“Copenhagen Admiral”

Copenhagen Admiral Hotel
Ranked #25 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Lovely hotel on waterfront. Rooms quirky with wood beams prominent due to building being converted barn Facilities very good and staff best I have come across. David who worked in the bar was very good, but all the staff were so pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms at back look over water.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roy A

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Great hotel, good food, Close to shoping, the breakfast was great, beds were so comfortable, we will definitely come here more times,the only negative was that it was very hot in the rooms, no ac.Copenhagen is a nice

Room Tip: Go to this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Mirja N
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Our flight arrived early from Singapore, I booked an airport transfer to the hotel, about a 25 minute journey, I had requested, prior to arrival for an early check in, unfortunately this was not possible, our bags were taken to a secure luggage room whilst we had breakfast and enjoyed sitting out on the terrace over looking a canal. At the time of checking in I mentioned that my sister would be arriving from The UK at approximately 6pm, she was on the same booking as my husband and I, no problem.

At Midday I checked if we were able to have a room, and yes we were in luck, on the first floor , there are 6 floors, lifts and stairs to all levels. The room was lovely , a view over the canal , though there was dredging or construction of some sort opposite across the water from the hotel which was rather noisy. It was a relief to have a good shower and unpack. . A good size bathroom, shower in the bath. Plenty of storage space for luggage and clothes , a safe for valuables. The Queen bed and pillows were divine, it has to have been the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at a hotel.

The hotel is a heritage listed hotel that was a wharehouse years ago hence in all rooms, I gather are very large beams which partially block an area of the room, not a problem if you are a sighted person,but my husband is visually impaired and it was difficult for him to avoid the beam, so a large white towel over the beam avoided any collisions, thankfully.

When my sister arrived at 6pm she was told no room was booked for her, even though she was on my booking none of the 3 front desk receptionists had noted this having even discussed which floor she would be on as we had changed from the 3rd to the 1st floor, they just cancelled her booking when the clock struck 4pm, which happens if you have not given them your credit card details if you are going to arrive after 4pm. AS they would not listen to my sisiter she called me to come and sort out the mess. I had to insist they find a room as they have been negligent which finally they did and all was well. Not a good way to arrive after a long journey.

There are 2 breakfast rooms, one like a cafeteria and the other much quieter and more comfortable, a good selection of hot and cold food though the hot food was not hot, barely tepid.There is a lovely outdoor area for drinks, snacks etc over looking the canal and a place to watch people on their bicycles, walking, running, families with prams. It is a wonderful location a long promanade to the palace,only a few minutes away, The Little Mermaid is about a 20 minute walk, and to Nyhaven where there are so many restaurants to choose from also the river cruises leave there it is only a 10 minute walk, so you really do have a a great hotel in a perfect location.

We were in Copenhagen for 3 days prior to a cruise, our ship was at The Langeline Dock, make sure you know where you are sailing from as our taxi driver took an hour to find our ship, when from the hotel it should have taken only 10 minutes , you could actually walk there in about 30 minutes !

Room Tip: Room with a view of the water is best, and they have small balconies. They may be a little noisier a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Good: Location is really amazing. Queen`s palace is just 200 meters from the hotel. Very good but a bit pricy hotel restaurant.

Negative: Very small 2 floor rooms. Rooms look very cheap. VERY crowdy at breakfast. The staff is unfriendly and hopeless.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank DenisGrodetskiy
Reviewed August 23, 2014

This was my second visit to the Admiral. Its proximity to Nyhaven, the Royal Palace, the Opera House, the Mermaid and the harbour had all been big pluses on my first visit. I had only stayed one night on that visit and had checked out before breakfast.
This is a very large and busy hotel which I hadn't really appreciated on my first visit. I stayed 3 nights this time. Breakfast was like a cattle market. Its all a bit impersonal and their 'customer orientation' is somewaht lacking.
We had a 'mix-up' over a Caesar Salad order at the outdoor restaurant / café. The menu said it had anchovies with it , which I like. Having ordered I took a call on my mobile and while my wife who was trying to order a Caesar Salad without anchovies was informed the anchovies were only in the dressing and the menu hadn't yet been updated, I missed it. When my salad arrived I rejected it because it didn't have the anchovies as stated on the menu. Presuming I wouldn't be charged because the menu had been misleading I was somewhat surprised when I came to settle the bill and saw I was being charged.
I raised this with the waitress who was the restaurant / café supervisor only to be told some faceless manager, hiding in the kitchen, was insisting I was charged. She said that the manager wouldn't come out to discuss the matter and the only way the charge could be removed from my bill was if she took it as a deduction from her pay. Obviously I didn't take her up on that offer.
This has left a lasting bad taste in my mouth .... not the taste of anchovies !
Poor show Admiral ..... a strong supporter and recommender of your hotel no more.

Room Tip: I have always looked for a harbour view. If you were worried about noise from the main restaurant an...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 130R
Reviewed August 22, 2014

..as the Admiral Hotel in Copenhagen has no air conditioning, you must leave the window open to get any fresh air into the room.. and on both sides of the building there is outside noise that will interfere with most anyone that is not a sound sleeper.. at $400+ a night for what is labeled a 4-star hotel, this is totally unacceptable.

Room Tip: ..don't have any, as they all do not have a/c
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 21, 2014

This is next to port, conveniently located to explore copenhagen. What I enjoyed was a very helpful staff, who had offered and prepared a vegetarian meal for me. (Its a different story that I didnt like it.)

Room Tip: Place to visit little mermaid
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business