“Expensive and bad standard”
Review of Scandic Copenhagen

Scandic Copenhagen
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Booked this hotel after previous good experiences of Scandic. Upon check in they said that we only have booked for one night even though we had reservation paper with us. But it wasn't any problem to book another night. The room was rather small and there was a lot of hair in the bathroom. The hotel had a policy to only clean the room every third day because of "the environment", but I can't see how the environment gets better if they don't make the bed every day. The "air cooling" system in the room was a joke, the room felt like a sauna at night. The breakfast was good but the breakfast room reminded of a school cafeteria, busy and noisy. One good thing with the hotel was the pretty good WiFi in the hotel. We don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DIF1891
Morten N, Gæsteansvarlig at Scandic Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2015

Dear DIF1891,

We truly appreciate your comments regarding your stay.

However we are sorry that we didn’t succeed in fulfilling your expectations in terms of a stay in Copenhagen.

There are newer reviews for Scandic Copenhagen

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife stayed at this hotel 2 nights in July on trip to Copenhagen with our two forster childern. We had selected this hotel due to its location and an offer with Childern for free if they sleeps on an sofabed in the room. This sofabed was quite hard and both kids complained about it, so on the second day the ask the hotel to softed it a bit, which they did, it helped a bit.
Scandic in general seems to have cut down on room clean so rooms are only clean every third day or when there is a guest switch in the room. The argued on this to save the enviroment, which is true some degree, but I guess that their main motivation is to cut cost.
The main disappointment was the free breakfast buffet, which was below that one can expect.

Dear PeterOdgaard,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night. 2 adults and 2 small children. The room was big and bright! There was a fold out sofa wich folded out to a dobble bed. The bathroom was clean.

The service in the resurant and bar was exellent.
The service at the reseption colud be better. They did'nt give any information about the hotel, she was very busy, and there was a long que.

The location of the hotel is exellent. Very central.

Dear Ida R,

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here for one night when on business and the only thing keeping me from going back is that I consider it a bit too expensive. The hotel has a special look that I haven't seen before in hotels. I stayed in a room that was booked for three people. Unfortunately the shower didn't work in our first room, so we were upgraded to a much larger and better room (actually more like two rooms).

Staff was friendly. Breakfast was very nice. Just like someone else commented, we walked right into the breakfast room without anyone asking us for our room number or showing us where to sit. This wasn't a problem for us since there were plenty of free tables and I like to pick my own seat. Self-service breakfast is very common in the hotels I've stayed in, so I never expected anyone to come explain to me what to do.

The location was very good and I imagine it would be a great to stay here if you like shopping since it's right on Gammel Kongevej with lots of nice shops, at least if you walk west.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear TofslanVifslan,

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Sue and I are about to check out of this hotel having spent one complementary night before boarding a 6 star ultra luxury cruise. I only hope that the cruise is better than the hotel. The room was adequate and rather Ikea like. The wet room / toilet was efficient and clean but very spartan. When we arrived at breakfast my opinion of the hotel went down the pan. I thought I had been transported back 45 years to my " School dinner hall " It really was a free for all and hardly any tables free. Once room number taken no attempt to find you a table or explain the breakfast protocol. The food in all fairness was acceptable, there was a good selection but all on a self service scrum basis.
The hotel is well located for walking to Tivoli and other attractions. No idea what the cost of a night will be in this hotel but if the bar prices are anything to go by it will not be cheap.
The hotel will not be on my list of places to revisit!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H2OTGP

Dear H2OTGP,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a family room. 2 adults and 4 children (age 7, 5, 0, 0). They really try and succeed in being a good place for the whole family. We can highly recommend a hotel where you will feel welcome

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view towards Tivoli
1  Thank Siamcruise

Dear Siamcruise,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had a 13 night stay here on business. Stayed on the top floor which was serviced by its own lift which was a good touch. My room 1806 did have a few issues for what we would say is a four star hotel. Firstly the Bang and Oulfson stereo was broken, trim pieces of wood on the window sill were hanging off, wardrobe handles hanging off. There was no safe either.
Breakfast was ok if you like the continental but if you want full English type don't bother. Also you just walked into the breakfast room know body ever asked my room number? It also had the feel of a canteen.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear John B,

We truly appreciate your comments regarding your stay.

We do hope to see you again some day