3,122 results
All reviews wine hour honesty bar train station molton brown toiletries working girls tivoli gardens meatpacking district sex shops the red light district little touches the meat packing district free glass of wine each evening junior suite street noise convenient location friendly hotel
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel is 5mins walk from Copenhagen train station - which in itself only takes 15mins to get to from Copenhagen Airport.
On arrival - a slight hitch with booking, but Sean quickly sorted this out.
All reviews about Sean alone were spot on - he's very helpful, knows his stuff - and is a really nice and interesting guy to chat to.

Hotel room was facing out to the street, but it wasn't overly noisy to be honest.

Buffet breakfast was continental - as expected, but it was all good stuff.

It's a 10min walk to the centre of the city - and to be honest, we walked pretty much everywhere during the weekend.

For the time spent in the hotel - agree with a previous review that perhaps the hotel could invest in a Sky Sports channel.

Don't worry at all about this hotel being in the red light district - it's not an issue.
You really can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lold
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

We appreciate your valuable comments.

I am pleased to hear that Sean, the continental breakfast and the hotel lived up to expectations. Sounds like you enjoyed the location and beeing able to walk every where.

Istedgade is much more quiet in In the cool season with less people being outside, hence a room facing the street is usually not a problem.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was little concerned after reading reviews regarding the "red light district" area. No need to be concerned. Yes there are some nude clubs and girls standing around waiting but they never bothered us. Really, it's much ado about nothing.

With that out of the way, the best thing about this hotel is the staff. They are the friendliest bunch and so very helpful. We really appreciated their willingness to offer information, make reservation, recommend things to do and offer umbrellas on rainy days.

The room was bright and comfortable and for some reason...we were lucky to receive a plate of fresh fruit and chocolates waiting for us in our room. The whole experience was better than expected.

The only negative would be the breakfast. The continental breakfast was fine but we would have enjoyed some hot cooked meals but that was never an option. Not a big deal but I thought I'd point that out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scoshi
Karen N, General Manager at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for the nice review and the fantastic pictures, especially the one with Tivoli Gardens.

I did not know we had this view from our hotelroom.

Good to hear you enjoyed the stay and the Vesterbro location with all it has to offer.

Please come back to see us.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed 3 nights here. We booked 2 double rooms but when we arrived they said they didn't have any available. After showing them the written confirmation and some back and forth, they admitted it's their fault but they really didn't have any double rooms free. So they upgraded 1 room to a suite with 2 beds and gave us 2 single rooms for the price of a double. Just my luck that my single room turned out to be the smallest on the floor (I checked on the fire emergency floor plan). I attached a photo of the room. I had to stand outside the door to take the picture! There wasn't any room for my suitcase. Surprisingly, the bathroom was a decent size. I appreciated the hotel's effort to correct the situation, but I didn't really enjoy my stay in the tiny room. My friends' rooms were much roomier so just beware if you're booking a single room.

Sean at the front desk is worth a special mention. He's friendly and extremely helpful. He deserves a raise :)

The location was questionable, we saw some "working girls" standing at the corner every day. One night, we saw someone threw out a glass bottle from a moving car outside the hotel. The hotel is a short 5 min walk to Tivoli (it's closed now) and about 30 min to Nyhavn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Karen N, Owner at Andersen Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience with your reservation. This is not our standard and I was happy to hear our Front Office Staff solved the mistake. The smallest single rooms all face the quiet courtyard and have a decent sized bathroom.

Thank you for mentioning Sean, we are fortunate to have a wonderful staff with great attitude

We hope to welcome you back and will have a large room ready for you.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I came to Copenhaugen as a single traveler. I was delayed on my flight and arrived 6 hours later and was tired. Sean welcomed me to the hotel with open arms. He recommended great restaurants and tours of the city. He was the highlight of my trip! He was the nicest person I met during my quick visit.

The hotel was very nice and in a great location! I would return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank EnjoyingTravel27

Thank you for a nice review, especially to Sean.

We take pride in offering an excellent service, we are all locals and know the small interesting places to shop, eat and explore.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay in Copenhagen and Andersen Hotel

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Rooms are cosy, service is great, breakfast is good value and you should stay here if you want value for money. People will tell you it is in the red light district, I didn't see anything other than a couple of adult shops and I certainly didn't feel uncomfortable walking back to the hotel in the evening.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Experttravelleruk1

Thank you for highlighting our cosy rooms, service and value for money.

We still have bikes for rent - and will keep them throughout the winter