“Fantastic”
Review of Brasserie Degas

Brasserie Degas
Reserve with
Brasserie Degas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 2,335 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Frederiksberg
Kent
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went here whilst on a business trip and it was only because my hotel was nearby. Agreed not in the swankiest location, since looking at Tripadvisor I can see that others think like me and it is great. The food is absolutely superb and the service attentive but not intrusive. I sat at the bar and had the steak which was to die for. For desert I chatted to the waiter and explained that I wanted something light and he suggested something off of the a la carte menu and it was extraordinarily gorgeous.

Will be going back on my next trip!

• Finnish first
England
“Wow, great for the money”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

What a great place. I'd kept this place in my mind based on Trip Advisor but didn't make a reservation.

It's actually not in a great location in my opinion. Too close to the train station and there was sadly a homeless person across the road. But please please please don't let that put you off. It's a fantastic place for the money. A truly great meal with a few dishes that were approaching Michelin standard! There's a fixed menu for about £25 or a la carte is going to be about £40 for 3 courses. Each was brilliant and the service was great, friendly and attentive.

Can't recommend highly enough and fully deserving of it's ranking on Trip Advisor.

1 Thank Richard H
“Good accidental find”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Right in the middle of the bustling central Copenhagen off a quiet side street, Brasserie Degas offers a small yet interesting menu, with a nice friendly atmosphere and really great staff. The restaurant was busy but we were able to get a table straight away. Food/concepts/menus were explained thoroughly to us and before serving the meals were explained once again to great affect.
We had the steak and pepper sauce and duck breast, both of which were good but not amazing. Desert was a selection of macaroons and cake of which I am assured were delicious. The bill came to Dk550 not bad for food and drink (glass of wine) in Copenhagen and especially considering the level of excellent service.

Visited April 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Romantic dinner at Brasserie Degas”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very nice place, close to Planetarium. Not too big, cosy and with very friendly staff. They explain the ingredients of every dish and at service at any moment. It was a great choice for my husband and me to celebrate our getting married in a nice atmosphere with some good food and a glass of wine. Toilets nice and clean.

• Visited March 2013
malaysia
“One of the best meals I've had. Ever...”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Just got back (rolled back) to the hotel from here. I joking said to the guys in there that this was the best food I've ever had in Copengagen (the joke being I'd only just arrived and BK was all that's passed my lips) but in all seriousness, amazing food. The set menu was great, the a la carte also great, all presented to perfection. The guys serving had a really good sense of humour, and I was impressed with the way they described what it was you were about to eat in detail, rather than lay and leave. Can't recommend this place highly enough.