“Average Hotel, Great Breakfast”

Copenhagen Mercur Hotel
Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The rooms at this centrally situated hotel and small but functional. It was very clean and everything worked but minimal toiletries and why paper cups for tea and coffee? Seemed a bit shabby some how. However, the breakfast made up for any other shortcomings with everything you could want and more. Apart from the usual cereal, yogurt, fruit there was all sorts of cold meats and cheeses, boiled eggs, prawns plus hot scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. Copenhagen is very expensive so it really does pay to stoke up on breakfast. It's easy to walk to the main station from here and also into the centre of town. We had a room at the rear which was one of the quietest I have stayed in.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lynneG91
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear lynneG91,

thank you for taking the time to provide us with you feedback.

It is great to hear that you liked our breakfast buffet, I shall pass your good compliments on to my colleagues!

I can see your point of preferring china cups in the rooms instead of paper cups, they do look nicer, but the function is the same.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

There are newer reviews for Copenhagen Mercur Hotel

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Right near central train station and Tivoli; loads of construction because of new subway, but that's true everywhere. Probably the smallest, most spartan room we've ever stayed in, but fair enough for the money. Rather austere front desk staff surprised me since folks on the street were very kind and welcoming, I'd give it a 5, mostly because of location.

Room Tip: I don't think any tips would help!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear fourpines,

thank you for taking the time for a review of BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel.

We are delighted that you found our location satisfying, and truly sorry that we did not exceed your expectations in other asåects of your stay.

It is true that some of the rooms are smaller in size, that is rather typical for hotels in the city center.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Best Western Hotel Murcur is very centrally located and is just a few blocks down the road from the central station which makes it really easy to get to on arrival and for your departure. When we arrived the staff were friendly and welcoming and quickly had us settled into a room on the 5th floor. At first we were a little apprehensive as there were signs saying they were renovating a floor and sorry for any inconvenience. However,These renovations did not disturb us or affect us in any way and the whole stay (3 nights) was very pleasant.
We found the room quite small but as we did not plan on spending too much time in it this was fine for us. The breakfast was a little extra cost on top of the room but the times it was available were until 10.00 during the weekdays and until 10.30 during the weekends. (great if you are sampling some of the local night spots!) There was a great selection of hot and cold food available and the staff were very efficient and friendly.
On departure we were able to leave our luggage in a locked room so we could check out and still have the freedom to explore last parts of the city without having to be weighed down by all our belongings.
All in all, a lovely place that I would recommend and would consider again if returning to this beautiful city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Keira S,

We appreciate your time to write a review for BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel.

It is lovely to hear that you found it easy to get to/from the hotel and that our staff welcoming.

It is great that you were not affected by our renovations, unfortunately not all the guests can say the same, but we are trying to inform as best we can, and keep the noise to a minimum.

I shall forward your good comments on the breakfast buffet til my colleagues in the restaurant!

Have a lovely day!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a good hotel. Nothing too fancy, but centrally located, within blocks of a lot of great things to do in Copenhagen. The price compared to other hotels in better locations, is a very good value. If you don't mind walking a few blocks, and getting to see more of the city, I'd recommend staying here. It's also right across the street from a main train stop, which makes it a breeze to get to take the train to the hotel right from the airport. Just email them and ask for directions!

I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: No AC in the rooms we were in, but opened the window at night and we were just fine. No safe in the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ocean F,

thank you for your review of BEST WESTERN Mercur Hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the hotels proximity to the city center.

In case your plans will bring you to Copenhagen again, have a look at our website for best prices:
www.mercurhotel.dk.

Have a lovely day!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very good location in downtown. Close to Tivoli and the shopping area in dt. No free parking other than from saturday to sunday.... Had a room towards the street but dead silent inside the room. Very nice size room and bathroom. Breakfast was extra..... but what a service in the breakfast room, the girl in charge was 5 star +++. Super service at the front desk also on arrivel and check out. we would recomend this place to all our friends and family. We will be back too.

Room Tip: Small elevator, and short time parking in front to un-load and load the car.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear FIB-68,

thank you for providing us with your feedback here.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for walking to many attractions in Copenhagen. The breakfast was excellent, the room was small but clean and perfectly adequate. The front desk staff was very helpful. We thought it was great value for the price!

Stayed: June 2013
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Susan B,

thank you for your feedback!

We are glad to hear that you ennjoyed your stay with us in Copenhagen!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed there for 3 Nights in june, and had made reservations for a single room. Once I checked in, I got upgraded to a double room in the end of the hallway; such a treat!
The room was spacious, With two small closets, a desk With two Chairs and a tub in the bathroom.

the carpet on the floor wasn't that Nice (old and discoloured), but as the rest of the rooms was clean and neat, It didn't make a huge impact on my overall impression.

the breakfast was good With a large variation, and the breakfast room was big enough to handle a big Group at the same time (I usually end up eating breakfast betweene 09.30-10.00 in hotels, so do many others as well ;))

the staff was service-minded and polite.
the noise from the road didn't bother me at all, and the hotel is very Close to both railwaystations as well as the city center etc.

A good price and a good stay.
would stay there again!

Room Tip: Room 416 (in the end of the hall, away from elevators, and a bit extra Space!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tripptrapp95

Dear tripptrapp95,

thank you for taking the time for a review here.

We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you would stay with us again.

We are aware that in some of the rooms the carpets are in bad condition, that is why we are planning a carpet change in the rooms, this is an ongoing project right now.