“Not bad at all”

Ranked #56 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Manila, Philippines
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Danish design in a Best Western is a good combination. The room for 3 adults was decent. Funny configuration of the cabinets though. If you put your luggage in between the cabinets you actually couldnt open them. Strange but a slight inconvenience. Breakfast was basic. We paid additional for breakfast but if you just need coffee and a pastry many choices near the hotel. Its a 10-15 minute walk from the station although its thru cobble stone so beware. 10 minute walk into city center and if you have subway pass the station is across the hotel. Although subway system in Copenhagen is not yet tourist friendly so you have to walk to the sites from the station rather than get out of the station and voila there is everything.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear busytraveller5659,

thank you for making time to review BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel here.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The S-trains (as you name them, subway) has a way better network than the metro in Copenhagen.

Being a very old city , the stations are of course about a 5-10 minutes walk from some of the major sights here. But tour buses take visitors closer to the attractions.

Sorry to hear about the cabinets in the rooms, we´ll have a look into this.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Management Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a really well located hotel in Copenhagen City Centre. There is an "S" line station across the road which we used to take a train to Nordhavn to embark on a cruise from Freeport Cruise Terminal. The staff were extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful and a superb buffet breakfast was served.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Donald A,

Thank you for your comments on BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our central location and services!

I make sure that your comments are passed on to my colleagues.

Manchester
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel September through Easyjet holidays. The hotel is located South West Copenhagen next to the S line Rail station. A 10 minute walk from Main Central station so very easy to find. We had a 3rd floor over looking main road and railway and made for great views of the city and yes noisy when window was open but fine when closed which didn't not bother our sleep. There were two in our group sleeping in single beds which were very comfy. The room was a good size and so to the bathroom. The room was cleaned everyday by a lovely polite lady who said hello all the time. Upon check in we were warmly greeted and made a very good impression from the start. Nothing was to much trouble and every time we ask for help with anything it was politely given. Free Wifi was a bonus. I would recommend this hotel to stay in as its a great location as we were able to find quickly are bearings.
The city it self yes is expensive but if you manage your budget right I.e going down side streets restaurants buying extras from the Netto 3 doors a long from hotel.
A pint is around 57DK which is around £4.50
Food ranges from 60DK £5 small dishes to 150DK £13 large.
We took £600 in to 5000K which was plenty.
You must do the Hop on Hop Off Blue bus not the green or City sight seeing. As there's 3 company's to choice from. We also got a great deal on the tours as we got a free boat tour and extra day free! For 20DK
I would deffo recommend Copenhagen as a city to visit.
Regards

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Terrybakeruk
Dear Terrybakeruk,

thank you for taking the time to give us your comments on BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel.

As you name it we are in the very heart of the city and that has its drawbacks with regards to noise, but that´s nothing our double glazed windows can´t handle.

It is a delight to read your feedback, I will definitely forward your comments to my colleagues both in housekeeping and at the front desk!

Wortegem-Petegem, Belgium
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've spent 3n in this hotel, it's basic with a good service and value for money (given the prices in Denmark). Main asset is the central location downtown Copenhagen. Some attention points : old fashioned rooms, small wardrobe, no safe in the room and douche not really what you would expect ...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear V_Dupont_BE,

Thank you for your comments on BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and are satisfied with our services.

With regards to our rooms, it is a never ending process with smaller and bigger renovations, therefore some rooms might seem different to others.

We chose to install safes in the lobby area, usage is of course free of charge.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We booked into the Mercur off the street, having had a poor experience in another Copenhagen hotel. The manager showed us a room, did not overcharge us and locked our luggage away until we could register later that day, so that we could go out and start enjoying our holiday.

The room we had was bright, welcoming and comfortable with a seating area, coffee/tea making facilities and was a good size. Although the bathroom fittings were older, everything was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was at the rear of the hotel and, although there is a tennis court behind the hotel, it was quiet at night.

The breakfast buffet is appetising, with a wide choice of food/drinks and is frequently replenished. The restaurant is nicely decorated and the tables are quickly cleaned. There is a small bar and dinner is also available although we did not use these facilities.

We found the staff helpful and very friendly.

Room Tip: Corner rooms and those beside lifts are larger
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Allison C,

We are delighted to hear about your stay with us!

Let me thank you for sharing your experience here, it is essential for us to know what is being done right and what could be improved.

I will definitely forward your comments on the breakfast buffet to my colleagues.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Mercur Hotel for three days prior to our cruise departure. I was very disappointed with the accommodations at this particular hotel. I have stayed at other Mercur Hotels and found them to be very good. The rooms are in need of a remodel, everything looks old and worn out. The rooms are very small, generally in Europe you can expect to have smaller accommodations, so that was not unexpected. The safes are located in the lobby and we needed assistance to retrieve our personal items both times we attempted to use them. The staff was helpful, but seems under staffed to assist their guests. The railway lines are very close and it is difficult to sleep at night with the noise. As a positive their breakfast is very good and you are within walking distance to most of the sightseeing sites.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay at this hotel, try to book a room not on the rail station side of the building...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yvonne M
Eszter_Szucs, management assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Yvonne M,

thank you for taking the time to review BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel.

I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed you expectations during your stay with us. We always thrive for the best service and keep improving our product.

We just refurbished more than a dozen rooms and are constantly working on other aspects of the hotel and our services too.

It is true that the rooms can vary in size, and the noise is rather typical for a city center hotel.

I believe that you are referring to a french hotel chains hotel which has a similar name, I have to point out that we have nothing to do with them, this hotel is an individually owned BEST WESTERN hotel.

Lviv, Ukraine
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We were asked for 2,000 DKK deposit despite we have paid in advance for the whole week more than 16k! Without any advance notice, reservation papers state we paid all and completely!

We had twin room, and there were simply no space in the room for our bags. Every time we had step them over.

The size of the room is so small, and the worst it is missing any ventilation. In an hour you feel bad.

Open window does not help either, terrible noise from city train across the street makes sleep absolutely unpleasant.

The only good thing is location close to the city centre - however I believe there might be other hotels with better quality versus price ratio.

Would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed August 2013
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear IhorKostiv,

thank you for taking the time for a review of BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel.

It is a standard procedure that hotels take authorization on a card for incidentals. This is also stated on every booking confirmation.

Some of the rooms are different in size, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by putting you up in one of them.

One of the downsides of being in the city center is that there is noise from the trains and traffic sometimes, this is out of control unfortunately.

We are sorry to hear that we didn´t exceed your expectations during your stay with us.

Management Assistant

Travelers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels