“For some reason I always go back”

Farrellys The Irish Rover
Ranked #1,654 of 2,641 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Been going to this place every time I´m in Copenhagen, it´s a nice bar/restaurant, good staff and the food is right up my alley. It´s the atmosphere I like the best, just a little dark which is great when you want to get out of the sun and sit down for a frosty pint of beer.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Of course, if I wanted an Irish pub, I really should have gone to Ireland.
What I wanted was something to eat and a drink while I waited for the camera shop down the road to charge my new battery. The patio out front was half full at around 3 pm, so not really a busy time. There was almost nobody inside. I ordered a beer and a club sandwich and french fries. The club sandwich should have been pretty easy for a pub kitchen, but I got a pretty poor grilled chicken sandwich between two slices of plain white thin sliced toasted bread, one of which was spotted with mould. I guess technically it was "greens", although it looked blue-green. In case you are asking, they didn't use blue cheese.
They took it away and replaced it with no bother, but it still left me a little uneasy. Just a hint, chef, try:
The wait staff were friendly but a little slow even though the place was nearly empty by the time I wanted my bill.
FYI, the Viking restaurant across the street is owned by the same people. I didn't visit it, but if standards are the same...
I won't be beating a path to their door again, but perhaps they were having a bad day. Some people have given it good reviews, I notice.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We wandered into the Irish Rover for a drink and a snack. We were greeted by a nice young woman. We ordered fish and chips to share. It was a very large piece of fish breaded nicely. Had chips and peas served with it and the tarter sauce was very tasty.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We were looking for a good old irish breakfast. Seemed like it had just opened, on sunday afternoon. We were the only customers when we placed our order. Two irish breakfasts.

I asked for the coffee to be brought to the table before the food, and I got it. Here was the first warning sign, it was instant coffee. A place that prided itself with "reward winning" irish coffee, is serving me instant coffee for my breakfast? Bad stuff.

When the food came, the beans were almost cold, seemed like they came right out of the box with minimum treatment. Luckily the egg and bacon was good.

The ketchup was in packets, like a fast-food joint, and there was no mustard.
Here comes the bonus-point. When I asked for mustard, I got a small glass filled with good strong mustard, straight from the kitchen.

Why the harsh review? Because eggs&bacon , beans and sausage, isn't a complex dish.
And instant coffee is just horrible and they should have put a sign saying "instant" coffee somewhere, so that we could have skipped this place.

as a side note: I saw that it was instant coffee, because the waiter/bartender was sloppy with disolving it / mixing it.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

visited 3 consecutive nights, first day friend from czech took me. remaining days i demanded him to take me. MUSIC & DRINK best part of the pub.

specially "IRISH IRISH COME BACK" song & selected song for every national (off course no asian) was much interesting.