“Stylish boutique hotel”

Andersen Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed one night here in September and were very pleased. Knowing the area I asked for a room at the back and we got one at the end of a corridor, facing the inner courtyard of the block, so noise was at a minimum. The room was spotless, airy and felt fresh. The whole place is recently done up and in an excellent state. The bathroom was also nice and clean. We slept very well after a lovely evening in wonderful Copenhagen. The buffet breakfast was truly one of the best I've had at a hotel in this price range.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Castor_Dioskouros
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank for a perfect review.

It is always pleasant to receive positive feedback and good to hear how you liked your stay.

The complimentary breakfast is a cold buffet with a variety of bread, cheese, yoghurt etc.

We aim towards offering the best service in Copenhagen and we trust we lived up to your expectations.

Please come and stay at Andersen Boutique Hotel again

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here the evening before our cruise on August 29th and had read pretty good reviews overall, except for the occasional person saying how noisy it can get. Well we have traveled a lot and figured what is a little noise, people tend to overdo it.. Well was I WRONG..knowing this, I did ask the reception if I was able to get a room in the back explaining that we have not slept in 24 hrs and were familiar with the comments made about the noise facing the front rooms. The 2 ladies at the reception looked at each other and said something in danish which I did not understand and told me there were no more places and assured me that the noise was not that bad. So we checked into our very tiny room located on the front. Disappointed with the size of the room but we figured it was for one night and it had a bed. We walked out for a beautiful long walk had a wonderful supper and then got back to the room at about 9:00 p.m. We were beat since we had not slept in 24 hrs. At this point there were people yelling on the streets but we figured at one point it will stop. Well 10:00 p.m. got around and the noise just got louder and louder. At 2:00 a.m. still not sleeping. At about 3:30 a.m. a brawl breaks out in front of the hotel. Once that was over I think we fell asleep at around 6:00 a.m. SOME quietness, so we thought, but oh no, there is construction going on in front of the hotel. Now I know that is completely out of the hotel's control but they were well aware of this instead of telling us that the noise was not that bad. As for location it is good, walking from the train station, not far from Tivoli and shops. Breakfast was outstanding, a wide choice of food.

Room Tip: Do not and I repeat do not take a room in the front.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank N0rlin
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for a valuable review.

I am truly sorry to read how horrible the noise was during your stay. The road construction work has been extremely noisy and unfortunately the work began at 7:00 am on the worst mornings. The workers do not work Saturday and Sunday. It is planned to be done by Christmas.

The street noise is regrettable and we work continuously with the police to keep the area calm and quiet. The street and night life has finally quieted down.

Our rooms facing the courtyard are more quiet and we have earplugs if this is a wish.

We hope to welcome you back when the street renovation is ready.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here before a cruise Sept 18, 2013. The room was upgraded without even asking to a Jr. suite. Very reasonable price. Beautiful lobby with a cozy bar for coffee/tea. Delightful, colorful and spotless breakfast room as well.. The desk clerks went out of their way to give us restaurant tips, get taxis and tickets for Tivoli Gardens, which is in walking distance. the breakfast the next morning was a full ,very large spread. We were most happy how well they accommodated my daughter who has food allergies. the cook came out and made sure everything was gluten free. Very helpful, friendly staff.

Room Tip: Even front room was quiet with construction going on..never heard a thing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
kn1653cph, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you for a fantastic review.

Sounds like you and your daughter had a wonderful time in Andersen Hotel and Copenhagen.

Amazing Jr. Suite is our largest room type and many believe it is good value for money. Some have a bathtub and others a stand alone shower.

We want our Lobby Lounge to be a pleasant and relaxed place. There is free wi-fi, board games, international magazines and plenty of beverages to choose from. And great company from my lovely, friendly and helpful collegues.

If we know about allergies or special needs we are happy to do our utmost to cater accordingly

We hoep to welcome you back next time you are in Copenhagen

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had a delightful stay at the Andersen Hotel. The location is perfect - the train from the airport stops at the Central Station, and the hotel is a very short walk from the station. Check-in was a pleasure. Sean welcomed us and gave us great advice about the many good restaurants in the area. Our room was comfortable and well outfitted. I think it was recently re-done - everything was very fresh looking, with lots of fun touches. Good breakfast, too. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for your review.

It sounds like yo had a wonderful time and took advantage of our knowledgeable and helpfull staff. We all love and know our City and the secrets that comes with being a local Copenhagener.

You are always welcome to contact us beforehand to ask for suggestions, recommendations and reservations.

We look forward to welcome you back

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived late at night to the cab driver telling us to watch our bags as this was a 'bad neighbourhood'. In fact, it was fine, there were a few strip clubs near the hotel, but at no point did I feel unsafe or threatened at all. The hotel is about 2 minutes from central station, so is very well located. Rooms are clean and decked out nicely (one side of the double bed is soft and the other hard, so there is something for everyone!). As we arrived late there was no food available (pop up restaurant isn't every night), but we managed to get food from the 7 Eleven around the corner - worth bearing in mind if you are a late arrival to eat before you get to the hotel or check the restaurant is open that night. The reception staff are very helpful printing out various train times so we would make our meetings on time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate feedback and aim towards doing our utmost to offer an excellent service and experience to our guests.

It was a surprise to read the taxi drivers comments on Vesterbro. We do comments on the area, one that is often repeated is how safe our guests feel, including female travellers. You might meet a drunk or a homeless in Istedgade, honestly I feel more sorry than afraid of them.

The neighborhood offers everything from designer shops, to galleries and the Meatpacking Area's restaurants. The newest is "KUL" (coal) and already very popular among the local hipsters.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I summarized the experience to my friends as an expensive hostel. The front desk staff was very helpful but the good experience ends there. There was only one english channel on the TV (BBC World). There were no phones or clocks in the rooms. I couldn't call my travel companion staying there in another room, we had to email each other. I stayed three nights and my room was not cleaned once. I was out with a YES on my door from 9-1 on the first day, returned for 20 minutes and took off the YES, only to find a bag of towels on my door when leaving again. The next day I was out from 9 to 3:30 with a YES on my door. I came back and took it off and 15 minutes later there was a bag of towels on my door. No kettles or other amenities. My room was freezing. I paid for a brilliant Double and luckily stayed alone as you could not get out of the other side of the bed. The rooms were very expensive given what we got. I was very disappointed. There was construction outside my window (outside the hotel's control obviously) which looks long term and is very noisy early in the morning. The other room was a Single Brilliant. The bathroom was like that on a cruise ship. Shower pretty much over the toilet and they give you a brush to take the water off the floor you want to stand on and push it down the drain in the floor. Wow! I still can't believe that one. The rooms cost around $300US per night. Definitely expecting more for that, even in Europel

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LovesToTravel1803

Thank you for taking the time to share your points and personal experiences.

First of all, I like to apologize for the Housekeeping issues. We will look into this matter with our Housekeeping Manager.

As previously written our guests are always welcome to contact the Front Desk for any matter small or big. As the rooms vary in size, decor and view we are more than happy to find a suitable room for any individual needs or requests. But it is much easier if we know about an issue before or during your stay.

The rooms do not have telephones, hence we borrow mobiles to borrow for free at the front desk.

The rooms do not have kettles as we serve excellent tea and specialty coffee for a reasonable price in our lobby lounge.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Went to Copenhagen with my sister and our daughters for 4 days. Booked hotel well in advance, mostly based on Tripadvisor reviews. Turned out they were right :-).
Hotel is a 5 minutes walk from the Copenhagen Central Station - which in turn is a simple approx. 15 min trainride from the airport.
It's located in what seems to be a very up- and coming neighbourhood with lots of hotels, and bars and restaurants in the 'meatpacking' district. Very nice and lively, and easy to find a place for lunch or dinner. Make sure to book a table as around 8 o'clock waiting times in popular restaurants can run up to an hour or more.
As I'm a ver bad sleeper when booking specifically asked for as quiet a room as possible, but still close to the other room we booked. Upon arrival they immediately referred to this, and had taken the trouble to even upgrade one room free of charge so we could be together. Unfortunately room facing the courtyard was still very noisy. Same nice blonde receptionist then went out of her way to ensure we would get another room on a higher floor. In which we slept very well! Though rooms on streetside can be noisy, as it's a lively neighbourhood especially in weekends, my sister and daughter weren't bothered by this at all and slept right through it - so don't be taken aback. Iff you're a light sleeeper: ask for a room on a higher floor, room 88 fi.
Room was nicely decorated, and obviously still quite new. Nice colors, wonderfully comfy bed, great shower. Breakfast was ver good as well with lots of choices for muesli, yoghurt, dried fruits - as well as croissants etc.
Reception was also very helpful when we'd forgotten some important medication, and gave good tips re restaurants. One day hired bikes at the hotel for 100 dkk pp and had a great time biking around Copenhagen.
For any next visit to this wonderful city will most definitely book at the Andersen Hotel!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper; ask for a room facing the courtyard, on a high floor (4 or 5).
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time write a very helpful review.

It is true the higher floors are more quiet especially with the current road work. We all count down to mid December, when it is scheduled to be done.

The rooms are decorated in Designers Guild materials and tapestry. The top floors are magenta and purple called Princess and the lower floors are green and turquise called Mermaid. You are always welcome to look at our homepage to get an idea of the decoration. 1st Floor is classic and blue.

It is always fun to rent a bike and explore Copenhagen. If it is raining we are near the central station and many buslines. It is free of charge to bring your bike on the S-train.

We guess you will be back in the future and look forward to welcome you back