“One of the worst hotel”

First Hotel Twentyseven
Ranked #55 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We came as a group of 6 couples to spend the new years in Copenhague. We have beeen misguided by the rating in trip advisor. This is one of the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. First of all, the rooms are so tiny that you fell in a dorm or in a train. The shelves on the closet were dusty, we had to clean them before putting our clothes. The other shelves are so narrow that you cannot put anything else than underwear. Our room was in the first floor of the extension, you have to go outside from the lobby and then in from the courtyard. The windows can only open sideways, we turned the heaters off but all the pipes for the heaters were passing from our room and we could not leave windows open and it was extremely hot. The floors were cracking and you can hear people passing through the hallway all night. Our bed was double bed and as the matress was used much we always end up in the middle of the bed. Our friend room was next to our and there electronic door broke down around 4pm and somebody came to repair it very loudly at 11:45 pm they were offered to wait in the lobby while the door was being repaired for 6 hours. The service was incredible bad and the people in the front desk bot friendly at all. İ would never recomment this hotel and do not understand how it was voted tripadvisor hotel of the year 2012!!!!

2  Thank hubert0178
There are newer reviews for First Hotel Twentyseven

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I just got back from six night stay. Enjoyed my stay at hotel. Had a deluxe room with large bed that was comfortable. Breakfast and dinner were delicious. Front desk was very helpful. Hotel is very convenient and near Tivoli, museums and shopping district. There are a lot of small boutiques, bakery and restaurants within three block radius. Would definitely recommend this hotel and good for single female traveler.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

First, the location of the hotel is very good, and is located in the true heart of Copenhagen. It is also just a 10min walk from the central station.

The style of the hotel is modern and cool, and they have the known Icebar Copenhagen located at the ground floor. But very expensive.

The service was ok, no more, no less.

Rooms are too small. I have never stayed in a that small hotel room ever.. Luckily the furnishing was done smart, but I had real issues sharing a bottle of champagne in the room with two guests..

If you wish a bottle of wine, no room service, F&B to the room is bought at a hotel kiosk..

Prices were otherwise reasonable.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Having just come back from a 3 night stay at Hotel 27 I was a bit surprised to read some of the negative reviews, as I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. My room was spacious (though I did have a twin to myself) with two large beds and new modern furniture and fittings. It faced the back of the hotel and I wasn't at all troubled by noise (although the town hall clock bells are audible if you're a light sleeper).
The bathroom was also spacious, clean and well finished with a slate effect floor and glass shower cubicle.
Bed linen and towels were fresh and luxurious.
I had breakfast included and this was a buffet of good quality and plentiful, though the breakfast room (which doubles as a wine bar in the evenings) could get crowded at peak times. Furnishings there are a modern Scandinavian mix of rustic and Ikea-style that I found pleasant (though I could have lived without the ubiquitous photo of the woman with her dress over her head)
Wifi is free throughout the hotel, with the login routinely provided with the key card. I had no problems getting connected.
On the slightly negative side I did find the room (and the breakfast room) a bit overheated, but this did seem to be true of indoors Copenhagen generally. Heating is from radiators and I didn't find any means of turning them down.
I'd certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you think you might be troubled by noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at First Hotel Twentyseven in late October. When I arrived, there was no one at reception and I had to go to the bar to ask for someone. A receptionist casually came over to book me in, and although it was probably not their intention, it felt like I was being an inconvenience to them. The lounge/bar/restaurant areas were nice, and the room was basic, which I don't mind, but what bothered me was the soiled armchair next to the bed that I had to face while sleeping. The curtains and wall corners were chipped and blackened. When I stay at a hotel, I expect the furnishing standards to be acceptable, but I felt like this time I would rather be in my own home. However, the hotel was very closely located to the main shopping area and restaurants. I'm giving it three stars because it wasn't an entirely bad experience, but I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lydiax
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was one night on a business trip to Copenhagen. The room - albeit a single - was very compact and I struggled to get into the shower area. The breakfast area may be classed as "funky" or "trendy" but for me felt like a boarding school food hall or a student halls. The food though was very good and fresh.
Location was good for the centre area.
Overall though I would have preferred a more traditional hotel with room service etc.
sorry.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Decent hotel with a great location. Would recommend it. Good breakfast. Close to Stroget and other tourist areas. Nice service at the front desk. Quite small rooms but ok standard. Decent bar and restaurant.