“Pleasantly surprised!”
Review of Geist

Geist
Ranked #271 of 2,498 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Walked in on a Sunday night due to a recommendation from our hotel (Hotel Alexandra). Did not realize until later the chef was a Noma alum (show's you how much I know about Copenhagen). I had three dishes: the spinach and greens; salmon; and, crab and potatoes. Although I found the spinach flavors a bit odd, the other two dishes were very good. The service was generally good with things slowing down as the restaurant got busier. Pricey but I think if you approach the meal with an open mind you'll enjoy it.

There are newer reviews for Geist

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went here for my wife's birthday which I noted when I made the reservation online. The place has a cool slick ambience but is still somewhat casual. There were people in shorts and sneakers along with those that dressed up for the night. Service was very attentive and friendly, multiple people wished my wife happy birthday. Food was great, interesting flavor combinations and well-executed. My favorites were the turbot dish and the crispy artichokes and pork belly - everything was tasty though.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was there yesterday to eat with a friend. First i think that the place is very snobby, music very loud feel like you want to go out right after. First the waitress was very pushing to choose meal and wine while we where talking. Food was ok but lobster was writing raw and fried could not understant it served with too much black currant very bitter, and beet root taste like nothing. The monkfish was good but the parley root not enough cook and served with a buttermilk reduction was too sweet if you consider that the root is naturaly sweet. Waitress was still pushing on ine even after the coffee was very special. Do not recommend except if like to spend money for nothing and be in the jet set crew

1  Thank S S
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We booked for a meal at Geist however were disappointed.
There was an excellent opportunity to try many options, similar to a sampling menu and the helpful waitress suggested sharing was a good idea. However the quality was not there and some flavour combinations did not work. The restaurant was busy and we found the noise of people in conjunction with loud music not a pleasant environment. Dishes were served up promptly but it didn't feel like a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We loved the inventive dished served to us at Geist. It's also quite affordable. The mushroom and egg dish is out of this world. Ask to be seated at the counter near the kitchen, were you will see the staff cooking by candle light. This is a hot address that is not to be missed on your Copenhagen trip.