“Great Location”
Review of Scandic Webers

Scandic Webers
Ranked #74 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed in the Scandic Webers Hotels in Copenhagen centre recently, and I have to say it was a great stay.

The standard room was a little small, but I had the option to upgrade to a larger room, but I honestly found it OK. It had a nice comfy double bed, shower, toilet, sink, wardrobe, safe and desk to work. The internet was free and fast and the bar was very nice too.

The only negative I would have is the food, I am a vegetarian and when I asked the waiter what vegetarian options they had, after seeing none on the menu, he said I could go to the shop, next to reception and buy a sandwich. The shop had no veggie options either, so not good for the non meat eaters.

The hotel is 1 minute from the central train station, which is great, easy to use and cheap, and only a 5-7 minute walk form the city centre, which has lots to offer for everyone.

But overall I would stay here again and will return with my wife as I know shell love Copenhagen.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank 3Lions66
Marlene F, Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Hi 3lion66
Thank you for taking out the time to review our hotel and thank you for choosing Scandic Webers as your place to stay in Copenhagen.
We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope you enjoyed Copenhagen just as much.
We are glad to get feedback on our food in our shop and we have sent you review to Scandic’s main office to make them aware of our guests wishes for our food department.
We hope to see you again at Scandic Webers.
Marlene Frez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed May 11, 2014

As the friend who booked the room for ChaseChgo I completely agree. I read reviews for this hotel before booking and my expectations were exceeded. Being so close to central station, Tivoli, and central Copenhagen was amazing. When I return to Denmark this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank EdgewaterChicago
Marlene F, Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Hi EdgewaterChicago
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking out the time to tell others about your stay at our hotel and in Copenhagen.
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I will make sure that the staff will knows.
We hope to see you at Scandic Webers again!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

A very small room, including a tiny bathroom. Cleaning of the room could be better.
Breakfast was ok. I paid a roommate, much too high for what you get.
Next time I will choose another hotel. The location is perfect.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fred V
Marlene F, Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Hi Fred,
Thank you very much for taking out the time to write this review. We appreciate it very much. I am very sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay and we will of course use your review to see what can be done for our future guests.
I hope you talked to our staff about your issues of your stay. We are more than willing to help as much as our abilities allow us to, and it is always a possibility that something can be done.
Many of our guests are very happy with the breakfast buffet, but we would like to hear from you about your recommendations to how we can get better.
We hope to see you again at Scandic Webers

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed here for a minivacation. Got a doubleroom meant for one person; it was really small. The bathroom lightswitch was outside the bathroom, which meant that you kind of blinded anyone trying to sleep. Shower-area so small the shower curtain clinged to you if you took half a step outwards.
Garbagetrucks woke me up around five in the morning. Breakfast was the same as in any Scandic Hotel but lacking in organic alternatives.
We had cocktails in the hotelbar (Cube), they were really good.
Due to the location of the hotel I would/will probably go there again, but I wouldn't accept such a small room again.

Room Tip: Try getting a room facing the courtyard, the streets are busy at night
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Martina O
Marlene F, Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Hi Martina O
Thank you so much for taking out the time to tell about your stay and experience with Scandic Webers. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and I hope you used it to see the wonderful things Copenhagen has to offer.
We understand that some of our rooms can be considered small - but none the less, we are happy to hear that you would return to hotel for another stay. May I suggest to try a superior room for your next stay? They are larger than our normal standard double rooms.
I am glad to hear you critiques about the breakfast and we will take your suggestions into consideration. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the drinks in our bar, Cube. They are really good!
We look forward to seeing you again.
All the best,

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hotel is 2 blocks from the central train station, which was an easy 12 minutes from the airport. My room was small, but had a double bed, desk and chair, and another chair. I've had much smaller rooms in Europe. The room and hotel in general were clean and in reasonably good condition.

Breakfast and internet are included in room rate. The breakfast had good variety and was of good quality. Although it got very crowded at the buffet, it was always well stocked. Didn't have any problems with the internet. The hotel didn't really have many other amenities.

Overall, I thought the room was very reasonably priced (in a very expensive city) especially since it includes breakfast and internet. I would recommend it.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank David C

Hi David C
Thank you so much for your review and your stay at Scandic Webers.
I am glad to hear that you enjoy your stay, the free WI-FI and our breakfast. We believe it’s the most important meal of the day. I thank you for your kind words and hope to see you another time at Scandic Webers.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Within a few minutes walk from Central Station this hotel offers all that one might need for a comfortable stay. The very welcoming reception and helpful staff contributed favourably towards our stay. The rooms are modest in size but bright, comfortable and well equipped. Breakfasts are good with very adequate choices. The only possible negative might be noise which at the rear echoes from the courtyard and at the front, the main road. This could be a particular problem should one need to open the windows.

Room Tip: Take advice from the hotel as to whether they have rooms that remain reasonably quiet should one nee...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jayesandveetee
Marlene F, General Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Hi John W
Thank you so much for your feedback concerning your stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your feedback very much. I will make sure that the staff will get a copy of this review – so glad to hear that you were happy with their efforts.
We understand that our location might also bring some noise but we do our very best to prevent the noise from bothering our guests. I’m a sorry that you were, but I hope it didn’t bother you too long.
We hope to see you again at Scandic Webers!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

After much research I booked the hotel and was pleasantly surprised. The location was excellent, grocery store, restaurants, Tivoli, train station, and a whole shopping district within walking distance. The staff was so accommodating, helpful and pleasant and fulfilled every request. The wifi connection in the room was great. The bed was comfortable. Before booking I checked their website and the room looked exactly like the picture. The room was small (which is normal for Copenhagen), but was no surprise as the room was exactly what the website described. The bathroom was clean and ample. Nothing luxurious, but we had everything we needed...clean, good shower pressure, lots of hot water. The hotel is a totally refurbished historic building with so much charm. The bar is modern/contemporary as is the area to enjoy one of the best buffet breakfasts you'll ever have. The pastries are to die for and the fresh fruit was wonderful as well as a huge selection of other breakfast items. It is very expensive to dine in Copenhagen so this was a bargain as well as being delicious. We did not have any problem with street noise as other hotel reviews mentioned and were so happy to have the windows open when we wanted fresh air. we were so glad to see that this hotel was located on the main street, not an out-of-the-way side street. For a hotel in the center of a busy city this was an excellent experience.

Room Tip: Loved being able to look out the window to "people watch" on the street below. I think som...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 104LoveToTravel
Marlene F, General Manager at Scandic Webers, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Hi 104lovetotravel.
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and enjoyed all the things Copenhagen can offer. It is so nice to hear that you were happy with the staff, the level of service and the breakfast – Those pastries are to die for, aren’t they? :o)
We hope to see you once again at Scandic Webers.