“Great for the price, Good location”

Copenhagen Mercur Hotel
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for walking to many attractions in Copenhagen. The breakfast was excellent, the room was small but clean and perfectly adequate. The front desk staff was very helpful. We thought it was great value for the price!

Stayed: June 2013
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Susan B,

thank you for your feedback!

We are glad to hear that you ennjoyed your stay with us in Copenhagen!

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed there for 3 Nights in june, and had made reservations for a single room. Once I checked in, I got upgraded to a double room in the end of the hallway; such a treat!
The room was spacious, With two small closets, a desk With two Chairs and a tub in the bathroom.

the carpet on the floor wasn't that Nice (old and discoloured), but as the rest of the rooms was clean and neat, It didn't make a huge impact on my overall impression.

the breakfast was good With a large variation, and the breakfast room was big enough to handle a big Group at the same time (I usually end up eating breakfast betweene 09.30-10.00 in hotels, so do many others as well ;))

the staff was service-minded and polite.
the noise from the road didn't bother me at all, and the hotel is very Close to both railwaystations as well as the city center etc.

A good price and a good stay.
would stay there again!

Room Tip: Room 416 (in the end of the hall, away from elevators, and a bit extra Space!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tripptrapp95

Dear tripptrapp95,

thank you for taking the time for a review here.

We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you would stay with us again.

We are aware that in some of the rooms the carpets are in bad condition, that is why we are planning a carpet change in the rooms, this is an ongoing project right now.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This Best Western hotel is a relatively big and very centrally located hotel; it's an easy and short walk to central Copenhagen (including the train station). The room was plain; the only interesting feature was a colourful painting. The view over the adjacent busy street, train tracks and a colourful building felt nicely urban but also meant you couldn’t open the window without it being very noisy. Some reception staff were very friendly, other less so. The breakfast was great, the only thing missing was fresh orange juice, but there were the usual warm items, including pancakes. I ordered breakfast to go my second morning, my flight was leaving very early but the order had somehow been lost and there was no breakfast, the reception staff was at that point very unhelpful and borderline rude.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Javinsky,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback here.

We are glad to hear that our location was pleasing for you! I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire team for the inconvenience with the breakfast on your departure day.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Spent five days here with my parents on June. Great location: subway is right across the street, there are taxis right in front of the hotel, the city center is within walking distance. Breakfast is great. Just one con: staff from the front desk is not very nice. Compared with the prices of other hotels, I think it's a really good choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Miss_Connections,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback here.

I am truly sorry to hear that our staff did not exceed your expectations, that was certainly not our intention. However I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location in the city center.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Spent a week in May at this hotel prior to embarking on a Baltic Cruise. The hotel is perfectly situated in the city center. An easy 5 minute walk from Tivoli and the central station. Located across the street from Vesterport S-tog station it made it easy to explore the city. The close location to the S-tog station was also something of a drawback as our room faced the station and there was some ambient noise. The room itself was small but comfortable. There was a limited selection of television channels but our room was equipped with a Smart TV which made it possible to watch YouTube videos. The wireless internet was fast and worked perfectly. Breakfast was excellent with a good selection of cheeses, meats, breads and pastries. The service was pretty good at keeping the food replendished. Overall a good stay and would stay at this property again if I'm back at Copenhagen.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Jason L,

thank you for providing us with your feedback here!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Let me apologize for the limited amount of channels, we are updating the tv system, that must be the reason for not having all the channels.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. There isn't any air conditioning. We were on the top floor, also known as the attic. We had a suite. Joke. Basically a couch and desk separated by a partial wall the bed was up against. The bathtub was ceramic and VERY slippery. There wasn't a mat or anti slip guards. My husband slipped while showering. Two pluses, the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast included in the price of the room was outstanding. I have never seen a more beautiful, varied buffet anywhere. The hotel is located near the metro/train and a shirt walk to Tivoli Gardens. Considering we were in the capital of a country, the price was good. The breakfast outstanding. The room really did need air conditioning.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor if it you are there during warm months. No air conditioning made it uncomforta...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Gneiss1,

I am truly sorry on behalf of our entire team that we did not exceed you expectations during your stay with us.

Our suite is the best room in the entire hotel, with good space.

However I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, I will pass your feedback on to the restaurant.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Copenhagen was a challenging city to visit. We had a good time, but I feel like my husband and I had to work hard to get every good experience and that started with the hotel. It was somewhat far away from the central train station and somewhat confusing to navigate to since street signs are less than plentiful in Copenhagen. The hotel room was okay - nothing great, but clean and had everything that we needed, however there was construction going on to update the exterior and windows, which they did acknowledge and apologize for.

The hotel is just far away from most everything, except for the Tivoli. But if you're going to go to the Tivoli, then it's probably an all day or evening thing and you won't care that your hotel is close by.

There was a Netto grocery store at the corner, which was really nice to have so that you could pop in and buy a water (or a Carlsberg!) and snacks to go take to the nearby park for a little picnic. Copenhagen is an expensive city and this is a fairly economical hotel, so it's not the worst choice, but you will feel far away from everything.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear aja9p9,

I am sorry to hear that you feel like you had to work for a good experience in Copenhagen.

It is unfortunate that you find our 500 meters proximity too far from the central station, we are in the very middle of the city center - close to everything- the only way to get closer to the station is the hotels right opossite the station building.

We hope that your experience did not put you off from another visit to this beautiful city.