“Great restaurant but missing something”
Review of Brasserie Degas

Brasserie Degas
Reserve with
Brasserie Degas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 2,350 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Frederiksberg
Kiruna, Sweden
“Great restaurant but missing something”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had a 3 course menu. As starter we had a Carpaccio with pesto. Missing some taste but the presentation and consistency perfect. Main we had monkfish. Same here presentation and consistency was really great but was pretty tasteless. Dessert was a macron that we really liked.
Great interior and friendly staff. I recommend it.

• Visited January 2013

• Finnish first
“French Brasserie in CPH with Flavour and Charme”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

2. time within 3 month; excellent service, delicious food - both visually and tasty. Very french deco with a bar in the middle. Absolutely a place to visit - take a bite and close your eyes - you will meet the flavours with joy. Enjoy:)

Norway
“Lovely food and atmosphere”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Based on the reviews on Tripadvisor my mum and I went here for the cheap three course meal of the day ( 298 DKR). As we got to the restaurant we decided to put together our own three course meal, and I must say it was an experience I would not be without. The food is absolutely tasty and delicious, I don`t think I have ever eaten such a tender meat! The atmosphere is relaxing, and the staff is friendly and professional. We paid 545 DKR each for a three course meal including two glasses of wine each and a cup of coffee. I will definetly go here again when visiting Copenhagen.

• Visited December 2012
California
“Memorable and impressive dishes”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Based on reviews and proximity to the hotel, walked in and got seated at the bar. Was impressive enough to return the next night. My first time eating foie gras so I guess I can't compare it to other places but I was extremely pleased with the lobster and foie gras risotto of the set menu. While a bit small (as were all the entrees), together with an appetizer, bread, and dessert, it is just enough. The next night had foie gras and truffles in puff pastry and it was memorable--the puff pastry delicate and satisfying, the filling well done.

The service was fine--the young gents took the time to explain in great detail all of the foods. They were a bit busy on the second night and it took some diligence to get some bread, but no worries.

I was very pleased with the cheese bread balls they brought before the meal--only four of them, and I could have eaten forty, but they were outstanding. All the appetizers and small dishes we tried were delicate, flavorful and satisfying. The chefs are artists and are manifestly concerned with their craft.

The waiters were very generous and attentive with the drinking water--having eaten in Germany many times, I'm accustomed to water more expensive than wine (only a small exaggeration here) so I was happy that the water was delicious, plentiful, and free.

If I had a complaint I would say it was very, very dark in the restaurant--even a young couple in love and kissing in the dark may ask for the lights to be turned up a bit. But this did not detract from the food or the experience.

It was good enough to return the very next night and try another dish, so I ate there two out three dinners while in Copenhagen, and would not hesitate to return.

• Visited November 2012
Hassleholm, Sweden
“A gem in Copenhagen”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had dinner yesterday with my family in Brasserie Degas. This dinner experience was excellent in every way. Nice and helpful staff. Our duck was delicious in combination with a recommended pinotage. Unfortunately we were unable to have dessert - our bellies were full. However we did have coffe with petit four. Very tasty indeed! Prices are not too high for this kind of food - I would rather say you get value for money. I will certainly return and also recommend this nice restaurant for anyone who likes tasty food in a nice setting with excellent waiters.

• Visited December 2012