“Good Hotel with Excellent Location”

Copenhagen Mercur Hotel
Ranked #55 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Fairfield, California
“Good Hotel with Excellent Location”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Spent a week in May at this hotel prior to embarking on a Baltic Cruise. The hotel is perfectly situated in the city center. An easy 5 minute walk from Tivoli and the central station. Located across the street from Vesterport S-tog station it made it easy to explore the city. The close location to the S-tog station was also something of a drawback as our room faced the station and there was some ambient noise. The room itself was small but comfortable. There was a limited selection of television channels but our room was equipped with a Smart TV which made it possible to watch YouTube videos. The wireless internet was fast and worked perfectly. Breakfast was excellent with a good selection of cheeses, meats, breads and pastries. The service was pretty good at keeping the food replendished. Overall a good stay and would stay at this property again if I'm back at Copenhagen.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Jason L,

thank you for providing us with your feedback here!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Let me apologize for the limited amount of channels, we are updating the tv system, that must be the reason for not having all the channels.

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me via my email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk.

Management Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. There isn't any air conditioning. We were on the top floor, also known as the attic. We had a suite. Joke. Basically a couch and desk separated by a partial wall the bed was up against. The bathtub was ceramic and VERY slippery. There wasn't a mat or anti slip guards. My husband slipped while showering. Two pluses, the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast included in the price of the room was outstanding. I have never seen a more beautiful, varied buffet anywhere. The hotel is located near the metro/train and a shirt walk to Tivoli Gardens. Considering we were in the capital of a country, the price was good. The breakfast outstanding. The room really did need air conditioning.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor if it you are there during warm months. No air conditioning made it uncomforta...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Gneiss1,

I am truly sorry on behalf of our entire team that we did not exceed you expectations during your stay with us.

Our suite is the best room in the entire hotel, with good space.

However I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, I will pass your feedback on to the restaurant.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Copenhagen was a challenging city to visit. We had a good time, but I feel like my husband and I had to work hard to get every good experience and that started with the hotel. It was somewhat far away from the central train station and somewhat confusing to navigate to since street signs are less than plentiful in Copenhagen. The hotel room was okay - nothing great, but clean and had everything that we needed, however there was construction going on to update the exterior and windows, which they did acknowledge and apologize for.

The hotel is just far away from most everything, except for the Tivoli. But if you're going to go to the Tivoli, then it's probably an all day or evening thing and you won't care that your hotel is close by.

There was a Netto grocery store at the corner, which was really nice to have so that you could pop in and buy a water (or a Carlsberg!) and snacks to go take to the nearby park for a little picnic. Copenhagen is an expensive city and this is a fairly economical hotel, so it's not the worst choice, but you will feel far away from everything.

Dear aja9p9,

I am sorry to hear that you feel like you had to work for a good experience in Copenhagen.

It is unfortunate that you find our 500 meters proximity too far from the central station, we are in the very middle of the city center - close to everything- the only way to get closer to the station is the hotels right opossite the station building.

We hope that your experience did not put you off from another visit to this beautiful city.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Best Western Mercur is very well situated in the center of Copenhagen, the Vesterport station is across the street, the Central station only 300m away, also Tivoli and the main square Radhusplaset a bit further. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms are a bit small but OK, the bed is also OK and a free Wi-Fi in the room with acceptable speed and a desk so that's possible to do some work. Breakfast was not included but can be bought in the hotel. It's a buffet breakfast Scandinavian style. In the evening it is an Iranian restaurant.
The only negative thing that comes in to my mind are the elevators, they are small, seem to be old and are not always in order. They should fix that.

I use this hotel when I stay in Copenhagen as it offers good price if you order well in advance.
If you don't want to spend to much on the hotel but want to stay downtown the B.W.Mercur is a good choice.
Its easy to get around from the hotel, I use the public transport and the system in Copenhagen is good, easy to use and not expensive. The best way to learn about it in advance is to use Google.

Small advice: If you use the train from the airport you need to change trains at the Central to the S train and take one station more at no extra cost as Vesterport is in the same tariff zone as the Central station, or if the weather is good and you don't have to much luggage, just walk these 300 m. :)

Room Tip: Away from the street if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Sigurdur S,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

We are sorry about the inconvenience our elevators have caused you, this is an issue we are working on, with one out of three seems to be more issues, which will be fixed as soon as possible.

We hope to welcome you back!

Have a lovely weekend!

Toronto
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed in the Best Western Mercur Hotel in Copenhagen on May 21 for 2 nights. The hotel was in a terrific location, with easy access to the train station and all major tourist sites. There is some construction going on at the hotel but caused no problems whatsoever. The rating and value of this hotel exceeds the expectations one would have expected from a 3 star. Overall, we were very satisfied. The room was a standard size, clean and comfortable, although we found the bathroom quite small but efficient We had a lovely meal at the hotel restaurant, however one English menu would have been nice. Also, the nice man at the front counter upon checkout gave us incorrect information about which stop to get off at for the cruise terminal (even though we questioned him about it) and created a much longer walk(with suitcases) then we anticipated. That was indeed unfortunate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Den and Mar F,

we are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am however very sorry to hear that you have been sent to the wrong bus stop, there is two cruise terminals, that must have been the reason for the confusion.

Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My spouse and I have become accustomed to renting an apartment when we travel to Europe. Unfortunately, there were none available for this trip due to the Eurovision 2013 event in nearby Malmö, Sweden. This hotel is within two block of the central train station and immediately across the street from a Metro station that serves both the M1 and M2 lines. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Our room faced the street which offered up views of the Tivoli fireworks show. The large window opens fully to allow lots of fresh air in. While we really missed not having the amenities of a furnished apartment, this hotel provided an acceptable option for us.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the city for a better view. It is noisier; however, if you close the window...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear FinallyCanuck,

thank you for sharing your review here with us, we are delighted to hear that BEST WESTERN Mercur was a good option for you for staying in Copenhagen.

The top rooms have indeed a lovely view of the city, we are glad to share that with our guests :-)

Feel free to contact me in case I can be of any assistance with regards to you past/future stay!

Have a nice day!

email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The room walls are paper thin, we had noisy neighbours talking to 4 am. Bathroom had black hair everywhere. Comfy beds. The staff are the worst i have come across. Not interested in serving you (check in check out). Being scandinavian myself i was embarrassed at their coldness. Walked away from front desk when i approached it after i queued. No smile. No eye contact. A lot of sighing and huffing. Worst hotel treatment i have had.

• Stayed May 2013
Eszter_Szucs, Management Assistant at Copenhagen Mercur Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear MHTravelGirl,

Let me apologize on behalf of our whole team for the inconveniences you experienced under your stay with us.

We take such matters very seriously, so if you could kindly get back to me with some more information I would higly appreciate that. I can be reached via email: es@hotelpropertygroup.dk or via phone at the reception: +45 33 12 57 11. In order to take action we need to know which room you stayed in and when.

Thank you for taking the time to give us the feedback on what we need to do better.

Have a lovely day!
Management Assistant

Travelers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels