“Great location, twin bed rooms”

Generator Copenhagen
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in a private twin room on the 6th floor. I was hoping we could just push the beds together but it was impossible given the width of the room.

The hotel is very clean, beds are comfy and shower is small but hot. (Ours went from hot to boiling which was unavoidable so be careful.) There is no where to put your change of clothes either which ofcourse didn't bother us to be naked in the room but might be uncomfortable for others. There is no shower may either so water goes everywhere. Rooms are not cleaned during your stay (just weekly I think) so ours was pretty dirty after 4 nights. They did empty our bins and you can request a new towel etc from reception but our room could have been swept.

The bar has a fantastic bar/chill out area which would be packed in Summer. They offer 2 happy hours per day which is great but the beer was flat. I told the bar man it was flat (you could see there was no bubbles/head on the beer) and he said, 'yeah I know, we have problems with the gas and it doesn't work', I asked if I could swap it and he said 'no'. So I suggested they don't sell it while it's flat to which he replied 'it's still beer..'. I was shocked. Soo the good news is that they have cider on the happy hour prices. Also, The bar/chill out level does NOT have wifi (that my iPhone or iPad could pick up) but they have computers where you can pay.

2 out of 4 nights the wifi in our room /reception was 'not working due to maintenance' which was annoying, maybe they could offer free use of computers when this happens?

Free baggage storage on check out. No food was suppose to be bought in but it still happens (just be descreet perhaps) there is a 7/11 and Aldi very close.

Yes, the lift is slow but if you aren't in a rush it's not a problem. Take the stairs.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank chiefytravels
Write a ReviewReviews (2,663)

Reviewed January 18, 2012

It was the best hostel I have ever been to. Very good location, good equipped, delicious breakfast, nice stuff and cheap in comparison to other hostels. Just a small thing we had to pay for hair dryer, when we wanted to borrow it (we paid once and kept it for two days).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank keitsanti
Reviewed January 17, 2012

1. Wonderful location!
2. Very decent price!
3. Nice staff!
4. Not very delicious breakfast, however you can find good places to eat in no time.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank WasiqSilan
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights with my girlfriend. We were very pleased about the location and the overall cleanliness of the hostel. We had a Private Twin Ensuite, and it was located on the 6th floor. The hostel has a bar on the 1st floor so if you want a good night sleep request a room from the 5th or the 6th floor.

The rooms were clean modern and simple. The staff was helpful and nice and the location was just PERFECT. Walking distance to everywhere so you save on public transport.

I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Request a room from the 5th or 6th floor if you want a good night sleep. The 1st floor has a bar so...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Krister E
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed here for two night. The first night I had problems with the Internet (which seems to be on going after reading other comments) and the radiator. The room was freezing, after mentioning it to staff they fixed it the next day. The hostel is in a good location, but be prepared to pay a lot for little in Denmark. Cost $150US/night which was for a private double with ensuite. The bathroom is crazy being completely open, water goes everywhere and takes over an hour to completely drain away. The pillows, if you can call them pillows are really uncomfortable. The staff and helpful but not overly nice. I was often greeted with "yeah" or "Mmm." I prefer to use the word "hi" with a smile! I would look around for better accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2012
GMGENCPH, General Manager at Generator Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Dear Nathan C and major contributor to tripadvisor. I was happy reading your review. We do make mistakes and you have to agree with me that it has to be expensive in Copenhagen considering the overflow of water and uncomfortable pillows we offer.
I was not happy reading about the staff. They are used to see a lot of guests and quiet happy about it as well.
Thanks again for you review
Lars Grambo General Manager

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I booked a room all to myself for 3 nights. Upon arrival, the staffs have been very friendly, helpful and nice. The room was very spacious, clean, bright, and has sufficient electrical plugs. There were about 4-5 plugs in the room, so you don't have to worry about taking turns to charge your camera, phone, ipod, etc. The location is excellent. It's next to places of attraction like Rosenborg Castle, 5-7 minutes of walking distance to Stroget, Nyhavn, 15-20 minutes walking distance to Tivoli gardens. There's plenty of restaurants and pizzerias nearby as well. Pasti, a restaurant next to the hostel is a great place for food (approx £20-25 for a main course and drinks). With an affordable and relatively cheap price paid for a great room in a very central location... one couldn't ask for more :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank RachaelL1
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The location is excellent, very close to Nyhavn and the commercial streets of Copenhagen.
I stayed here in January - in a quiet room at the 6th floor. The room was clean but I think they have some problems with the heating - the radiator was only half warm and very noisy!!!
And the internet connection was very very bad - the signal's strenght was extremly poor even in the chill out/bar/reception area. To be honest, I had the impression that the stopped (on purpose) the WiFi just so you buy internet access from them for a few dkk/10 minutes or so
But apart from the Internet access - which I personally found very annoying - I'd rate this as a good place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Irynuca
GMGENCPH, General Manager at Generator Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Dear Tripadvisor Guest - thank you for your review. We have located the WIFI problem and it should be solved. Once again, thank you for your review.