“Unbelievable.”
Review of Fishmarket

Fishmarket
Ranked #72 of 2,499 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We experienced food standards well under par. Poor attention and mediocre service. Most humiliating however, was the fact that our party of 3 elderly couples, all well travelled, were cursed by a young waitress and later in the meal, were honored by a visit from the management who told us in no uncertain terms that we were not behaving properly. Never, ever, will we visit again.
It should be added that other guest nearby watched in disbelief and apologized on behalf of Copenhagen.
Gunnar G Braenne, Norway.

4  Thank braengun
There are newer reviews for Fishmarket

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Had dinner last saturday with my wife when staying in Copenhagen over the weekend.
The decoration is quite simple. The staff is friendly but not so attentive as I would expect for the price level. We had a seafood plate and my rating is a 4 out of 5. The pricing seems to be a bit high but is somehow balanced by the good food quality. The wine list is extensive from around 60 to 600 USD for a bottle. As I consider myself to be a "seafood plate" specialist and I recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Pierre A
Reviewed October 25, 2011

You go to a restaurant called Fishmarket, and you expect to eat fish, plain and simple. Almost all the entrees were fish or seafood. Service was just right. I had an appetizer of raw monkfish marinated in Basil and red pepper. Probably could have used a bit more zing of pepper, too much basil (overpowering) would have been nicer with some citrus. All in all a tasty dish. The fried red Mullet was really good, nicely herbed and the bed of fennel was exquisite. More than too much butter. I rounded out the meal with the petit fours--a nice selection of truffles, macaroons and cookie.

All that said, at over $100 a person, I would have appreciated more attention to the details, at $50 it would have been a good value, somehow my selections came up a bit lacking

1  Thank santjordi
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Delicious "old fashioned" bistro fish dishes. I took the bouillabaise while my wife ordered the grilled lobster. Honoust food, no hocus-pocus cooking. Wines are expensive, but a great winelist. Atmosphere as if you are dining on the boulevard of st. Tropez.

2  Thank WilfreddeRoos
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I'll keep coming here again and again. It is not a long and extensive menu which gives the chef time to prepare each entre with care. The fish is fresh, tasty and also quite ok pricewise.