“It does the job!”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #51 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We booked our flights to Copenhagen and then had a nightmare trying to chose a hotel, sooo many to chose from. In the end we picked the Imperial and I am pleased that we did.

The location is good, short walk to the main area and everything really handy. The hotel rooms were lovely. They are a bit on the small side but when looking at reviews for lots of hotels, this was a common theme. There is a small wardrobe, iron, kettle, nice big bed and a dressing table. Bit weird that the only mirror was in the bathroom but it was fine. Bathroom is on the small side too but all in working order!! Rooms kept nice and clean and no complaints at all.

The comments about the lifts are true, they are small and rickety, but we didnt have any problems with them.

All in all a good hotel, nothing exceptional, but everything you need to do some sightseeing in Copenhagen.

3  Thank EmNGav

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Oh, dear. Such a sad state of affairs at this hotel that I am sure was once great. The location is very good, a short walk from the train station and the main square as well as there are some very good resturants around like Beef and Reef for meat and Frk.Barners kælder for typical Danish fare. There is also a 7/11 around the corner as well as a supermarket if you need to stock up. It is easy to get the buses around there as well. But location wont help this hotel much longer. The lobby is nice but once you hit the lifts you are in fear of your life. They are tiny and slow and old and keep getting stuck, I saw it happen for myself and was told it happened all the time. There were 4 people in there, packed tight and everyone was really uncomfortable, very understandable and it was not even the lift that has all the panelling ripped out so cables are hanging out. The hall ways are very worn out, treadbare carpets etc. In my room the mini bar did not work so everything was warm ( they did offer to move us but we had unpacked and did not bother), the beds are more then awful, they are so soft that my back just gave out. The pillows are just wayyyyy too soft and I had to put some towels under my head as well. Our window overlooked a bulding site of some sort, repairs going on I think and even if we were on the 5th floor we heard a lot of outside noise, I kept thinking the window was open but no, it was totally shut and still I heard a lot of noise. Bathroom was small and was both rusty and had mold in the tiles, low grade products on offer so do take your own. And also, make sure you take slippers, the carpet in there is filthy and no one wants to walk on that. The room itself felt clean tho so cudos to their cleaning staff. But I have the highest praise for the front desk staff, they were all wonderful, friendly and helpful. If it was not for them, I would not award this hotel any stars. They should think about moving their excellent services to a better hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank lisa026
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed there for one night in end of March 2013. Staff was nice at the check in and helpful when asked them questions. Hotel had a good atmosphere and seemed clean. The elevators however were not up to the standards, all three of them were very old, small, and one had ripped wallpaper with cords hanging out. We stayed on the second floor, the halls were a bit worn out, holes in the carpet, dirty walls here and there. The room however was nice, typical "scandinavian", as someone might say. Positive: double bed (actually double, not 2 beds together), mini fridge, very fast cable internet (although WiFi was very insufficient). Few negatives: the bathroom had rust on the sink and shower, the closet space was very small, so not for big winter jackets. In the middle of the wall was a big painting instead of a TV that was hanging over the desk (a bit strange since the room is for two people and there is only one small chair to sit in, if you of course want to watch some TV). And particularly in our room, either conditioner or the heater by the window was dripping water. Breakfast buffet was decent, very average selection, nothing special. Check out was less then a minute. Overall decent hotel, location was almost central, lots of staff whom seemed helpful and nice.

Room Tip: At the check in, an upgrade for a bigger room was available for 200 dnk per night.
1  Thank Nadia3189
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here couple of times in past few years but I will just review my recent stay. The main reason to choose this hotel is location, some of my clients' office are just near by, either just around the corner or a block away. Hard Rock Cafe is also few blocks away. Metro station is just across the street too.

I got a good but smallish room, why I find it small because before I got a bigger one in my previous stay

My arrangement is room only so no breakfast included but there are couple of good options of coffee shop in the vicinity opens as early as 7AM but on last day of my stay I chose to take the breakfast at the hotel, nice selection and not too expensive either.

The internet was not available in my room, but in the lobby WiFi is surely available and they also have a business center which is actually a do-it-yourself thing with three set of computers and a printer ready for use, free of charge.

Quite recommended

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Thank goodness for friendly staff. I have stayed at this hotel a few times/year for the last 3 years for business. We stay here only b/c the location is so good (a 2 min walk from the office, 15 min from airport, 5 from station)....but c'mon Imperial!! Eventually, your location will not be enough to keep people coming.

Overall - it is simply a worn hotel. Walls and furniture are marred and dirty. Lighting is terrible in the room (worse than most). Wifi is great but there are no power outlets near the bed!! I like to work in the eve while sitting on the bed and charge my phone and ipad. impossible here. I asked for an extension cord - they said they would bring one but never did.

The large windows that can be opened wide are great - i love the fresh air but be careful if you bring kids - you could easily fall out!

The bathroom has great lighting and while small, there is enough room for the average woman's toiletries (mine anyway!). Water pressure is decent although configuration is typical European narrow shower space. I needed a towel to be able to move the temperature knob.

Tomato soup was notably delicious!! But... bfst room service was lazy. Coffee but no milk/sugar as requested. Eggs arrived w/o a heating dome so they were cold....and felt like a sponge in my mouth (you know the type - typical buffet eggs...blech!), no salt and pepper. Bread was tasty, altho I didn't ask for it.

The elevators are painfully slow (and small). The doors actually "bounced" open/closed 3 times before they would close for good and take me to the floor I needed.

My first room smelled really musty - they gave me a new one which was much better - and they did it with a smile. Like someone else has already commented, the friendly staff (and location) saves the place. ..... just needs some INVESTMENT!

Room Tip: there are lots of long hallways so maybe near the elevator!
2  Thank ufgator27
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at Imperial hotel for 2 nights, the rooms are large and cosy, had twin beds in a room for one, bathroom was spotless, aircon was doing the job. The only unpleasant thing was the size of the elevators but that was compensated by their number,3. The staff was very helpful, pleasant and friendly. Thwe hotel is 10 minutes away from the main train station and across the road from a metro station so well placed. Recommended.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We arrived late at the evening. Stayed for three nights. The room we got was not cleaned, but the reseption staff gave us a new room and upgraded us for the whole stay. A big plus for exceptional service without trying to explane away the incident!

A big negative is for promoting beeing eco-friendly, but not acting as;
Stickers in the room telling us that only towels on the floor are beeing swapped. But all towels are swopped every day. New opend soap used for 1-2 times are swapped daily. Bottles of shampoo/shower gel/lotion are also swapped when nearly used!! Sharpen up!!

PRO
+Staff is very friendly and helpfull
+Rooms are clean and quiet
+Bathroom is nice. They have room with shower OR bathtube.
+Beds are good
+Flat screen
+Large windows
+Free WiFi - also in most of the rooms.
+Free LAN in all rooms. Cabels are connected in the room, just plug and surf :)
+Breakfast included. Nice hot/cold buffet with a various sortement. Really a good start of the day
+Central; 5min walk to train station, tivoli, restaurants, pedestrian street
+Fair and affordable prices.
+Good size of the rooms. The rooms in the end are longer, but less broad.
+Good italian restaurant with nice prices in the hotel

CONS:
-Not WiFi availibility in all room.
-Lots and lots of long corridoors
-Small elevators (but there are three of them and one is always there for you)
-Not enough lightning in the room.
-Not very enviromental-friendly

Room Tip: If you can afford it; upgrade your room - you're getting higher up, guaranteed wlan in the room...
2  Thank Oppdagerne