“Good location”

Ranked #45 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. The hotel was centrally located, but that was the only great thing about it. Other than that this is an average hotel, my room was fine, breakfast ok, service ok. My room was quiet though.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Marysville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is a nice business hotel near the Central Train Station. What first attracted me to the hotel was it was reasonably priced and just next to the Avis Car Rental as I was coming in from Kolding with a rental. We were traveling with our 11 year old, we had a triple room which was spacious and clean. The hotel was only a short walk to shopping, cafes and Tivoli. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly and even offered us free umbrella one afternoon when it was raining. Not only was it a short walk to the Central Train Station, but there were also several nearby bus and a local train stations nearby. Yes, the elevators were small and slow, but this is Europe. The WIFI was great. There was an optional hotel breakfast, but we choose to have breakfast at one of the nearby cafes. One evening during our stay, there was a VERY loud party with music blaring in one of the ball rooms, but the music stopped a 9pm. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

This hotel was arranged for me by my company for a training meeting. I stayed in room 249 which was down two very long hallways from the very small elevators. Even though there are 3, it took forever to get down in the morning and up in the evening when we all got off the bus. I opted for the stairs.

My room was in the back of the hotel away from any traffic. About 8pm during the week - I was there for 6 nights, the beat of very loud music permeated my room. My colleague who was in room 549 could hear the same thing. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out from looking out the window where the music was coming from. It was difficult to get to sleep...

Otherwise, the room was a good size for Copenhagen, clean with a decent bathroom - although pushing the toilet button in the wall took extra energy. The bed was comfortable - I don't like hard beds but this was just firm enough. There was a mini bar, iron and ironing board, good size closet, flat tv with several English language channels. The window had blinds and black out curtains which I appreciated since I like my room dark at night. The laundry service - while expensive - did a nice job on my undergarments ie no starch and soft.

There is no concierge service in the hotel - like most hotels in Copenhagen so you carry your own stuff. There are a couple of steps to maneuver in the hall if you have to go all the way down to the other wing. It is the longest hallway I have ever been in at a hotel.

The breakfast is downstairs and average - it has the usual cereal, some cold cuts, cheese, yogurt, eggs, bacon, some fruit. Nothing out of th ordinary but edible.

I have been coming to Copenhagen for 3 years on business and I have yet to find a hotel that ticks off all my boxes. I would like this hotel better except for the noise.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank IntlTrainer
Minneapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

When I finally made it to the lobby of this hotel I was greeted by cigarette smoke and a dingy lobby with tables set up for group arrivals. While centrally located, this hotel is optimized for groups. Buses were constantly arriving by the front door for tours, etc. The single room was the size of a small college dorm room with a single bed. My phone and air conditioning in the room did not work. While they were able to replace the phone, they advised me to sleep with the window open. This was impossible due to the noise from the traffic and activities in the alley under my window. I arrived to this hotel via rental car and was challenged by the parking situation. No signs and a mystery entrance to the hotel. No fitness center. The room, the food, and the parking were all overpriced. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Brussels
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Spent a few days at this property last month. What attracted me to this hotel was its relatively central location, near the main train station and the Tivoli Gardens. Besides that, I left sorely dissapointed. My major issue was the size of the rooms which in my opinion is appropriate for pygmies; but not for normal sized people. While booking; instead of taking a 'single room' I opted for a double queen size for single occupancy; yet even that was very cramped. WHilst both the room and bathroom had been recently renovated, it left much to be desired. Firstly the toilet was miniscule, there was hardly any closet space or drawers, the lighting left much to be desired. The 'economic' bulbs gave off a cheap whitish glow in an otherwise dark room. There was no safety deposit box in the room, this is the first time I have ever encountered such a situation in a supposedly four star hotel. Whilst the windows had double glazing; the room was nonetheless noisy due to the train lines which run near the hotel. It was very hot in copenhage during my stay, and the aircon in the room did not function correctly, so keeping the windows open at night was not an option due to the nonstop noise. As concerns the breakfast; it was adequate; but I felt that there was very little choice of food; and I was especially disappointed that there were not any local delicacies such as marinate herring or smoked fish. The choice and assortment of bread was however vast and delicious. The hotel prides itself as a 'scandinavian design', and the common rooms and lobbies are indeed 1960's looking, but personally I found the whole place rather dark and depressing. Lastly, many reviewers commented on the slow and small elevators, which I wholehartedly concur. There are many tourgroups which use this property; and checking in /out and using the elevators when a group arrives is a major hassle. Whilst copenhagen is a very expensive place, I do not believe that the price/quality equation for this hotel is very convincing. If I ever return to copenhagen, I would look for another Hotel than the Imperial.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Spent a weekend in Copenhagen, found the hotel on line.
Its a great location a short walk from the train station.
Check in was painless and the staff were helpful... I had to make an emergency call to New Zealand and use the business centre at the hotel. The staff went out of there way to help me.
The room was spacious and modern. loved the soft lighting and the very comfortable bed..
The room over looked the road however it was quiet.
Excellent hotel a short walk into town and Tivoli Gardens.
I would come back to this hotel next time I am in Copenhagen.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I spent two nights here at the end of a cruise. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Central Train station, Tivoli Gardens and a good Tourist Information office. The staff was very helpful, providing us with maps and information. In addition, there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel. Our room was spotless, and nicely appointed. The bathroom was a good size, which I really appreciated after spending 3 weeks on a ship with a really tiny bathroom. The breakfast buffet had a good variety of food and was very tasty.

My only negatives also refer to the tiny lifts. One had to use the room key to operate the lift, and it would only take you to your floor. There was a group of tourists staying who just did not get the concept, no matter how many times they used the lift. Consequently, no other lifts would open doors until someone showed them how to operate it or actually did it for them.

Room Tip: I had a room on the fifth floor which was very nice and spacious, However, it was at the end of a l...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends