“Trendy and Cool with great food”
Review of Kodbyens Fiskebar

Kodbyens Fiskebar
Ranked #64 of 2,603 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a casula hipster location in the new trendy area of meatpacking district. In summertime you can enjoy sunset basking in the sun till you get seated. Food is of high quality and cocktails, rock! Great service too!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,895)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very unusual, casual, out of the main stream setting. Incredibly delicious seafood. The food was well prepared and was from fesh ingredients. Interesting menu with options for large or small plates. You are able to mix/share orders of delicious and varied FRESH seafood treasures.
The preparations are absolutely wonderful and enhance the fresh seafood's natural flavor.
One person at our table tried the scallops small plate and she said it was one of the best dishes she'd ever eaten.
The waitress suggested the hake (fish) as a big plate choice. It was a fish I'd never tried. I hesitated since the menu said it was "fried" but it was actually lightly sauteed perfectly. The asparagus/veggie side was wonderful--light and flavorful. It also came with delicious bread and fresh, boiled, tiny, new potates with herbs, olive oil. This was an incredibly tasty summer meal.
This was hands down the best seafood we had on our trip to Copenhagen.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We ate here on a warm Saturday night in early July. As we walked up to the restaurant we noticed many people in beach chairs and tables enjoying drinks and dinner. We were early for our reservation so we sat at the bar for a drink. We watched as the bartender meticulously prepared drinks....he was incredible in terms of his attention to detail and his use of fresh ingredients. Best we ever saw. Our meals was equally outstanding in terms of taste and preparation. Our waitress was courteous and helpful. We were not rushed and enjoyed a very good bottle of wine.

I would recommend this restaurant especially if you are staying in the area....it is sort of tucked away in the old warehouse district. Well done all around.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I loved this place more than I thought I would. I thought it would be decent fish/seafood and it turned out to be high end , inventive, flavorful seafood in an industrial setting in Copenhagen's meat packaging district. We started with the langoustine and brill, then had a second course of blue mussels and for our entrees both had the hake. A sommelier recommended a bottle of Anjou from Loire Valley that matched perfectly with our food. Our server, Patricia, was a delight, with the best American accent I've ever heard from someone who is not from the United States.

I think this restaurant's rating of >#100 out of 950 restaurants in Copenhagen is undeserved. It should definitely be in the top 10. I highly recommend this restaurant for a tasty seafood dinner with a cool vibe.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Excellent. Flavor, freshness, preparation, atmosphere (for my sensibility), the people. It is very straightforward -- not the place to go for a traditional style of service. It is relaxed but superb.