“Very good hotell!”
Review of Scandic Copenhagen

Scandic Copenhagen
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night. 2 adults and 2 small children. The room was big and bright! There was a fold out sofa wich folded out to a dobble bed. The bathroom was clean.

The service in the resurant and bar was exellent.
The service at the reseption colud be better. They did'nt give any information about the hotel, she was very busy, and there was a long que.

The location of the hotel is exellent. Very central.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Morten N, Gæsteansvarlig at Scandic Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2015

Dear Ida R,

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here for one night when on business and the only thing keeping me from going back is that I consider it a bit too expensive. The hotel has a special look that I haven't seen before in hotels. I stayed in a room that was booked for three people. Unfortunately the shower didn't work in our first room, so we were upgraded to a much larger and better room (actually more like two rooms).

Staff was friendly. Breakfast was very nice. Just like someone else commented, we walked right into the breakfast room without anyone asking us for our room number or showing us where to sit. This wasn't a problem for us since there were plenty of free tables and I like to pick my own seat. Self-service breakfast is very common in the hotels I've stayed in, so I never expected anyone to come explain to me what to do.

The location was very good and I imagine it would be a great to stay here if you like shopping since it's right on Gammel Kongevej with lots of nice shops, at least if you walk west.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear TofslanVifslan,

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Sue and I are about to check out of this hotel having spent one complementary night before boarding a 6 star ultra luxury cruise. I only hope that the cruise is better than the hotel. The room was adequate and rather Ikea like. The wet room / toilet was efficient and clean but very spartan. When we arrived at breakfast my opinion of the hotel went down the pan. I thought I had been transported back 45 years to my " School dinner hall " It really was a free for all and hardly any tables free. Once room number taken no attempt to find you a table or explain the breakfast protocol. The food in all fairness was acceptable, there was a good selection but all on a self service scrum basis.
The hotel is well located for walking to Tivoli and other attractions. No idea what the cost of a night will be in this hotel but if the bar prices are anything to go by it will not be cheap.
The hotel will not be on my list of places to revisit!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H2OTGP

Dear H2OTGP,

We truly appreciate your comments regarding your stay.

However we are sorry that we didn’t succeed in fulfilling your expectations in terms of a stay in Copenhagen.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a family room. 2 adults and 4 children (age 7, 5, 0, 0). They really try and succeed in being a good place for the whole family. We can highly recommend a hotel where you will feel welcome

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view towards Tivoli
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Siamcruise

Dear Siamcruise,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had a 13 night stay here on business. Stayed on the top floor which was serviced by its own lift which was a good touch. My room 1806 did have a few issues for what we would say is a four star hotel. Firstly the Bang and Oulfson stereo was broken, trim pieces of wood on the window sill were hanging off, wardrobe handles hanging off. There was no safe either.
Breakfast was ok if you like the continental but if you want full English type don't bother. Also you just walked into the breakfast room know body ever asked my room number? It also had the feel of a canteen.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear John B,

We truly appreciate your comments regarding your stay.

We do hope to see you again some day

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Excellent location, we arrived by train, within walking distance even dragging suitcases. Also close to car hire. View was lovely. Room clean, spacious and comfortable. The numbers of people checking in and out for Costa cruises was a bit overwhelming, I think their check in/ concierge desk should not be so close to the front doors that it obstructs the flow of those not on a cruise. Would have liked tea/coffee making facilities, we were in over 20 hotels during our trip and this was one of the few lacking these facilities, even small cheap hotels manage to provide them along with (mostly) a fridge. The breakfast buffet was excellent, it would have been good to have prior warning of a change of venue the morning before, some confusion resulted!

On our return to Copenhagen we chose a cheaper hotel and realised that it would have been better to pay a little more and return to the Scandic where the rooms were larger, and were airconditioned.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the canal
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mary B,

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Good service, excellent location but dirty furniture in rooms, no minibar/fridge in rooms, poor food quality in hotel restaurant (breakfast and dinner/grill). Expensive so basically you pay for the location.

• Stayed: July 2013