“chic restaurant with great food”
Review of Kodbyens Fiskebar

Kodbyens Fiskebar
Ranked #55 of 2,532 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Great food with nice presentation. Fish was very fresh and the razor clams appetizer was delicious. The restaurant was a little hard to find, but it was well worth the walk.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I came here alone after stumbling upon this restaurant when I couldn't get a table in nearby nose2tail.
Turned out to be a great restaurant.
I was seated at the bar area and had the menu explained. I originally was only intending to have a main course but the waitress was so friendly and enthusiastic about the menu that I couldn't resist trying the small plates and a dessert. I opted for the razor clam and langoustine small plates and a pear crumble for dessert. These did not disappoint. All were beautifully presented and the flavour combinations were exquisite, with complex flavours.
I had a fantastic experience. This is service and food as it should be. Great job!!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We went here with a group of 10. The atmosphere, service, and food were great. We had the cod and haike entrees which were incredible. The oysters and salads were also great. The area wasn't anything special, which was disappointing as we wanted to walk to bars and couldn't. If you're looking for great seafood in copenhagen, come here.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Great food, and relaxed wine advice. I love it when I am given the choice to taste different eines before orderin them. Here we were given great, unexpected options - as we requested something adventurous. Full points! Food was unpretentious, quality stuff. Wines superb!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I will be returning to Kobenhavn next year. This time I will have a reservation at Kodbyens Fiskebaren. Last July I was just lucky. The oyster tasting was an Education. Not that I haven't tasted fresh fish before - summers at Carna, Connemara, Ireland's west coast. Where I first met (in print) Jane Grigson.
Kodbyens - means ironically meatpacker! The mussels were excellent, but the Cod was unbelievable. Creamy - almost like a fragrantly wooded chardonnay - earthy and at the same time ethereal.
I am counting the months.