“Excellent value in Copenhegen”
Review of Hotel Nebo

Hotel Nebo
Ranked #58 of 119 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is a great value for anyone staying in Copenhagen. It's in a fabulous location within walking distance to almost all major attractions. We are a family of 6 and stayed in two - three person rooms. We opted for the shared bath due to cost and it tuned out much better than expected! There were two well maintained bathrooms on our floor with only 6 rooms. With all 6 of us we didn't have one wait once for the bathroom in the two days we stayed there. Staff were extremely helpful and called us private transposition to our cruise which was barely more than the public way. Breakfasts were excellent quality and plent of offerings to satisfy our family with 4 kids. I would stay the again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in April 2013 for two nights.

The hotel was ok; the twin room was large, with a double bed each for my friend and I which was a bit of a luxury! I found the breakfast to be adequate; nothing fancy, but enough to set you up for the day (boiled eggs, cheese, bread/ toast, cereal, coffee).

The area in which the hotel is located is good and bad! Its conveniently close to the train station, BUT its a horrible area, with lots of dodgy looking people hanging around everywhere.

Overall, it was alright, but I wouldn't stay at a hotel in this area of Copenhagen again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hampton1013
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Copenhagen is an expensive city and we found this hotel to be great for our needs. We traveled with two children and had a large room with private bath. You have to pay for WIFI which was the only negative. Other than that staff is great and accommodating and being close to the central station was great for getting in and out of the city with luggage. We stayed a total of four nights. There are nicer hotels but they are more expensive and we prefer just to sleep in a hotel room that is basic and clean and a good place to explore the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel while passing through Copenhagen in 2012

Pros
- Good value for money in a very expensive city.
- Great location, in walking distance to most areas of the city.
- Decent, OK maintained rooms.

Cons:
- Dormatory Style rooms, even though it was single room it seemed more like a university dorm room with a bed in it.
- Blinds- I wouldn't usually complain about something like this, but the drape was semi transparent and there was no air conditioning or ventilation in the room. In the morning when the sun was coming in, the room became like a bright sauna and it was impossible to sleep.
- Lots of noise coming from the adjacent street - many prostitutes standing outside in the surrounding areas.
- Breakfast was terrible. It was 4 different kinds of bread and orange juice. No bacon, eggs, fruit or anything of the likes.

Overall
-Not the greatest hotel in my experience. Wouldn't go back. If you can handle sleeping in extreme conditions, I might recommend going here, but it definitely lacks comfort.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Staffs were very helpful and friendly.
Great location, just a few minutes walk from the main train station.
Room was okay, but I found bedbugs on my mattress. The room had this moldy, pungent and unpleasant smell. For that rate, right in the middle of the city, what else do you need?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I found Nebo city Hotel to be a real GEM in a hotel jungle, I can't believe it hasn't gotten more flattering reviews because I thought it was SUPER!!! I have stayed in that area of Copenhagen many times and tried several hotels but the Nebo is the best by far and I will stay there on my future trips. The breakfast wasn't a huge spread but it didn't cost like one either. It offered a lovely array of high quality sandwich makings, soft boiled eggs, juices, cerials, yogurt and a GREAT coffee machine that even made le creme coffee.. My room was WONDERFUL. Clean, comfortable with a nice big window that opened. I was there in early July and not too warm at all even though I was on the top floor. Good TV channel selection as well. The staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. Like I say, The Nebo is a real gem, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The top floor has fewer rooms and therefore less people you share a bathroom with and the bathrooms...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Our family of four recently stayed here for three nights while in Copenhagen before leaving on a cruise. It was a great value and had a very convenient location near the train station which made getting around quite easy. The staff spoke English, was friendly, and the rooms were clean and a good size. It is nothing fancy but was exactly what we wanted. Convenient. Clean. Friendly. Had every service we wanted, including breakfast, and at a very reasonable price. We found it due to a very favorable review in the Rick Steves guidebook and were quite satisfied. Taking the Metro, which leaves from the nearby train station, to the cruise ship terminal was very easy and saved us much time and expense over the cost of a taxi or a similar service from the cruise line.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family