100 mbit to 200mbit fiber internet connection.

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here three days prior to a Baltic cruise. Our room was tired looking; however, clean. The shower drain was plugged and the staff fixed it after we reported the problem. The staff was excellent and so was the breakfast that was included.

The hop-on-hop-off bus was only a couple of blocks away across from the train station.

The Tivolli was also close by as well as some beautiful parks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PamGurdHughes,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback here, it is essential to our business to know what is done right and what could be done better.

We are sorry for not exceeding your expectations, when problems arise we thrive to be as quick as possible at solving the issue.

We are delighted to hear that you found our staff excellent!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel over two weekends. Great location, we could walk to and from the station with luggage and also into the old city centre. Staff were friendly. It was great to have a lift for suitcases. Free Wi-Fi. Public transport was close by, although we didn't use it.

Room Tip: We had a room on the tennis court side which was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Debben2013,

thank you for providing us with your review of BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel here.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our proximity to the city center and our services.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Danish design in a Best Western is a good combination. The room for 3 adults was decent. Funny configuration of the cabinets though. If you put your luggage in between the cabinets you actually couldnt open them. Strange but a slight inconvenience. Breakfast was basic. We paid additional for breakfast but if you just need coffee and a pastry many choices near the hotel. Its a 10-15 minute walk from the station although its thru cobble stone so beware. 10 minute walk into city center and if you have subway pass the station is across the hotel. Although subway system in Copenhagen is not yet tourist friendly so you have to walk to the sites from the station rather than get out of the station and voila there is everything.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear busytraveller5659,

thank you for making time to review BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel here.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The S-trains (as you name them, subway) has a way better network than the metro in Copenhagen.

Being a very old city , the stations are of course about a 5-10 minutes walk from some of the major sights here. But tour buses take visitors closer to the attractions.

Sorry to hear about the cabinets in the rooms, we´ll have a look into this.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a really well located hotel in Copenhagen City Centre. There is an "S" line station across the road which we used to take a train to Nordhavn to embark on a cruise from Freeport Cruise Terminal. The staff were extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful and a superb buffet breakfast was served.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Donald A,

Thank you for your comments on BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our central location and services!

I make sure that your comments are passed on to my colleagues.

Manchester
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel September through Easyjet holidays. The hotel is located South West Copenhagen next to the S line Rail station. A 10 minute walk from Main Central station so very easy to find. We had a 3rd floor over looking main road and railway and made for great views of the city and yes noisy when window was open but fine when closed which didn't not bother our sleep. There were two in our group sleeping in single beds which were very comfy. The room was a good size and so to the bathroom. The room was cleaned everyday by a lovely polite lady who said hello all the time. Upon check in we were warmly greeted and made a very good impression from the start. Nothing was to much trouble and every time we ask for help with anything it was politely given. Free Wifi was a bonus. I would recommend this hotel to stay in as its a great location as we were able to find quickly are bearings.
The city it self yes is expensive but if you manage your budget right I.e going down side streets restaurants buying extras from the Netto 3 doors a long from hotel.
A pint is around 57DK which is around £4.50
Food ranges from 60DK £5 small dishes to 150DK £13 large.
We took £600 in to 5000K which was plenty.
You must do the Hop on Hop Off Blue bus not the green or City sight seeing. As there's 3 company's to choice from. We also got a great deal on the tours as we got a free boat tour and extra day free! For 20DK
I would deffo recommend Copenhagen as a city to visit.
Regards

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Terrybakeruk
Dear Terrybakeruk,

thank you for taking the time to give us your comments on BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel.

As you name it we are in the very heart of the city and that has its drawbacks with regards to noise, but that´s nothing our double glazed windows can´t handle.

It is a delight to read your feedback, I will definitely forward your comments to my colleagues both in housekeeping and at the front desk!