“One of Denmark'sfinest hotels in the heart of Copenhagen” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scandic Palace Hotel

Scandic Palace Hotel
Ranked #19 of 114 Hotels in Copenhagen
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“One of Denmark'sfinest hotels in the heart of Copenhagen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I frequently travel for business to Copenhagen. This is one of the finest hotel's in Copenhagen I have stayed in. Of course the price is a little higher but it's worth the location and the service of the hotel. Copenhagen's main shopping street just starts from the hotel's location. One can just enjoy good evening walks on this street. Just 10 mins walk from Copenhagen central station with rooms facing the main square and the Cathedral this hotel is just a delight to stay in.

Hotel offers a yummy and healthy breakfast. The service is impeccable. I have stayed for more than 4 times now in this property and each time my stay was pleasant due to the staff. I would like to specially mention Danielle who was of great assistance during each of my stay. I believe its people like Danielle which makes Palace Hotel one of the best in Copenhagen.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for any purpose, business or pleasure to anyone travelling to Copenhagen.

Room Tip: I like rooms with views to the city but if you want quiet then you can request for rooms facing the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
ctyankee20
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

nice renovated historic physical plant. great location. Rooms decent sized and modernly done. breakfast buffet while not cheap was plentiful and of high quality. I asked for a little concierge type help and after a little bit of a mixed start they were helpful and did what i needed. I would come back for leisure. Think the hotel would be a nice place to stay and a good base for exploring Copenhagen.

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor room facing the square which would have and amazing view. they could not gi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed at the Palace Hotel once in 2011 for a short duration and once again in 2012 for a long duration (2 weeks). The pros: beautiful interior - historic entry and staircase with modern, clean rooms. The breakfast area is nice with a variety of choices each morning. Granted, one gets a little tired of eating eggs, mushrooms, and bacon after 13 breakfasts in the same place, but it's still good. The bar is wonderful with good food and good service. The rooms overall are comfortable and clean with fairly spacious closets and some with large bathrooms. The cons (speaking of the bathrooms): Some of the bathrooms are very small and cramped on the main floor. If you're used to a standard shower as an American abroad, not all bathrooms have them. Many of the bathrooms feature the adjustable / removable showerheads and a half partition on the bath. I don't mind it, but again, many do. The biggest con about the hotel is the outside light and noise. This truly depends on which floor and which side you are on. In the front, you will get noise from the plaza and if you're up in the 3rd or 4th floor, you may get light pouring in. You'll also hear the clock tower loudly going off in any room. I didn't mind being on the 4th floor as I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, but the drunken revelers in the plaza were loud enough one night to wake me up. Overall, you can't beat the location of the hotel as it's right by the Stroget and within short distance of the Central station. I prefer this hotel over the "Copenhagen" which is closer to the lakes, but honestly, it's a toss up since the Copenhagen was remodeled recently.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was in business trip in Copenhagen last week and decided to stay somewhere else than normally. I chose Palace and was really happy about it even my "normal" hotel has been really good.

The personnel was really nice there. In our own travel-booking system I put that I need allergic room because I can´t stay in rooms with wall-to-wall carpet. That information wasn´t sent to Palace, and they had there some renovation going on. But still with some effort from personnel and some tiny effort of me, I got so beautiful room with wooden floor. With nice view of rooftops and clock towers. So I would certainly recommend this hotel.

It is located beside the Town hall just in the beginning of Stroget, the walking area in the city center. Also Tivoli is across the square.

Be aware that this is also Scandic hotel but taxi drivers don´t might know that and they drive you to the wrong place, which is also quite near the Town hall.

There is also health center but I didnt visit there. Breakfast was all good Scandinavian breakfast with fruit, veges, youghurt, eggs, bacon, sausages, bedrolls, buns... Good way to start your day :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Palace Hotel for a long weekend over the Easter break. The hotel has a great location - we travelled from the airport by train to Copenhagen city centre, and from there we were about 5 minutes walk away. Contrary to the previous review, we found the hotel easily -in fact you can see it from exiting the station looking straight over Tivoli.

During our stay we walked practically everywhere. The hotel is right next to the pedestrianised shopping area, it's opposite Tivoli and super close to the design museum. Copenhagen is pretty small to be honest.

The only con with the location of the hotel is that it is right next to the town hall, and therefore, you are subject to the loud clock bongs every quarter of an hour from 8am to midnight. A little annoying if you want a little lie in.

We had originally booked a standard double/twin room. I recommend you specify if you want a double, as we had two twin beds pushed together with two single duvets which I'm not a fan of. The room was pretty small, with only a shower cubicle rather than a bath tub. We discovered that the shower did not drain at all, and rapidly flooded our bathroom. On raising the issue, we were immediately offered a different room - an upgrade to the superior king at no extra cost - and they were extremely flexible with letting us go out for the day before coming back to move. Our new room was so much bigger and included a bath tub, not to mention the huge super king double bed.

I recommend you request a room that is not on the first floor as there is fairly loud music playing from below until relatively late. It does get quieter but if you are a light sleeper then this could be disturbing. Also, there was no chance of an afternoon nap pre big night out.

We didn't eat any meals in the hotel because we thought breakfast at DK160something was a bit steep. Instead we went back over to the station and at at Andersen's bakery - excellent pasteries, coffee and the most amazing hot dogs from the gourmet hot do shop next door. A must! We didn't eat dinners near to the hotel, but instead went to Restaurant Radio (20 mins walk away) and Geranium (cab drive).

If we were to go back to Copenhagen, I would be tempted to stay nearer to the night life over the river. Albeit you would be further away from the sights, but I think the atmosphere in the evenings and selection of bars would have been better. But this part i'm just guessing.

Room Tip: Higher floors are likely to be less noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank VonGregson
Helsinki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Had a short break with my son in Copenahagen. Came to city-center by train from airport and we walked towards the town hall (where the hotel situated).
So we were trying to look around to find Scandic-sign and were very confused when not finding any. So after 10 minutes strolling we went in to a hotel (which had some other hotel-chain mark in the doorway). I asked at the reception, if they knew where our Scandic-Hotels is, and they replied "you have just arrived". Personally I did not like the the way Scandic is doing this in this location. From my point of view, it is obligatory to have some sign (even small) to tell patron where we are. This is important part of the customer-experience (customer-journey planning) - to ensure your customer is able to find you. Very basics!
However, the hotel was quite unique; old building with special atmosphere. Same time we felt good about old-fashioned interior, some parts of walls and ceilings seemed to be very worn-out.
The room itself was good with funny separated shower-rooms. Enough space for luggage and stuff. Nice linens and beds plus decoration. Scandinavian style. We liked it.
Breakfast was VERY good, huge amount of different items to choose from and good service attitude. Same attitude with receptionists. And barista, who prepared one of the best cappucinos in town.
So I´m sure we come back when in Copenhagen. At least now we know where it is.:)

Room Tip: Superior twin was very good choice!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ripatti
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Very convenience location, very helpful and friendly staff. Rooms are very clean and modern, I had a very pleasant stay. Just the weather is not too good due to strong freezing wind. Hence suggest to have visit in Copenhagen during May instead.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo