“Great food and service”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We went here with a group of 10. The atmosphere, service, and food were great. We had the cod and haike entrees which were incredible. The oysters and salads were also great. The area wasn't anything special, which was disappointing as we wanted to walk to bars and couldn't. If you're looking for great seafood in copenhagen, come here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,891)

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Great food, and relaxed wine advice. I love it when I am given the choice to taste different eines before orderin them. Here we were given great, unexpected options - as we requested something adventurous. Full points! Food was unpretentious, quality stuff. Wines superb!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I will be returning to Kobenhavn next year. This time I will have a reservation at Kodbyens Fiskebaren. Last July I was just lucky. The oyster tasting was an Education. Not that I haven't tasted fresh fish before - summers at Carna, Connemara, Ireland's west coast. Where I first met (in print) Jane Grigson.
Kodbyens - means ironically meatpacker! The mussels were excellent, but the Cod was unbelievable. Creamy - almost like a fragrantly wooded chardonnay - earthy and at the same time ethereal.
I am counting the months.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was a very hip restaurant in Copenhagen's meatpacking district. Food was no-nonsense but high quality - I definitely recommend the oysters, fish n'chips, as well as hake and mussels. Make sure you confirm with the waitress the size of the dishes as we ended up ordering more than we needed based on the implication that some dishes were smaller than actual.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Great place - really cool industrial feeling. Food was good, but so was the people watching. It was obvious that this is a place to be.