“Great location, very good rooms, breakfast not good”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #49 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I have stayed at least 15 nights at this hotel at different rooms in 2011. Mainly junior suite og superior rooms. I find the rooms above average when it comes to cleaning, design and sleep quality. The bathrooms have a good size and there is plenty of extra stuff. Generally a very fresh smell and very clean. Good a.c.

The location is obviously very good for tourists - 15 meters from an underground train station and two minutes walk from Tivoli etc.

The main problem with this hotel is the below average break fast. The bread is from a really poor baker, and although the selection of cuts and cheese etc seems wide is not quality food. I always avoid it or take breakfast elsewhere.

The staff is very good and very friendly. Of course it might play a role that I am a familiar face but I have noticed that they are helpfull with everyone.

Room service: I have not given it a very high rate. I have received room service 5-6 times and its generally not very satisfying and off course ridiculessly expensive.

3  Thank Under_many_stars
Robert_Thomsen, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for submitting your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read about your stay with us. Your comments on the breakfast and room service are taken into consideration.

I hope we are able to welcome you another time.

There are newer reviews for Imperial Hotel

Reviewed June 12, 2011

Don't be fooled by the opulent name or the four stars, there is nothing exclusive or royal about the hotel.

It is a very busy hotel, and they cut corners. When I was there, I was first placed on a floor under repair, with the pipes in the corridor ceiling exposed and paper number signs by the doors. The internet didn't work there, which they probably knew before I told them. The bathroom was clean, but could use some minor repairs.

If you breakfast after 9:30 it is awfully crowded and messy in the breakfast restaurant, and the buffet is half of what it was at 7 am.

I sleept quite well, good beds and black out curtains. Might be different with a room facing the street though.

The price level is normal for Copenhagen (I paid 150 EUR) and therefore it is not reasonable to expect wonders. I was satisfied with the room and with the service in general (i.e. apart from the breakfast chaos).

3  Thank wike123
Robert_Thomsen, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Dear Sirs
Thank you for submitting your comments on TripAdvisor.com
Our air condition has been under repair which is the reason for the exposed pipes in the corridor ceiling. The air condition is up and running again.
Your comment on our breakfast buffet is noted.
Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

On first night had to screw in toilet seat which was just sitting on top of toilet.
Before hanging suit in wardrobe had to wipe clean with tissues because it was filthy.
Tea selection at breakfast but no HOT WATER and staff unwilling to do anything about it.
Good central location but staff appalling and unwilling to fix problems.
I've stayed in two star hotels with better service and cleanliness.

4  Thank houseofix

Dear Sirs
Thank you for submitting your comments on TripAdvisor.com
I am very sorry to read about your stay with us. We have a high maintenance and cleaning standard and I am therefore somewhat surprised to read about your experience. I can only imagine that there has been an error on our part, which I regret.
Your comment about our breakfast and service is noted.
Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

Imperial is a stylish four star hotel in the centre of Copenhagen. Please do not expect too much of the breakfast - for Scandinavian standard a rather small and basic buffet.

2  Thank Sjurontour

Thank you for submitting your comments on TripAdvisor.com
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

Here are my summary of Imperial Hotel Copenhagen:
5 star location (close to both metro & train station)
4 star breakfast buffet (those hot dish is the best)
3 star accommodation (overall service quality vs your budget)
2 star atmosphere (the air conditioner is malfunction?!)
1 star bike (no bike is suitable for Asian)

Room Tip: should request a allergy friendly room in advance!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank siupolam

Thank you for submitting your comments on TripAdvisor.com
I'm glad to hear that you had a good stay. It is correct that our air condition has been under repair, but works fine again.

Reviewed June 5, 2011

We had a long weekend at the Imperial. The hotel is fairly modern and very clean. The room we had was quite large with a big comfotable bed, LCD TV with lots of channels, minibar, desk and chair and a couple of easy chairs. The bathroom had a bath and shower. There was not much of a view but we were out most of the time anyway.

Breakfast is good, continental style with the addition of bacon, eggs and fried potatos and delicious Danish pastries.

The staff at the hotel are very firendly and helpful. The only problem we had was on the last morning of our stay when workmen started drilling before 8am. We called reception and they sorted it out straight away. The workmen were contractors who had ignored instructions not to start early.

The location of the hotel is perfect, a couple of minutes walk from the main railway station and there is a local S-train station (Vesterport) opposite the hotel. There are lots of bars and restaurants close by as is Tivoli and the main shopping streets. Copehagen is a beautiful city with some great shops, brewpubs and restaurants. I recommend the canal tour. We found it easy to get around the city on foot. We really enjoyed our trip to Copenhagen and would stay at the Imperial again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tedlooney

Thank you for submitting your comments on TripAdvisor.com
It is a pleasure to read about your stay in Copenhagen and at the hotel. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you another time.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Stayed here for a weekend. The location is pretty good, conveniently close to the central station.

We had a superior room, which was a good size. However it was in the second floor and had a view of the courtyard - a parking place. Not a pretty sight.

The breakfast was ok, the usual selection, nothing special. Very very busy though, people were lining up at 9 o'clock and seem to be waiting for a while. The staff at the breakfast room was not very efficient at cleaning up the tables. A lot of the chairs were broken, had big holes in the back - not what one would excpect to see in a 4 star hotel.

Overall I think the price we paid (appr. 450 eur/2 nights) was a lot for the quality.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Pilvi
Robert_Thomsen, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for submitting your comments on TripAdvisor.

I'm sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. Located in the heart of Copenhagen, the view is limited, but we have many rooms facing the other side.

As you've noticed we've had some busy weekends, which sometimes results in that we can not seat all at the same time in our breakfast restaurant. We do however all we can to minimize waiting times.

In addition we have started to re-cover the abovementioned broken chairs.

Thanks again for your comments, which I have taken to me.