“Good enough”

Ranked #51 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
La Paz, Bolivia
“Good enough”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The proximity to the central station is great, walking distance. The staff were a bit cold, so no good first impression there, but the rest very clean and although the walls were paper-thin, i think the cost-benefit were good enough, i would use it again in my next short visit in CPH.

Room Tip: try to ask for rooms close to the wash area
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Obviously I booked this hotel because, by Copenhagen standards, it is incredibly cheap. I was prepared for it to be bad, but never in my wildest dreams could I have predicted just how bad it would be. It was more like a night shelter than a hotel. Prisons have better rooms.

The room (a single room) is tiny. Room for a single bed and to walk around it. It's basically a larger room divided into at least two by a paper thin partition so that you can hear absolutely everything happening next door. Because the hotel allows dogs, this included 5 hours of non-stop barking from the dog locked up in the next room. Also about 3 hours of some Danish police drama the guy next door was watching until 2am.

The room was decorated like a squat. You could almost taste the crystal meth.

The bed was a bare mattress with a thin foam mattress on top that had a single sheet on it. I'm not sure how you define a pillow, but I imagine there has to be a thickness criterion to differentiate it from a tiny duvet. If there is such a criterion, this "pillow" failed to achieve it.

Courtyard outside was noisy. Showers are shared, and tolerable. There are only 2 toilets for about 10 rooms (at a guess).

It's cheap but it comes at a cost to your soul. You will forever be cheapened by the experience of staying at this place. I've spent the last 3 days in a cold shower with a steel scouring pad and I still feel tainted.

ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE.

Room Tip: This hotel is a vortex of despair. Avoid all rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Peter T

Travelers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had booked our stay at the hotel three months in advance. When we arrived, our room wasn’t ready. Returning 6 hours later, we were informed that they were full and we were sent to a hotel down the block. The new hotel was fine, but Nebo could be a problem for someone arriving late at night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LucyLu_Texas
Svendborg, Denmark
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I spent one night in this hotel and arrived late and left quite early. I had a room on the second floor facing the inner court yard and shared bath room (washing sink in the room). To me it was fine value for money and was just what I needed - a quiet night, an okay bed and low price. I would go again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I had booked the room with attached toilet. The room was too small for it s price and wifi was damn expensive.

The worst part was that the staff was so rude that when I complained about the condition of the room and told them to shift me to another room they started shouting back and it come to a situation where she threatned me to that she will call the police if I do not go back to my room.

The worst customer service I have ever seen in any hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank NeeAva
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I flew in from far east to visit my client in Herning. As Cimber Air for some reason went bankrupt I had to catch the 6am train to meet the arranged schedule.
I booked this hotel purely for its price at this location, plus I saw some reviews on Taiwanese blogs saying that it's a great option for people with limited budget.
So I went. Building is quite old and tiny. The shower room indeed looked a bit old and unpleasant. The worst thing is that I had to pay DKK 99 for wifi access!!! I was expecting free wifi given that people said it's good for people with a tight budget. So if you're expecting to use wifi please be aware. When the room rate and wifi cost add up, the room is indeed not as budget as it looks like.
I have stayed in another hotel in Copenhagen after visiting my client and I discovered that there are indeed much better choices even though you're on that budget. Won't come back for the expensive wifi unless I have to catch a super early train again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Annie Y
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Hotel is located just behind the Central Railway Station, which is handy when arriving from airport by train. But bare in mind that the street used to be quite rought so still some prostitution and drug trafficing can be seen later on the street. However I felt safe walking the street as a single female, but might not choose the location with kids or if elderly.

Rooms were really basic and scruffy. Bed and pillow were not comfortable. Walls be really thin so that everything could be heard from other rooms and corriodore.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo