Copenhagen Admiral Hotel
Hotel Kong Arthur(Copenhagen)
$275
$212
  • Restaurant
AC Hotel by Marriott Bella Sky Copenhagen(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
$175
$242
Official Hotel Site
  • Breakfast included
4,420 results
All reviewswooden beamssalt restaurantopera houseconverted warehouselittle mermaidgreat locationroyal palaceharbour viewwater viewclose to nyhavnshort walkjunior suitelarge hotelbreakfast buffetmini baron footdouble bed
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Spent 2 nights here at the beginning of May. The hotel is in a renovated historic warehouse right on the harbor front, within easy walking distance from the Royal Residence at Amalienborg, Nyhavn, Strøget, the Little Mermaid and everything else. We had a Deluxe Double Room on the side facing the water, which ran us DKK 3820 (about USD 740) for two nighs. Our room was small but comfortable and had plenty of character. Given the location I was a bit disappointed by the view - the building has few windows and we could look out from our room only by standing right in the opening of the sliding glass door that provided the only daylight. Note that the pier opposite is currently being rebuilt (see photo), which can make the early mornings pretty noisy as the heavy machinery starts up. We never used the hotel restaurant - why would we, when Copenhagen offers so many great places to eat, from bakeries to fancy restaurants serving the new nordic cuisine. All in all, the hotel quite pricy for what you get - but that seems to be the case with so much else in Copenhagen.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel recently on business (just for one night). Room and bathroom were very clean and relatively well appointed, if a little small for a single room.

The rooms can be difficult to find late at night, the corridors do not tend to be well lit. However, free wireless Internet (with a good connection), good shower and good quality bed linen more than make up for this.

Good pricing considering the location in the centre of Copenhagen. Breakfast is approximately £16 on top of the room rate, but is well worth taking - there is a lot of choice and all of very good quality.

I did not have a car so cannot comment on the cost/availability of parking. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night. I would say its okay, the bathroom is very small. It was clean, the view from our room was not great as Copenhagen at the moment is one construction site. Fortunately we had quiet neighbours and did not experience what others had experienced in previous reviews, but I think it could get noisy if you have inconsiderate neighbours. The Admiral is very conveniently situated you are so close to all the attractions. The staff at this hotel we found to be very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tdebruyn
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I spend the semester studying abroad in Denmark and my parents came at the very end to visit and I stayed too...

The Admiral was a lovely place. The staff was very friendly and the location is nice. It's nice in central Copenhagen, but if you don't mind walking 15 minutes, it's pretty close.
It is near lots of lovely restaurants and it is right near the water.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Long but please read. I recently stayed at the Admiral with my husband and son in a family/junior suite. BEWARE-these TINY suites are NOT family friendly. There is a steep, winding staircase that goes from the loft down to the living area, not suitable for young children or anyone that is mobility impaired. There is absolutely no soundproofing between rooms-you can here everything. They are currently doing construction on the harbor side of the hotel which starts promptly at 6:45 a.m. We got no warning of this. There is a small, noisy ferry that runs until after 11:00 which travels by frequently. The walls are so thick you can't even view the harbor well. Front desk staff is cordial but not friendly, unless you are European/Scandanavian and is less than helpful. Breakfast buffet is decent but way overpriced. Beds were comfortable but you either sweat or freeze. No top sheet and a very warm duvet, room was hot with windows closed and too noisy with windows open. Now the best part. Due to a poor design entering the hallway on the way to our room (incline w/no markings), I fell. Front desk staff did not care. The next day I went to the hospital and discovered I had broken a bone in my arm. Their response was "how unfortunate". They eventually did apologize, admitted it was a design flaw that they'd "try" to fix, and gave us a fruit bowl and a cheap bottle of wine as a token of remorse but that was it. The housekeeper was more concerned than management and indicated numerous people have fallen in the same spot. Location is great but that is the only real up side. Although further out, friends of ours used the STAY Hotel and were much happier. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family