Copenhagen Strand(Copenhagen)
Ibsens Hotel(Copenhagen)
$156
$132
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$189
$171
$156
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$217
$174
Official Hotel Site
  • Breakfast included
1,068 results
All reviewsshared bathroomtrain stationthe red light districteconomy roombudget hoteltivoli gardensprivate bathyogurtexpensive cityminute walkperfect locationtwin roomcold cutsmain stationpublic transportcity centresink
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I stayed here for one night, before leaving and taking the train to Copenhagen Airport. I didn't want to have to go to far with my luggage and risk getting to the airport behind schedule!

Getting here is super-easy - exit the central train station on the side entrance (opposite Tivoli), and walk a block over. It's around the corner from the Jernbane Ol (cafe/bar). There's a cool art-deco style neon sign out front that says "Missionshotellet Nebo"... which is nice to know, as I was looking for a sign that said "City Hotel Nebo" and kept walking past it!

The rooms were CHEAP, I got a room for $98USD with combined single beds (like full/queen) and private bathroom. For being this close to the central station, that's amazing! If you want a smaller room and don't mind a shared bathroom, they're even cheaper. The room is pretty basic, with a desk, cabinet/closet, night stands, and flat-screen TV with lots of local and international channels. It is an older building and has that feel, in a good way... it has really good sound-proofing, better than many newer hotels and hostels I've stayed in around Europe. A big window overlooked a rear garden, so I didn't have to worry about road noise. The bed was fine, not too bad , but like all other hotels in the region, and a note to other Americans staying there - they do not have a secondary sheet between the fitted sheet and the comforter. The morning breakfast was standard European fare (bread, eggs, meats, cereal, coffee, juices), and there was a free internet computer near the front desk. Usually people would be queuing up to use it though, but there was Wi-Fi that you could pay for in the room.

The bathroom was small and the shower was basically a shower curtain hanging around a corner. It felt like showering in a place the size of an airplane bathroom, and the nozzle was spraying water everywhere. Since it's just a curtain in the corner, it got the whole floor soaking wet and was a bit frustrating walking in water when getting ready in the morning. Also, the elevator was not working, which isn't that big of a deal, but made hauling the luggage up three flights of stairs a bit frustrating. They said that the elevator should be fixed in the next month or so, and they do offer luggage assistance during certain hours of the day if you need it to get your bags up and down stairs.

And something not bad, but odd - you have to drop your key off at the front desk when you leave the hotel. They give it back when you come back in, but I don't understand why you have to do this??

Despite those negatives, though, I would absolutely stay here again. It's in probably the best location for the price, and I will deal with a weird shower and no elevator for a good price and location!

Also, a note in the room stated that staying at City Hotel Nebo helps fund local humanitarian and recovery efforts in Denmark. I don't know what that means... but it made me feel good about doing something to support local efforts than just paying to a major hotelchain.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2010

The hotel is located about half a block from the main train station in Copenhagen, if you leave from the side stairs. It is within walking distance of the city hall square and most of the attractions, including Tivoli. Unlike many train stations, the one in Copenhagen seemed very safe, there were no undesirables hanging around. I got a larger room with a sofa and desk. One of the windows opened to help cool, as there was no air conditioning, but I think it would be hot in the summer. The room itself was modern, with a very small bathroom. I could hear the next inhabitant pulling toilet paper, so the walls were not that thick; I could hear noise in the hallway too. The hotel has the annoying old European custom of the big brass key fob that you have to leave at the front desk; I prefer key cards. I had to unplug the bar fridge to plug in a laptop at the desk. There was an in-room safe that was too small for a small laptop. There was a charge for WiFi. The hotel is good for a quick stay because of its proximity to the train station.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Stayed at this hotel with my 7 yr old daughter while trying to make our way home to Germany after being stranded in Sweden because of the volcano. The first night we stayed at Hotel Tiffany but needed something cheaper the second night. Visited the Hotel Nebo the day we arrived after friends and husband suggested it from reviews. Hotel staff said the only room they had available for the two of us the following night was a quad room despite having just talked to my husband who found availablity for a double online. After speaking to unhelpful sdtaff, husband went ahead and booked the double online for me. When checking in the next day, staff toom awhile to find my reservation which had me a little nervous but they eventually found it.
Our room was an economy double with out bath. The room could use some updating but for the price that was to be expected. There was a since, mirror, wardrobe, desk, chair and plenty of outlets in the room. We were on the inner court yard side. The comforter on the bed was badly stained. Thankfully it ended up being very comfortable though and we slept well even though we could here the neighbors tv through our wall. Shared bathrooms were not a problem and very clean. Breakfast was included and served in the dining area downstairs.
Location of this hotel is wonderful. If you walk down the steps and out the back door (opposite side from Tivoli) of the main train station, the hotel is just up the street from the 711. Very quick and easy to find. We never had any problems in this area and did not run into the gentlemen's clubs or prostitutes some other have mentioned.
This hotel may seem expensive but Copenhagen is a very expesive city and this hotel is actually an excellant price considering what a typical room in this city costs. If we end up back in Copenhagen, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights in an economy room, the room itself was plenty big enough for the two of us, the bed covers very warm. they had the typical European set up of 2 singles pushed together and we very nearly slipped between them a few times. The room had a decent sized wardrobe, desk, tv - with plenty of english language channels. There was room service offered by a local Domino's Pizza but the 7/11 two doors down there was no need. The only complaint we had room wise was that after the 2nd night our dirty towels were no changed. Apart from that it was great. For breakfast you really had to time it right, or wait around a bit as they were replenishing items regularly. But the selection was great - several different cereals, loads of different types of fresh bread/rolls, meat, cheese, jam, honey etc, as well as boiled eggs & fruit.
Location wise was perfect also - literally 30 seconds out of Central Station to the door of the hotel (the hotel is the opposite side of the train station to tivoli (which along with the carlsberg glyptotek is a matter of minutes away). they also have screens in reception with live flight schedules and a rack of discount cards for popular museums & attractions.
Would definitely stay there again - great hotel if travelling on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I stayed in Hotel Nebo twice, in July 2009 and again in August 2009.

LOCATION
Within walking distance to the main attractions of the city and just 5 minutes to the Central Station. If you´re coming from the airport, it is a 15-minute trip by train. I´ve read in other reviews that the hotel is in the "red zone", but I definitely haven´t seen any prostitutes or something like that nearby. The area is very safe. I arrived late almost everyday and haven´t had any problems concerning security.
(Just one tip: don´t miss the opportunity of having a meal in Bryggeriet Apollo, a restaurant and brewery in Vesterbrogade, near Tivoli. They have special beers, that change every month. The food is amazing, specially the beef).

ROOMS
In my first stay, in July 2009, I spent one night at the hotel. I had a single room with bathroom. The room was a little bit warm, because the weather was hot, and there is no fan or air conditioning (reasonable for a cold weather country...). The room and bathroom were very clean. The only problem is that this room had windows to the main street, so it can be a little noisy if you let the windows open. The bathroom was ok, but I didn´t like the shower place (the curtain made it a little bit dark).
The room I got on August 2009 was very nice. It had a closet area so I had lots of space. Its windows were to the garden, so no noise at all.
Some corridors may be narrow, but this was not a problem.
There are cheaper rooms, without bathroom, and I think they are fine. I´ve seen one of them while the maid was cleaning it, and I think it was OK (a bit small, but OK). The common bathrooms were always clean, so I think it is not a big deal staying in a room without bathroom if you are in a budget.
There is wi fi in the rooms, but you have to pay. The connection in the first room (that with windows for the main street) was poor, but in the other room it was very good. You may use the internet in the computers at the lobby area, for free.

BREAKFAST
The breakfast in Hotel Nebo is really amazing. The hot chocolate was perfect and everyday the bread was fresh and warm! By the way, the danish bread is the best I ever had... There were fresh fruits, yogurt, juice, different types of bread, home made jam, cheese...

SERVICE
The staff is OK. As I come from a latin american country, in my first stay it was a little strange. The Danish are very objective, so don´t expect a warm reception from them. But everybody was very helpful and did well their work.

PRICE
In Copenhagen, even the hostels are expensive. This hotel may seem expensive for a latin american, but it is really cheap if you compare its prices to other hotels in the expensive Copenhagen...

When I come back to Copenhagen I will stay again in Hotel Nebo, definitely!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo