“Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #20 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Ibsens - the rooms weren't the biggest or the most luxurious, but the hotel had a good feel and lots of nice touches. It also felt very in keeping with the city of Copenhagen, which I really liked (as opposed to staying a generic chain hotel which could be anywhere). The staff were all really helpful and polite, and bar area was a great place to relax - there are also two restaurants which are directly accesible from the hotel. The location was good, very near Norreport station (which was easy to get to from the airport) and a short walk to all of central Copenhagen.

1 Thank tcz_8127
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Ibsens Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and kind words! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay at our little urban, Copenhagen hotel in the residential Nansensgade area :-) No, the rooms are not big; they are typical Copenhagen hotel rooms decorated in a minimalistic, Scandinavian style. Nothing luxurious about that, it's not meant to be - and I am very happy you liked it!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibsens Hotel :-)

Stine Jørgensen / ibsens Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The purpose of our stay in Copenhagen was to spend quality time with our sons, both residents of Copenhagen. From the minute we arrived at the hotel we felt welcome and were overwhelmed by the friendliness of the staff. The hotel provided us with the requirements we had: comfortable surroundings and good beds,a really good breakfast and a central base for our time there.

Room Tip: As the hotel has a lift, we were satisfied with our room on the third floor.

1 Thank Sandra W
Stine J, Guest Relations Manager at Ibsens Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and kind words! I am very happy Ibsens Hotel was just what you needed to frame your family visit :-) We look forward to welcoming you back home, next time you are in Copenhagen :-)

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We enjoyed our 3 day stay in the hotel. The medium room with the office area and wet room was attractive and clean. Our room looked over the courtyard as I had asked for a quiet room after reading some reviews. There was some noise from the outside extractor fans which could have been more of an issue in the warmer months. Excellent location, near the metro station and lakes. Thought the room was very good value in an expensive city but the breakfasts although tasty, a bit overpriced (the alternatives nearby in the food market are worth looking at !). 'Cozy hour' with a complimentary glass of wine in the very stylish lounge area was welcome! We would not hesitate to go back but next time I would request a firm mattress - I'm sure they would be accommodating to this! Beautiful, welcoming city which I believe by Scandi standards is not too expensive - there are certainly places you can eat for good value.

Dear guset,

Thank you for your review! I am very happy you had a good stay at Ibsens Hotel :-)

Just a small info: All of our beds are Jensen beds in medium hardness, so if you found your bed too soft, unfortunately there is not much we can do about it :-( We can always handle extra pillows, blankets etc., but this probably will not help you much. I do hope to see you back at Ibsens Hotel, though :-)

Best,
Reviewed April 23, 2014

A very nice hotel nearby the metro and only 20 minutes from the airport. they also have bikes to rent what is very good to explore Copenhagen.
The breakfast was good, a lot of healty food but was not included.
Agood Italian restaurand is nextdoor for a pizza and more.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Very pleasant stay in well situated hotel. welcoming and interesting cosy hour when you can meet fellow guests, good continental breakfast, but nothing more - beware if you want a good English breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here for about 5 nights and I thought it was great. The room I had was probably the smallest room I have ever stayed in but I didn't really mind, it was clean and very comfortable. The location was perfect, I walked everywhere from here and the surrounding streets have great places to eat and drink. If I came back to Copenhagen (which I will) I would stay here again.

I would suggest that if you don't have breakfast at the hotel that you go to the markets that are just 5 minutes down the road. I went there every morning for a coffee, pastry and more all for a decent price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Nath4321
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review! I can't wait to see you back at Ibsens Hotel :-)

Best regards,
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

The large room (extra booked the large one) was realy small but always clean. The service and the breakfast was fine. The hotel is realy near by the inner city and the public transport, that is a realy big advantage !

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review! Seems like you had a good stay, great to hear. Next time, if you would like a bigger room, I can recommend you to try one of our X-Large rooms, for instance the ones on the 6th floor. They are very nice with the wooden rafters showing. Or perhaps one of our corner rooms, the junior suites. These also feature a bath tub.

I hope to see you back at Ibsens Hotel, next time you are in Copenhagen!