“Cheresse”

Ranked #2 of 136 Nightlife in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For hundreds of years the Danes were an unstoppable force of warriors, explorers and settlers – uniting Scandinavia, discovering America and bringing terror to the shores of Europe. Today Copenhagen’s history of fire and bloody battles lies hidden behind picturesque streets and colorful harbors.As the days of conquest passed, Danish power was replaced with a rich cultural legacy of writers, artists and philosophers. The fairytale feel of the city where Hans Christian Andersen wrote is the home of incredible stories and unbelievably true histories: Viking adventurers; pirate-hunting Bishop Absalon; daring Danish WWII resistance fighters and more.Our local expert guides will take you on a 3 hour walking tour through 6000 years of Copenhagen’s history and you’ll find out why the Danes are some of the happiest people in the world!
México
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cheresse”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My sister and I visited Copenhaguen by the end of August this year and decided to go on the Sandemans Tour. She had previously gone on one and it was my first time going on a tour with this company, but I had the best impression of the company. Our guide (Cheresse) was extremely funny, friendly, and knew Copenhaguen's history very well. The tour, while it was a bit long, really succeeded my expectations, as it was entertaining just as it was informative and I feel that I walked away with a better understanding of the city, which allowed me to enjoy my stay much more.
Again, Cheresse made a big difference. After Copenhaguen I went on tours with the company in Berlin, Barcelona and Paris and it definetely wasn't the same, the guides couldn't live up to Cheresse's standards!

Visited August 2012

• Greek first
Hereford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Entertaining history of Copenhagen”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our guide was Charisse, an American who really seems to have taken to Denmark. She is so full of energy that she must have taken on the Danish apetite for coffee! It was a bit chilly and drizzly on the day of our tour but we hardly noticed due to the entertainment value and quality of Charisse's narration. She really brought the history of the city to life for us and can't be rated highly enough. If you visit Copenhagen, do this tour and please make sure you tip well if you can afford it (but there is genuinely no pressure from the guide regarding payment) - a good tip is just well deserved. Thanks Charisse and Good Luck with the hieroglyphics!

2 Thank SharonT820
Dourados, MS
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing tour!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

It was an amazing tour! Me and my friend really enjoyed walking around the touristics places in Copenhagen and also learning a little about its history and culture! By the way, my guide was Michelle and she is great!!

3 Thank MarienneCP
Essex
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not miss this!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We really enjoyed the free walking tour with our guide Igor. He was so entertaining and knowledgeable and really made the tour. We had such a good time we joined him for the paid harbour trip in the afternoon. This was also really fun and full of history and facts. Thank you Igor and Sandermans for one of my favourite memories of Copenhagen.

Groningen, The Netherlands
“Best tour!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

It is the best way to get to know about the main things of a city. A bit of history, museums, attractions, etc.. You also get to know people. =)