“Very convenient.”

Ranked #48 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Sydney, Australia
“Very convenient.”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Spent two nights at the Imperial, room only.

The hotel is extremely convenient to Copenhagen Central station - less than 5minute walk.

The rooms have been recently renovated and are very well appointed.

Reception team were extremely friendly and helpful. We also hired bikes through the hotel at 150DKK for the day!

Would recommend the hotel for convenience to the station or if you intend to spend your days on bikes sightseeing!

If you are looking for a bar close by.. Definitely checkout Bar 7... And for a restaurant Oliver and the Black Circus is DEFINITELY worth the 10min stroll.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The best advice we have received while travelling is never to expect too much from your hotel. We arrived at this hotel on the day it received a poor review and were understandably nervous! What a nice surprise then to be greeted in a professional and friendly manner as well as being offered an upgrade if our room did not meet our expectations. We accepted the original room we had booked on the understanding that we could change if we weren't happy. The room was fine. Small - yes but clean and had all we required for our stay. Compact bathroom with a heated floor which was amazing for drying our washing! Did not take the breakfast option. Lots of great coffee shops close by so no need to add this to our stay. Great location close to hop on hop off bus, Tivoli Gardens and short stroll to shopping and eating areas.

1 Thank George C
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed at the Imperial hotel for two nights. The hotel is very close to the central station, so it's very convenient for work around that area. It is clean and well organised and staff were friendly and accommodating. The breakfast hotel is quite basic. My room was facing a side street so there was not too much noise, but as the location is very central it might be noisy in other rooms.

Room Tip: room not to face main street
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I returned as this is preferred hotel of my company. After my first stay which reminded me my uni time, I asked for a double bed. They charged me extra £20 despite my colleagues got it within the rate. The design is very poor, actually what design? The corridors do remind you your old days in the hall of residence, the room varies but plastic spoons on your dusty tea tray doesn't justify 4*. My remote didn't work, think batteries run out. My quiet room consisted of drilling on Sunday morning at 7am and scream coming out of the window from a nearby car park. Breakfast doesn't make this all up. I guess location is good. Overall this would not be my choice unless very very cheap....but it does offer a bed and a hot shower. Tivoli garden and station is 5 min walk.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Halifax
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have just returned from a 4 night stay in imperial hotel and looking at the most recent reviews think we must have gone to different hotels. My experience of the Imperial was a clean and well appointed hotel, staff very helpful and courteous. I had paid for a superior single room and was allocated room 267 a double room with functional wardrobe and shelving, desk, sofa and en suite was modern with a shower which the only negative thing was small but certainly not a deal breaker. The breakfast had everything and as a coeliac/gluten intolerant person found that the food available could accommodate my diet. The food included hard/soft boiled eggs, various fruit juices, tea/coffee, various cereals, pumpkin seeds, fruit many cheeses.

The hotel is well situated within 5 minutes of the train station and Tivoli gardens I agree that the surrounding area looks a little shabby, building work throughout the city is occurring to install additional Metro line and stations. I purchased a Copenhagen card which covered all my travelling and entry to attractions which saved me money. Public transport is excellent.
My room overlooked the S train station but I slept well with no disturbance from other guests returning to their rooms nor the traffic outside. Provisions such as pop/milk/food were available from the nearby Netto which shut at 22.00hrs and also nearby was a Rema 1000 and 711 store as eating out is eye wateringly expensive.

Room Tip: new rooms added recently 267 - 275
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Berkshire, England
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just got back from spending 4 nights here and not overly impressed. The location is a little seedy looking but it is very close to the Tivoli Gardens and a station. We stayed with another couple, our room was on the second floor and theirs on the fourth - they faced a different way to us and a lot of noise from the trains all through the night, we didn't. The rooms are ok. The bed was very comfortable. Quite limited hanging and storage space. Bath with overhead shower, all quite small. We had breakfast as part of our package and found it good, plentiful supply of everything and efficient clearing of the tables and restocking. Can't say whether economical as included. We ate in the restaurant one night and found the food very good, excellent choice and all very well cooked.

1 Thank berksbs
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I, along with another couple, had booked two rooms at another hotel in Copenhagen, but upon arriving there, they said there was a mix-up and sent us to the Imperial Hotel, telling us that they were sorry for the inconvenience but that we'd "enjoy the upgrade." The original hotel was in the area of the city we wanted, close to all the great old architecture and lots of cafes, as well as the canals. This hotel was a few blocks from Tivoli Gardens, in an area that had no charm, railroad tracks directly outside the door, and a lot of grit, grime, and noise.

The hotel is in an enormous building that also houses many shops, a restaurant (linked to the hotel), and a conference center. The lobby is bright and modern and clean, and it led us to believe that the rest of the hotel would be the same. This was not to be. The elevators are so small that each would only hold one person with two large suitcases. These elevators are also very s-l-o-w.

Once we reached our floor, we all agreed that it looked like either a college dormitory or a youth hostel --- long, narrow hallways painted white, with no artwork or sense of design. To reach our rooms, we had to traverse a very long hallway, then go up 5 steps (the bottom one being very tiny and a tripping hazard) and continue down another hallway. When we got to our rooms, our friends' card-key didn't work and they had to go back to the reception desk and get a new one.

The rooms were a decent size, with room to move around the bed, two chairs, a desk, a mini-fridge, and an average-sized closet that had shelves but no drawers. The bed was two twin beds, with separate bedding, pushed together to form a larger bed. The mattresses were extremely soft and squishy, with no support, and, instead of a blanket and top sheet, there was only a heavy, down-like comforter. The one pillow for each bed was very flat. During the night, the comforter was so hot that we both kept kicking it off, despite having the air-conditioner on. We could hear people walking above us and talking in the adjoining rooms.

The bathroom was very European, with a super-deep tub (my legs are short and I had trouble climbing over the tub's edge to get into and out of the shower without falling down) and a complicated system to turn the shower head on and off. There was no shower curtain, only a short glass section that did little to keep the shower spray from soaking the bathroom floor. There was no bath mat and the shower was slippery. When we finished using the shower, we had to mop up the floor before using the blow dryer. The toilet was very high off the floor and was difficult for me to use, since I am short. I can't imagine that a child could use it, nor could I imagine giving a child a bath safely in that very deep tub. Shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion were provided, as was soap for the shower, but no soap was provided for the bathroom sink. The bathroom door would not stay shut, so we kept putting a suitcase against it to hold it closed when one or the other of us went into the bathroom.

The view from our room was of a garage roof. The operable windows were large and the room had plenty of light.

The restaurant was very expensive. The four of us had pizza, two glasses of wine, a soda, and a beer, and the tab came to --- are you ready? --- almost $90 (American dollars). The food was good, but nothing to write home about.

Breakfast, which was not included in the price of the room, was a large buffet of just about anything you would want to eat for breakfast, from hard-boiled or scrambled eggs and bacon to cereals, oatmeal, fruits and vegetables, and lots of different kinds of breads and jams, as well as coffees, teas, and juices.

If you want to spend most of your time at Tivoli, this may be a good place for you to stay. However, if you want to walk around the canals, look at small and charming streets and shops, and stop in outdoor cafes, this is pretty far removed from all that. We don't have a lot of experience with hotels in Scandinavia, so perhaps this was typical. Even so, it felt a bit cheap and the bed was uncomfortable enough that I wouldn't recommend this hotel. We would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Mattresses are REALLY squishy and soft, and the pillows are flat. There is no top sheet, only a thi...