2,778 results
All reviews city hall clock tower tivoli gardens great location central location the main shopping street superior room breakfast was included train station small balcony national museum baltic cruise third floor hop on hop off bus street noise breakfast room yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2015

This is a very Modena hotel , clean lines of what you expect from a. Scandinavian Hotel , boutique , breakfast included in the room rate , vending machines (nice ones) for most other things. Bar prices are a little high but that's another Scandinavian thing . New stayed here in May 2014

Room tip: Big hotel but still retains a friendly atmosphere
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
MadsBrockmann, Manager at Scandic Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2015

Dear Mary S

Thank you for staying with us at Scandic palace Hotel.

I hope you had a great while staying with us back in 2014.

Reviewed August 2, 2015

My husband booked the Presidential Suite for a surprise birthday weekend in Copenhagen. We checked in and when we got to the suite, he seemed disappointed stating this wasn't the room he booked. He returned to the front desk to show his confirmation and was told that the Presidential Suite wasn't available due to a problem in the room and thus we were moved to a different, smaller suite. It's understandable - things happen - however, the hotel never notified us in any way that our reservation was modified and we weren't given the opportunity to agree to the rate. He had also requested a crib and that wasn't in the room.
After we finally settled, we attempted to order room service. We phoned the restaurant several times but there was no answer. After confirming the opening hours on the menu, we called the front desk and they told us it was closed only to phone us back 10 minutes later just as my husband was heading out the door for takeaway to tell us that it was indeed, open.
The room itself was fine - comfortable and functional. It was quite loud. We didn't face the main square so we didn't have street noise but we did have the clock tower ringing every quarter hour and we could easily hear our neighbours in their room. Sound proofing would be beneficial.
The location is this hotel's best feature - it's very central. It was an easy 10 minute walk from the train station (which takes you directly to the airport.) Shopping, restaurants, Tivoli are right on the doorstep.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
MadsBrockmann, Manager at Scandic Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2015

Dear JJReid1030

Thank you for staying with us while traveling with family.

I hope you and your family had a great time while staying with us despite the mentioned problems, which I sincerely have to apologize for!

The way our front desk handled the situation is not okay. I will forward this to our Front Office manager which will take care about this particular case. When downgrading from a Suite to a Junior Suite we of cause in someway should agree with you about compensation. If you could please get back to me at mads.brockmann@scandichotels.com

Mads Brockman

Reviewed August 2, 2015

I was concerned on the hotel selection based on few reviews I read. My experience with the hotel was just perfect. We arrived at the airport, we took the train to the main central station and walked out about three blocks to reach the hotel... the location is on the right spot to walk the city. The rooms, the ambience, the breakfast and wifi ....all up to the expectation. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Dear Luis C

Thank you for staying with us at Scandic Palace Hotel.

I am happy to read that everything here at the hotel met the expectations you had! As you mention our central location makes it ideal for exploring the city.

I hope I have a chance to welcome you back at the hotel anytime in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2015

The Scandic Palace Hotel is in the perfect location. It is just steps from Tivoli Gardens and just around the block from the train station. One may take the train directly from the airport for just a few dollars. When leaving the station, just across from Tivoli Gardens one will see the clock tower and follow that around Tivoli to the hotel. The hotel is located just across from a large plaza and the town hall where free walking tours begin. It is within walking distance of most of the attractions in the city. The breakfast is great and setting lovely. The rooms are comfortable and have a nice size bath. Just beware that there is a glass door and water may run down to the floor. This is corrected by putting an extra towel down to catch the water so the tile does not get slippery. The sink is smaller than those in the US; however, just run the water more slowly. The free wifi works good. They are happy to look over your luggage before or after you check out. Elevators are a little slower; however, we used the stairs most of the time. There are many shops and restaurants just steps away. The clock chimes from 8:00 to midnight; however, this never bothered us!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cac1234

Dear Cac1234

Thank you for staying with us, as well for taking time to forward your comments. I highly appreciate it!

I am happy you found our location ideal for your needs, and I hope you managed to see what you wanted while being in Copenhagen. As you mention we are very centrally located which makes it easy to reach almost every major attraction.

Regarding the problem with your shower, we are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.

I hope I have a chance to welcome you back anytime in the future!

Reviewed July 31, 2015

The central location makes this hotel attractive. This hotel is in a classic building, which is also the reason of the noise problems. You hear everything from the neighbouring rooms. Restaurant and bar are ok, the breakfast is super.

Room tip: Take a superior room if you can afford you.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
MadsBrockmann, Manager at Scandic Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2015

Dear Hanneke S

I am happy you enjoyed our central location as well our included breakfast buffet.

- The windows in all rooms facing the City Hall Square have been replaced with new ones, to prevent noise. Within short time we will upgrade all other exterior windows as well, to offer the best in-room feel as possible.