“Not bad”

Ranked #52 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in an excellent location - cant fault it at all. As other guests have commented, the rooms are small but I think are perfectly acceptable. The bathroom in my room smelt horrendous. I'm afraid to say I didnt even brush my teeth due to the raw sewage stench. Another problem was the noise, for me, I'm ok with outside noise and this wasn't a problem, but I could hear everything from the room next door! I could hear them chatting, going to the loo, and I even heard their beeping alarm clock in the morning. A basic requisite for a hotel is sound proofing of some sort. Another problem upon checkout was that my room hadn't been paid for in advance. Booking.com sent a confirmation but it turned out they hadn't charged (they were supposed to, I know sometimes they use it to reserve) and this is a problem because my work were supposed to be paying and I'll now have to wait months to get this back in expenses. It's a bit of a party hotel and more like a hostel than a boutique. Ok but I don't think I'll be staying again....

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend in February. Check in was very efficient. Staff is very friendly.
We loved the look of the elevator. All you see is an old door that is the elevator door. Perfect touch. We had a deluxe room so one of the bigger rooms. The room had a good size. Not very large, but that is what you can expect in a city centre. We had a sitting area, a bed and a desk in the room. We even had a small balcony.
The bathroom is very modern. When you take a shower the floor is wetted immediately because the glass wall is too small.
You have to dry the towels above the toilet, this is something I did not like at all.

The first night we heard some neighbors coming home and closing the door, but this was ok. We had a room at the back side of the hotel, so you expect a quiet room. The second day we saw a letter in the elevator that a birthday party would be given in the bar and that it could be a little noisy till 3 AM. As we were on the highest floor we thought we did not have any bother by this, but we were wrong. We went to bed round 1 AM, we had an early flight out of Copenhagen and we wanted to rest. We could not sleep at all. The party guest were outside, screaming, singing, laughing etc. If we understood Danish we could follow the conversation although we were on the highest floor. This is something I did not like at all. In a hotel you know you can hear somethings, but if it looks like the party is in your room than the hotel is missing something.

The location and price is very good. Very close to the bars, restaurants and touristic attractions in town. Room was clean.

The hotel is very good itself, but because of the noise I rated it average. A bit noise is fine but this was too much.

1 Thank Dutchguy71
Newcastle Upon Tyne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have used this hotel for several years now and have seen a rapid decline of both the customer service levels, value for money and thirdly the levels of standards within the hotel.
The courtyards covered in cigarette butts.
The rooms dirty, I had to request the cleaner return to my room to clean it, there were hairs on the bathroom walls, cobwebs and dust everywhere.
I will never stay there again and would not recommend any more, I have recommended to stay there in the past but never again.
You are better off staying at the PALACE HOTEL just around the corner.
I tried on 4 occasions to speak to the hotel manager but each time he was too busy, I left messages but I am yet to meet or speak to him.
I suppose its his loss, neither I on any friends, family or colleagues will return.

Room Tip: Try OSCARS just around the corner for the food and ambience. You must try the amazing home made ca...
1 Thank TONYWAYNE
Martin K, General Manager at First Hotel Twentyseven, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your reviev, which we have been waiting for.

We know who you are and we have been experiencing your visit for 3 years at least.

It is sad you chose to write this, as we have done everything to help you during your stay. We have cleaned your room extremelly well every day - as a departure room - and organized extra long cleaning, extra towels and asked you several times - even upon check in to give you an alternative upgraded room on our expense, as we know your requirements. However, your chose to have a small room to the back of the house.

As to your coments about hair on the walls, this is simply not true and we have taken pictures of this also. I can see how that was placed there for a photoshoot.

We have even experienced your threat towards our reception about using your "pictures" on the net, we have been expecting your reviev. And as mentioned, we know you from several years.

We remain concerned, why you are so reluctant to change rooms and why you stay here so many years, when we are so bad? I will even explain also how we compensated you for up to 50% last year, just to make a difference, but this year I refused to do the same.

I hope you find what you are looking for at your new hotel, which I know very well. This is a very nice hotel and very different.

BR

Martin P. Kraunsøe

Travelers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Bari
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

A hotel is usually judged according to three distinct properties: quality, price and location. In general, it's hard to be completely satisfied with more than two out of three.

I chose First Hotel Twentyseven on two occasions because it is centrally located and not too expensive. Travelling alone and being busy most of the time, I didn't care about much else, apart from cleanliness and a good night's sleep, which I got, although the bed wasn't top class: it could have been a bit longer (I'm six feet four) with a thicker mattress and warmer duvet. But the street is quiet and the heating can be adjusted.

The single room I got was nothing to boast about. It was rather small, with little wardrobe space and a bathroom with cold floor tiles. There was tea and an electric boiler beside the bed. The shower door didn't isolate the cabin hermetically from the rest of the bathroom, so the floor was a bit wet afterwards. As for the basin, if was a bit small and semi-spherical, with the tap at a height that caused a bit more splashing. A minor nuisance, if you wish. But hey, the room was stylish: an aesthetic pleasure to watch.

The common areas are also rather nice. The bar and the restaurant/breakfast room have a pleasant atmosphere.

The rich breakfast buffet is a big plus. Also had a fairly good meal in the evening.

Newspapers and Apple computers are available.

The staff was efficient, helpful and cordial, without exception.

Summing up, I'd say the advantages outnumber the disadvantages. You get what you need. You don't get what you don't need, i.e. there's no luxury to write home about. But there's very good value for money and the location is very central. When travelling alone, I probably will return. But I wouldn't go there for a romantic stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank cskaug
Trondheim, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its location and the fact that we got a fantastic IATA discount. Upon arrival late in the evening, it was obvious that this hotel was very chich, with very elegant and original style. The reception area was definately original, although its functionality could not be questionned. The room was small, but nicely decorated. A cabinet wall, but no pictures on the wall (the emergy exit map was the only art found). The bathroom was nice, with hot water and sufficient water pressure even at the fifth floor. The plastic cups (two of them) were dirty and somebody had been smoking in the bathroom shorty before our arrival. The bed was OK, but the sleep quality was not more than average. As an early riser, I was very happy to find a section of the breakfast area (two rocking chairs, a sofa and two MAC computers) where I could read the paper and drink coffee before having breakfast. The breakfast was excellent. The location of the hotel is also very good for walks downtown.

Room Tip: The front street is not busy so noise is not a problem, probably even on the lower floors.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Hotel has a great location, friedly efficient staff and all the services expevted of a hotel like this. The bar and restaurant has great design elements making them feel modern and comfortable at the same time.
Breakfast is reasonably priced and offers nice selection, in particular the bread, great quality, overall, was the same offering for 3 days, a little variety would have been good. However still a good breakfast.
When next in Copenhagen will choose this hoyel again.

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Most of their rooms facing the main road can be noisy from car noise & people chatting !!

My recent stayed was 3rd occasion and had requested for a room at the back of front building and at checking in , I was told it will cost more which I felt "a day light robbery" !!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the building but it might cost more !!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank talk2pkc
Martin K, General Manager at First Hotel Twentyseven, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

This is clearly a mistake, which is not meant to be. There is NO extra cost for requesting a room to the courtyard or the back street - for this we deeply apologize.

I would like to compensate you for this, when you return to the hotel again. Which I really hope you do.

I saw your comment on our guest service system and asked our team to give me feedback on this for an answer, but you were too quick.

As in regards to the noise, the hotel is absolute central location, but no more noise than other hotels in such a location I am sure.

Please feel free to contact me direct upon your return.

Very best regards