2,543 results
All reviews city hall tivoli gardens excellent location national museum central location hotel bar quiet street the main shopping street train station yogurt bells denmark nyhavn cph cruise
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2019

We stayed for a weekend and booked and paid our tickets through booking.com.
All went well, even there was a quite big line for checking in and only small service desk with 2 people working.
Hotel is a bit worn out, rooms are really tiny, or at least the cheapest ones.
Bed was maybe 180cm wide and some 30cm space left on the sides, but that was okay as we did not spent that much time in the room.
Breakfast was really good, nothing to complain about that.
We paid appx 220€/per night incl breakfast.. With that price you should get better rooms and beds - too soft and worn out bed and too tiny room :(.
I might spend next time 50 euros more per night and pick up a hotel with a bit bigger room :)
But yes, budget hotel with location perfect and breakfast really good. Try to get better deal that we did!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Karen H, General Manager at First Hotel Twentyseven, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Dear MeriMaaria,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at First Hotel Twentyseven.

I appreciate very much that you took the time to evaluate us. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further comments to your stay or to help us improve our product.

We look forward to wish you welcome back to First Hotel Twentyseven.

Reviewed May 11, 2019

Perfectly located in the center on Copenhagen. The hotel itself does lack a bit of identity. The outdoor bit on the pictures you see isn’t used. There is a small bar space inside but no proper bar as such. Great there is a cracking bar next door with brewdog on draft. Standard room was tiny. Not hygge in the slightest. Judy basically a double bed with two single duvets and half a meter all around to just get by. Decent sized bath room but the floor slippy. Tiny tv. No air con. No fridge. No tea/ coffee facilities. Walls paper thin to the extent people walking in the corridor and room were noisy. Staff were pleasant and never really had to queue. Stored bags for us. Wouldn’t return.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Warren M,

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in April.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was great, lots of choice. Did get busy around 9 though. So worth getting down before then.
The room was small but more than ample. It was clean, well decorated, comfy and had plenty of storage.
The hotel is in a great location for exploring Copenhagen
My only issue which is very minor is that I sleep terribly when not at home and the clock tower nearby was rather loud. But this would only be an issue for fellow light sleepers.
Overall would fully recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Karen H, General Manager at First Hotel Twentyseven, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Dear NAHFMH,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your stay at First Hotel Twentyseven.

Our guests' feedback is very important to us, and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to wish you welcome back to First Hotel Twentyseven.

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

Location was ideal as it was in the centre and we could walk everywhere. On arrival the staff were extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. When we went to our room it was cramped with a bed and all we could see was staffolding and a abandoned area- looked horrible. We complained and we were moved to a other room was a better view. The room and bathroom could have been cleaner as they dust by the windows and one of the pillows were dirty. There was dust under the chairs and hairs on the bedding. The hotel is located next to a church that chimes every hour. It was VERY difficult to sleep! Don't get a taxi from Copenhagen airport to the hotel it's very expensive. Use the train that you can catch from the airport!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2019

My mother and I came to Denmark to visit her sister and so we decided to stay at this hotel because it is in a great location from April 4 to April 9. Rather than go on and on... let me try to make this easy by listing the pro's and con's.

Pro's:
Location is great, close to shopping avenue's, cafe's, Tivoli
Breakfast was good, expect croissants, other breads, cheese and meat selection, yogurt, fruits, bacon, sausage, eggs.
Parking garage (pricey, about $45 a day in dollars)
Free internet

Con's
Staff is not friendly, more like burned out men at the front desk who have heard it all before and give excuses, even dismiss your concerns
If you drive a larger car or SUV, be prepared for the tightest parking you have ever dealt with. You need someone to help you get out of the garage, hitting the wall is a probability. Even if you are a great driver, it is stressful to park in their garage. Plus the price is a total rip off.
I was sharing a room with my mother and while she was sitting on the bed, she could see through the frosted glass shower ( she moved to the other side of the room asap) however, she saw me showering. The issue with the room (#272) is that the door to the bathroom has to be left wide open to cover the rest of the shower door. However, if you have someone come to the room from the hallway, they would see right through the glass and inside the bathroom. It was a very poorly designed room, no privacy. Having my mother see me in the shower was embarrassing and the staff did not care that it bothered us.
Be prepared to have a terrible skin rash if you use their shampoo/ bath wash. The free product they give you to wash yourself is abrasive and for people who do not use sodium laurel sulfates or harsh wash products, expect your skin to break out in extreme redness/hives.
When I expressed my concern and fear that something in the room was causing me to get sick, we were offered a new room, with a private shower, clean sheets. When I explained what happened and showed pictures of my arms and legs covered in red, the manager blew it off saying, we have 400 rooms, no one has said anything like this before, you're the only one." No apologies, no follow up. I was treated more like a complainer and that they were doing me a big favor because they felt like I was full of crap.
After moving to the new room, I took a shower at the end of a long day. Within 30 minutes, my body once again broke out in red hives, red skin. I took new pictures, then showed another front desk man. I showed him the morning pictures and then the new pictures from that evening, showing the time stamp of those pictures. He agreed it was not right and it looked very bad. His solution was that I go to the store and buy myself my own soap. Yes! I should go find a store and buy myself soap! Talk about accommodating and care!
We asked for extra pillows, they never came. We were then told since we were switching rooms to take the pillows from one room and bring them to the other. Now that's service! (sarcasm)
Last, the showers in both rooms have previous guests body hair clogging the drains
No washclothes
Rooms smell bad, we noticed when we would wake up so we would have to open the windows
They control the heat/air conditioning, so if you are too hot or cold, you can't adjust the temperature at all
Rooms are extremely plain, think depressing college dorm on move in day

Room tip: No privacy, staff doesn't care, allergic reactions to their hotel shampoo/body wash, very plain room
Date of stay: April 2019