“Situated in the hart of Christianshavn”
Review of Cafe Oven Vande

Cafe Oven Vande
Ranked #899 of 2,498 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Christianshavn
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The place to go for outdoor lunch,dining, and drinks in the sun, when it`s there.
Cafe Oven Vande is placed on a corner, where you can enjoy Christianshavns slow traffic, both in the narow streets and the boats in the canal.
They are running a good kitchen, not the most original menu, but still ok.
Prices are average for Copenhagen.
In the summer a good place to hang out. Outside.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Oven Vande

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Everything is well thought through at this restaurant, from the decor to the menus, and they even take Visa. The food was simply excellent and the prices moderate, the waitresses charming and the service professional and friendly. Next time I am in Copenhagen, this is where I will eat.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

When you walk into this restaurant, it seems like a casual cafe, some place where the locals eat and where you can comfortably take children, and it is. The food however is a step up from what one might expect at that kind of casual cafe. The goat cheese salad was fresh and delicious; the other entrees ordered by our pretty equally so.

1  Thank Vestalvirgin
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you've never been to Copenhagen AND you are a vegetarian, then you should know that finding even a single vegetarian choice on a menu is a gift. One of the waiters in our hotel restaurant (which had no vegetarian choices) told us this and sent us to the Christianshavn area for some vegetarian food. We rode the Metro train (identified with a capital "M" on city maps). Located across the street from the canal, Café Oven Vande was a short 1 1/2 block walk from the Christianshavn Metro Station.

I ordered the "Goat Cheese Salad" and thought it was the best food I had on my entire vacation to Europe. My mouth is watering again just thinking about it.

There are a lot of outdoor seats, but we prefer quietness and ate inside. The place was very busy with afternoon clients, so it took us a long time to get service. Another reason service took so long was that the cooks all took their breaks at the same time. They sat across the street by the canal and had a smoke. I subtracted one star for the wait. Other than that, I found the staff were friendly and eager to please.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in Christianshavn. It is not pretentious. They have a moderate, but ok selection of beers. In the summer time you can sit outside and watch the traffic on the canal and in the winter time it is a cozy place to just kick back and relax. It food is ok, but more than anything, it is simply a comfortable place.