“Delicious”
Review of Geist

Geist
Ranked #588 of 2,728 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed April 23, 2013

One of the most interesting and delicious restaurant experiences I have had in a while.
Don't leave Copenhagen without a stop by Geist. Seriously.
It's innovative and modern without being pretenious. The crowd is mellow and cool- in a way that only Danish can do.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Geist. My food was very good and different. For example, my second course was Potatoes with Poached Egg and Scallops and it was delicious. I found it annoying that within 5 minutes of ordering, our first course was served and the second course was served about 15 minutes later. When I am eating at an expensive restaurant, I do not expect to be rushed. The "cheapest" bottle of wine on the wine list was about $60 USD. I felt like they wer trying to turn over the table in less than an hour.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This restaurant is well worth it's prices - very cool design, the dishes are small and you eat 4 - 5 of them, and don't forget to check out the bathrooms!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Loved the choice of small dishes from the menu (tapas style). Decent choice for vegetarians in comparison to other local restaurants. All dishes beautifully presented, and very tasty. Watch the chefs cooking your food in the central kitchen - skilled, and obsessively clean and tidy! Can be expensive. Cost us £200 for two for 3-4 dishes each and bottle of wine.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

As we walked through the door just 5 minutes late for our booking we were greeted by a waitress with a reminder that we were late and that for future reference they would give the table away after 15 minutes. As would any restaurant. Granted we were late but this was not the welcoming response I was looking for on a special night we had been looking forward too and one that I would be spending a lot more than usual. Saying that the service after this was good.
Food was very interesting although the menu concept was confusing to start with. No starters or main dishes...just pick the dishes u want. We had to ask before an explanation was given.
In my view some dishes worked, the lobster and some less so e.g the Jerusalam artichokes. Candy floss to share with the coffee was also overkill.
More experimental maybe yet interesting but seemed to be more about image & affect than food & service. Seemed to have the more fashionable people in copenhagen that night.
There are better restaurants in cph with this money to spend. Check Michelin star or bib gourmand offerings.