Scandic Palace Hotel
$246
Hotel Tiffany(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Breakfast included
Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen(Copenhagen)
$245
$203
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Avenue Hotel Copenhagen(Frederiksberg)(Great Value!)
$168
$159
$151
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
66 Guldsmeden - Guldsmeden Hotels(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
$139
$199
$171
Official Site
2,390 results
All reviewscity hallclock towertivoli gardensgreat locationthe main shopping streetcentral locationsuperior roomsmall balconytrain stationbreakfast was includednational museumthird floorbaltic cruisenice bathroomhop on hop off busstreet noiseyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My stay was less than 9 hours but still a pleasant experience. Checked in after midnight and left the next morning. Only word of feedback is that I'm not a big fan of the rain water shower unit. I prefer to control the direction of the water and the hand held unit just isn't the same. This is just a personal preference.... Still I like this hotel with its grand corridors and I will be back.

Stayed: July 2014
PalaceHotelCph, Manager at Scandic Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2014

Dear mrscmac2b,

Thank you very much for staying with us this summer!

- Even if your stay with us was very brief, I am pleased to read you had a good relaxing nights sleep.

Rain water showers are usually very popular, however everyone has their own preference - for this reason all showers are installed with a hand held option as well.

I hope to see you back with us again, and send you my very best.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Arrived before lunch from Paris and got a pleasant surprise to be told that our room was ready and available. We were given a room on the 4th floor with skylights - nice and light and airy and unusually large as well. Location was perfect - booked a castle tour and found the pick up point was just across the road beside the Town Hall. How easy was that! Down beside the hotel was a closed off street which went for miles with every type of shop you could imagine. My wife had a ball and we certainly helped out the local economy. We could thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A room on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear DuncanSydney,

Thank you very much for staying with us while visiting Copenhagen!

I am very happy to read you had a relaxing stay and it does seem like you had an overall great time here in Copenhagen.

- Yes, the shopping street "Stroget" is a very popular place to visit, ant it brings forward options of every taste. Thank you for "chipping in" it is very much appreciated!

I wish you all the very best and hope to welcome you back with us once again!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Its an easy walk from the train station where the train from the airport arrives. The hotel is typical in many ways for an historic hotel, the cheapest rooms look to be very tiny by American standards, difficult for two people to stay in unless they are very much in love. Although we are very much in love, we upgraded to a queen bed with a reasonably spacious room that looked directly out at the monument and City Hall. We had a door opened to a tiny balcony that was great for watching people in the square below. The amenities were modern, the room perfectly clean, and a very nice breakfast. We were able to walk to almost any site in the City Center, and had great access to public transit as well.

Room Tip: I would pay a bit extra for a room higher up with a view of the plaza.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GoHawks5

Dear GoHawks5,

Thank you very much for staying with us while in Copenhagen!

I am happy you upgraded to one of our many rooms overlooking the City Hall Square, as this offers fantastic views of a vibrant and urban city.

I very much hope to see you back with us again, and wish you all the best!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The location of this hotel is what sells this hotel. You're right in the middle of everything and walking distance to everything else. We were able to check in even though we arrived around 11:30am which was great. We had a room with a king bed and while the beds were very comfortable, the blanket was smaller than the bed and we wound up sleeping next to each other in the center of the bed...strange. There is coffee and tea service, a refrigerator/mini bar, free wifi, and one complimentary bottle of water. Housekeeping could have done a much better job with respect to cleanliness. There was a glass door to the bathroom with smudges all over the door, toilet had stains and TV screen and surfaces did not feel clean. The shower is awkward, you can use either the handheld or the shower head mounted on the ceiling which is okay except, the drain in the bathtub was very slow so while you shower, you're standing in a puddle of dirty water. I called to the front desk to have this rectified and they came right away with a plunger, but it really didn't help much. My daughter in the next room said her shower also drained very slowly. We had a room facing the inside courtyard so we didn't experience any street noise, but you can clearly hear the clock chime every 15 minutes. Also troubling was the fact that we were located adjacent to the elevator bank. We heard banging noise from the elevator constantly. There are two elevators, one where you actually have to pull open a door to enter. we got stuck between floors for a few moments one evening taking that elevator. Service was very friendly at this property.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank chirish61

Dear chirish61,

Thank you very much for staying with us, and as well for forwarding your feedback!

I am happy to hear your room was available for an early check-in, housekeeping works very hard to secure this in the best possible way as our visitors abroad appreciate this when been travelling for any hours.

Unfortunately though that the bed sheet seemed to small, a clear mistake on our part!

In regards to your observations on the housekeeping standard, it is quite unusual we get this feedback - however please accept my deepest apologies for this, it clearly did not match our standards and expected levels of cleaning!

The elevators are "hot topic" - some people like them some don´t. The hotel is categorized protected landmark due to its fascinating history and architecture. For this reason some things are not to be changes - the elevators are here to stay, and we update them on regular basis with paint and new carpets so the look welcoming.

The elevators are old however 100% safe to use, this includes the very delicate and sensitive safety cells monitoring the doorway - if you get too close to the doors, they instantly as a safety feature stop the elevators for a short while.

I am really sorry if this was an unpleasant experience, however I can assure you, it it only there to ensure a safe ride.

I wish you all the very best and hope to see you back!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We only spent one night in Copenhagen on this trip so we chose the Palace Hotel so that we'd be close to everything in the centre. It's a very short walk to the main railway station (where the trains from the airport arrive) and close to Tivoli and the main shopping areas.

The hotel itself is very grand from the outside and the interior has been nicely refurbished. Our standard room was up in the roof of one of the side wings and quite small but comfortable. I was quite amazed that they'd managed to fit a large bath into the bathroom, a shower might have been more practical but (from reading reviews on here) apparently lots of people are deeply offended if their room doesn't have a bath. The sides of the bath are quite high so shorter people may have problems climbing in and out of it, there are handrails though.

Several of the fixtures in the room were broken, it's unclear whether the previous guests had been particularly clumsy or that maintenance isn't quite good enough. But the bed was large and comfortable and we slept well. The air conditioning didn't seem to be particularly effective, so we slept with the window open.

Breakfast was included in our rate and was quite OK but I wouldn't have paid 165 DKK/person for it.

The staff, especially at reception, were friendly and helpful.

Overall a perfectly OK hotel but not as fancy as the exterior would lead you to believe.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the internal courtyard are quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OrangeWindies

Dear OrangeWindies,

Thank you for staying with us while travelling to Copenhagen!

I am very happy to read you overall enjoyed your stay with us.

- Regrettable some fixtures seems to have been broken, this is simply not good enough, however I can assure this is not our normal standard as things when broken or in need of replacement happens from day to day.

Copenhagen this summer has been unusually hot with temperatures climbing above 30+ for several days straight. We do have centralized AC however I must admit for a shorter period this summer, the system was working overtime due to the unusually hot weather.

I am happy to let you know we have decided now to include breakfast in all our rates, being a positive add on to many of our visitors.

I wish you all the very best and hope to see you back with us again.