Copenhagen Strand(Copenhagen)
$552
$532
Otel.com
1,069 results
All reviewsshared bathroomtrain stationthe red light districteconomy roombudget hoteltivoli gardensprivate bathyogurtexpensive cityminute walkperfect locationtwin roomcold cutsmain stationpublic transportcity centresink
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is a great value for anyone staying in Copenhagen. It's in a fabulous location within walking distance to almost all major attractions. We are a family of 6 and stayed in two - three person rooms. We opted for the shared bath due to cost and it tuned out much better than expected! There were two well maintained bathrooms on our floor with only 6 rooms. With all 6 of us we didn't have one wait once for the bathroom in the two days we stayed there. Staff were extremely helpful and called us private transposition to our cruise which was barely more than the public way. Breakfasts were excellent quality and plent of offerings to satisfy our family with 4 kids. I would stay the again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in April 2013 for two nights.

The hotel was ok; the twin room was large, with a double bed each for my friend and I which was a bit of a luxury! I found the breakfast to be adequate; nothing fancy, but enough to set you up for the day (boiled eggs, cheese, bread/ toast, cereal, coffee).

The area in which the hotel is located is good and bad! Its conveniently close to the train station, BUT its a horrible area, with lots of dodgy looking people hanging around everywhere.

Overall, it was alright, but I wouldn't stay at a hotel in this area of Copenhagen again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hampton1013
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Copenhagen is an expensive city and we found this hotel to be great for our needs. We traveled with two children and had a large room with private bath. You have to pay for WIFI which was the only negative. Other than that staff is great and accommodating and being close to the central station was great for getting in and out of the city with luggage. We stayed a total of four nights. There are nicer hotels but they are more expensive and we prefer just to sleep in a hotel room that is basic and clean and a good place to explore the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel while passing through Copenhagen in 2012

Pros
- Good value for money in a very expensive city.
- Great location, in walking distance to most areas of the city.
- Decent, OK maintained rooms.

Cons:
- Dormatory Style rooms, even though it was single room it seemed more like a university dorm room with a bed in it.
- Blinds- I wouldn't usually complain about something like this, but the drape was semi transparent and there was no air conditioning or ventilation in the room. In the morning when the sun was coming in, the room became like a bright sauna and it was impossible to sleep.
- Lots of noise coming from the adjacent street - many prostitutes standing outside in the surrounding areas.
- Breakfast was terrible. It was 4 different kinds of bread and orange juice. No bacon, eggs, fruit or anything of the likes.

Overall
-Not the greatest hotel in my experience. Wouldn't go back. If you can handle sleeping in extreme conditions, I might recommend going here, but it definitely lacks comfort.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Staffs were very helpful and friendly.
Great location, just a few minutes walk from the main train station.
Room was okay, but I found bedbugs on my mattress. The room had this moldy, pungent and unpleasant smell. For that rate, right in the middle of the city, what else do you need?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo